::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > Tech Talk > Interior Modifications
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 11-28-2001, 02:03 PM   #1
DemonicAccord

Do you have a leather conversion?

If so, post pics. Tell us where you got it done, what the quality is like, how much did it cost, and which parts of the car were done. I will be doing mine in the next six months. It will be black to match the dye jobi am about to do.
Old 12-13-2001, 08:36 PM   #2
Whtehnda93DXSdn
It has 4 Doors...

have you checked out Katskinz?? they have leather seat covers and are really nice. I've seen them on a few rides and they look great...

Old 12-16-2001, 04:30 PM   #3
CRXZY

Leather retrim

Hey!

I have a 96 Del Sol. I got everything retrimmed in leather - dash, console, pillars, doors, seats, subwoofer box etc

80% in white leather
20% in fake blue suede

Pics at http://www.geocities.com/crxzy9

You need to click on the pics on the right hand side of the front page.

My interior took about 4 weeks. I took everything out and then pulled all the trims apart. I gave it to the trimmer, he trimmed it and then I put it all back in. Took about a month to come up with color schemes and the material.

I had all the leather painted and treated before it was used. I then treated it again after the trimming was finished. I now clean the leather with soap and water as well as using special leather treatment products once a month. I use furniture products to clean the fake suede material.

I also had the sun visors and steering column painted in white paint.

Advice
- Dont put leather on the dashboard if you live in a hot area. Leather will shrink and crack in the sun. Thats why I have used tough, durable fake suede.

- If you use white leather, always cover it when parking your car in the sun. This will prevent it from going yellow.

- Dont use any silicone based products on any trim if you are thinking of covering it with leather, suede, vinyl etc. It wont stick. Well it will for about a month or two and then it will start to bubble. You then need to have it re-glued. I had heaps of Armour-All (silicone product) on my dashboard. The trimmer grinded the dashboard back but the silicone has been absorbed in the dash. Hence I have to pull my dash out for a third time in 4 months to have the suede reglued.

- Dont use light colors on the dash. If you are really keen to, then drive around with some of the material you want to use on the dash. You can then test it in the sunlight, rain etc Light colors reflect off your windscreen and totally blind you in sunny conditions. Hence I used dark blue on the dash instead of white.

As for price and where I got mine done. Well thats pointless as i live in Australia.

Good luck!

Samantha
http://www.geocities.com/crxzy9