::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > Tech Talk > High Performance > Nitrous
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 05-15-2005, 02:17 PM   #1
AzCivic

The perfect N2O setup...

just doing a little thinking and figured i'd write down what I think the perfect nitrous setup would consist of, so here it goes:

--assuming your cheap your not gonna want to build the block so that'll be stock, however a proper setup isnt cheap--

-NX direct port kit(even distribution of n2o and fuel, so no backfires caused by fuel puddling up somewhere in the intake manifold, and no cylinders running lean if the intake manifold somehow biases what cylinder gets more n2o; NX because they make high quality kits)

-MSD digital 6 ignition control box or equivalent(has the ability to retard timing only when the nitrous is sprayed thus lessening the chance for detonation while not having to deal w/ the lost power during daily driving; also has a soft touch revlimit that cuts spark and not fuel like the stock revlimit, cutting fuel while accidently spraying into the revlimit is BAD; when paired w/ a quality coil the extra spark energy is nice too, might actually increase gas mileage and smooth out the powerband)

-Window switch(allows the nitrous to only be activated after hitting a predetermined RPM at WOT and shutting it off at another predetermined RPM just before redline)

-a heat range or two colder spark plugs(spark plug can dissipate heat faster and doesnt become a source of detonation)

-nitrous bottle pressure gauge(lets you know what the pressure in the bottle is, if its too high you'll run lean and detonate, if its too low you'll run rich and lose to that geo metro your racing)

-bottle warmer(keeps the bottle pressure from dropping too low, you wanna keep it in the sweet spot of about 900psi or so)

-purge kit(lets you clear the n2o lines of "stale" nitrous and when your done spraying for the night it'll let you relieve the pressure in the nitrous lines if the bottle is closed when you use it, which will help things like the solenoid and connections last longer and not leak)

-remote bottle opener(opens the bottle w/ a flick of a switch)

If you're really hardcore:
-Seperate fuel supply for the nitrous kit to feed off of(fuel cell, regulator, fuel pump and fuel lines and you got an easy way to always have race gas for the nitrous w/ out blowing money on filling your regular tank and wasting it on going to the grocery store)

thats all i can think of for now, if i think of something else i'll update this.

ANY input is of course welcomed and appreciated!
AzCivic is offline   Reply With Quote