::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > Tech Talk > Body Modifications
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 09-03-2001, 04:42 AM   #1
MrCLoWnY

Moldings On Civics

I HAVE SPENT A LOT OF MONEY OR WOULD HAVE SPENT ALOT OF MONEY TAKING OFF MY MOKDINGS ON MY CAR IF I WASN'T LUCKY ENOUGH TO GET IT DONE FOR FREE. BUT CHECK THIS, ALTHOUGH I BELIEVE THAT THE CAR LOOKDS A HUNDRED TIMES BETTER WITHOUT THE MOLDINGS. AS YOU ALL KNOW THE 2001 CIVICS DO NOT COME WITH SIDE MOLDINGS. tHE AUTOMOTIVE INDUSTRY HOWEVER MADE A COMMENT STATING THAT HONDA HAVE MADE THEIR CIVICS SO ECONOMICAL THEY COULDNT AFFORD TO PUT THE MOLDINGS ON THEIR CARS. I PERSONALLY THINK THAT HONDA DID A GOOD JOB BY NOT HAVING THE MOLDINGS. I JUST WANTED TO KNOW WHERE YOUR THOUGHTS WERE ABOUT THIS ISSUE. PEACE.
Old 09-03-2001, 04:39 PM   #2
2000Pimpinex
Super Moderator

I am with ya on the molding thing. I think they look better without the moldings. Some day, I might take mine off and shave the car. Maybe not, I want performance first.
2000Pimpinex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2001, 08:44 PM   #3
VN-Tec

If you dont have enough to shave them, U can do the next best thing and Paint them. My Friends have painted theres with spray paint.. Make sure u mask so u only paint the moldings... Sand it down a little too with some find grit sand paper to give it some grip and clean off some of the old residue on it.. Then paint it and let it dry! The color difference (if any) Wont be that much because the moldings are at a different level than your door, so your eyes will view it differently than the rest of your car so dont worry about color differences
Old 09-03-2001, 08:46 PM   #4
MrCLoWnY

True That VnTEc. I had My Moldings painted right after i got my car. But i had it professionally done. My birthday present. THen IT got TakEn off for FREE. hahahaha
Old 09-04-2001, 06:03 PM   #5
VN-Tec

Haha u shave them off and repaint your car? If so u done a bad ass job!
Old 09-04-2001, 08:55 PM   #6
90civiclxryder

looks a lot better
i got a burgandy civic i was wondering if i should leave the moldings black or paint them, if so what color?
Old 09-05-2001, 03:06 AM   #7
MrCLoWnY

Quote:
Originally posted by VN-Tec
Haha u shave them off and repaint your car? If so u done a bad ass job!

Yeah Im a bad ass TOO. hahahahahahah IT only took me 2 weeks. Paiting it was a bitch too. ANd i didn't have the money for the clear coat so i didn't. I just use alot of wax. If you want to learn to do it yourself and make your car a bad ass just hit me. UP. HAHAHAHAHAHAHA JUSS KIDDING

I wish i knew how to do it my self but i didn't. actually i had my left moldings taken off and not shaven off about 5 years ago. SOME PUnk ass made a left on my green light and hit mah left side. He then had the nerve to take off. I tried to catch him but my back tire was stuck to the fender. My car was toe up. I had the insurance people pay for the damages and the guy at the body shop hooked me up and took off my moldings for free. I was like the first one to do it too around la in a civic. THey wanted $700 for the other side which i didn't have so i just left the right side alone. hahahaha WHo cares about the passenger side neways. Neways about two months ago i was cruising on the freeway and i hit a freakin tire. My car was thrashed. I learned that i can file a claim against cal trans so i did. I also notified my insurance and they offered to pay for my damages and said they will try to get the money from cal trans. SO BAM> BOTH SIDES FREE. IM SO GLAD i hit that tire.
Old 09-05-2001, 03:10 AM   #8
MrCLoWnY

Quote:
Originally posted by 90civiclxryder
looks a lot better
i got a burgandy civic i was wondering if i should leave the moldings black or paint them, if so what color?

Thanks 90civicisryder. I think u should paint it burgandy if your gonna paint them. But if you can afford to take em off like me. I think u should. it makes it look way more clean then stock. But then thats my style. i was first inspired by my friend's cousin's integra gs. He had his moldings taken off with some other stuff. That shit looked tite. VERY VERY CLEAN. by the way this was back in 95. Then the Type R's came with no moldings. and that was that. but yeah let me know what happens. PEACe.
Old 09-05-2001, 11:33 PM   #9
2000Pimpinex
Super Moderator

90civiclxryder-Paint the moldings the same as your car.
MrClownY-You are lucky to have hit the damn tire. I think about someone hitting my car but it never happens. Damn, I guess you got all the luck.
1985 Ford Bronco XLT 5.8 351W
w/ 33X12.5X15
2000Pimpinex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2001, 11:50 PM   #10
OneDopeTeg

In my sig is a pic of my teg.....I personally love the black mouldings and the black mirrors becuase it screams RS. If you plan on doing an engine swap then keep all the little nuances that specify your model and then when you pull up next to someone they will think they are gunna kill you but instead you spank them....the key is being underestimated and looks helps a lot.
Old 09-08-2001, 11:18 PM   #11
2000_Honda_Si

Yep, I'm running a Turbo but trying to stay as low key as possible, then when someone wants some I drop the hammer on them! I love Turbo!