::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > The Lounge Area > Kill Stories
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 11-30-2003, 03:33 PM   #1
black95gs-t

2000 R1 vs. 2001 SS Camaro

It was the same night as the Vette just a little further down the road. Same thing happened. This time I was thinking, "I just messed up a Vette. Do I really want to waste the gas? Of course I do." As I was looking at the Camaro I noticed a few stickers on the side from a local LT1/LS1 F-Body shop. This was a Supercharged Camaro. Now I get a Vette and an S/C Camaro in the same night. I signaled him to go. This time I did not give him a head start though. I left it in 6th so I figured the fact that I was not down shifting made it fair. He was right with me up to 100, (we started at 80), but once I hit the beefey part of my torque curve (5500 RPM), I was gone. Same result. I got to about 155 and shut it down. He slamed on his brakes and hit the next exit. I guess he was too embarrised to look at me. The best part is that I didn't even down shift.
J

"Hearts and minds gents.... And if that doesn't work, two in the heart and one in the mind."

"Life sucks.....so drop your pants and let the good times roll!" Mycivicjust8u
black95gs-t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2003, 05:58 PM   #2
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

now i really want a bike

ebpda9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2003, 08:25 PM   #3
VR4_Craver
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by hondaman-iac
now i really want a bike

probably the first thing i do when i become a millonare Sooner or later i will have though its on my Things-To-Have-Before-I-die list right above the 2000 NSX
the geekz0r (11:03:46 PM): basicly, look at it this way...the 6speed is the same is the 5speed in 2,3,4,5,and 6...only the speeds are different because of the fd
the geekz0r (11:04:16 PM): so 2nd pulls like 1st in the 5speed, 3rd is like 2nd, etc.
PortugeeTex (11:04:26 PM): so whats 1st like then?
the geekz0r (11:04:49 PM): 1st is like hitting a cheeta in the ass with a tazer
PortugeeTex (11:04:53 PM): lmfao
VR4_Craver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2003, 01:56 PM   #4
denzien

Quote:
He slamed on his brakes and hit the next exit. I guess he was too embarrised to look at me.

You know, I notice a lot of people doing stuff like this. Mind you, my car is only good to 40mph, but from a stop light, I'll take off normally, not fast or anything, but then some idiot next to me in a V6 SUV or Minivan or something slow will bolt off the line.

I can't help it, I take this not only as a challenge, but as an insult so I punch the gas a scream past them, and as soon as I do, they *always* put on their blinker and slow down, as if they were going to turn all along

Maybe it's just coincidence *shrug*
Old 12-05-2003, 04:29 PM   #5
Civickid0to60

dude, its a cool story and everything, but....man, what is the point in ragging out your bike on a car? There is no way in hell, that a car can keep up with a bike so...i really dont understand. My friend drives a 10 second gsx everynow and then, (usually keeps it garaged) and it wasnt even close to keeping up with a bike in the long run of the race. so there's really no point besides wasting your gas, and ragging out your motor. bikes are fun to top out, get away from cops, do tricks, and pick up girls but for racing? There's really no point unless its against another bike. no offense or anything just my feelings.
Old 12-05-2003, 04:46 PM   #6
Anotherslo1

Evil to rev on cars, knowing high end you are gonna kill the car. It might not be fair, but I'd probably do it too. After all, the camero knew what he was getting into!

Street bikes need love too!
Old 12-06-2003, 06:59 PM   #7
black95gs-t

I don't rag my bike out on cars. I only waste a little gas, which I can afford to do. I didn't even shift. When I was done with the Camaro I still had 5000 RPM's till redline. Thats like revving a Civic Si to 4500 maybe 5000 RPM's. Besides even if I was getting high RPM's, that is what a bike motor is made for. The only reason I was going so fast is because I was in top gear. I normally rev the enging to about 6000 RPM's during my daily riding. When I stopped I was at 7500. Considering my redline is at 12500, I wouldn't really call that abuse.
J

"Hearts and minds gents.... And if that doesn't work, two in the heart and one in the mind."

"Life sucks.....so drop your pants and let the good times roll!" Mycivicjust8u
black95gs-t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2003, 11:14 PM   #8
GT40FIED
Best...mod...ever

Quote:
Originally posted by Civickid0to60
dude, its a cool story and everything, but....man, what is the point in ragging out your bike on a car? There is no way in hell, that a car can keep up with a bike so...i really dont understand. My friend drives a 10 second gsx everynow and then, (usually keeps it garaged) and it wasnt even close to keeping up with a bike in the long run of the race. so there's really no point besides wasting your gas, and ragging out your motor. bikes are fun to top out, get away from cops, do tricks, and pick up girls but for racing? There's really no point unless its against another bike. no offense or anything just my feelings.

That's not necessarily true. I've raced a few bikes from a roll (10-20mph or so) and put a hurting on them until around 100mph. Now...if my car revved to 11K rpm too, I might've been able to hang longer. Most guys cut out around 70mph anyway and then look amazed/pissed that I even hung with them. Don't ask me about models...I'm not a fan of bikes so I haven't a clue. A few times at the strip though I've gotten my ass handed to me by bikes. If I remember right I kept thinking I saw a turbo on this one bike...it ran into the 8's. Wicked fast.
1984 1/2 Mustang GT350 #842, Faster than you...nuff said

Anna Fan Club President/Dictator

Someday, in the event that mankind actually figures out what it is that this world actually revoles around, thousands of people are going to be shocked and perplexed that it was not them. Sometimes this includes me.

"If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever." - George Orwell

Welcome to the new Amerika
GT40FIED is offline   Reply With Quote