::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > Tech Talk > Body Modifications
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 09-16-2001, 07:10 PM   #1
90civiclxryder

shaving emblem

i took off the front honda H on my 90 civic theres 2 holes i think its better lookin without the emblem. any ideas for getting rid of the holes, thanks
Old 09-16-2001, 07:32 PM   #2
2000Pimpinex
Super Moderator

Body filler, bondo, whatever you want to call it. Use that, let it dry and sand the hell out of it. Repeat process until it looks smooth and then you can get it painted to match the color.
1985 Ford Bronco XLT 5.8 351W
w/ 33X12.5X15
2000Pimpinex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2001, 09:15 PM   #3
90civiclxryder

thats what i thought about doing i just wanted another opinion
Old 09-19-2001, 06:53 AM   #4
2000Pimpinex
Super Moderator

It shouldn't be a problem at all. I think the car will look much "cleaner" with the emblems off.
1985 Ford Bronco XLT 5.8 351W
w/ 33X12.5X15
2000Pimpinex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2001, 08:47 AM   #5
extasy

holes

bondo will shrink and collapse into the holes... use duraglass for the filling and finish with body glaze.
Old 09-20-2001, 07:59 AM   #6
Big James

Body glaze if for those who do not sand well enough.

If you want to do it correctly, you will have the holes brazed in. This is a relativly simple process, but if done incorrectly can cause severe panel warpage.

Supplies:

Torch
Brazing Rods (do not get pre fluxed rods)
Flux
Bondo (or lead)
Primer
Sand paper
Grinder

Prep - wash the area thouroughly and strip off all wax.

One, grind the area approx 1.5 inches fro the hole. This will allo bondo, and brazing to stick.
Two, Heat the area using the torch and melt brazing rod into the hole. Be careful here. Too much heat will cause your panel to warp.
Three, Grind brazing smooth.
Four, apply a thin layer of bondo (or lead). Let dry
Five, sand. Start with a 180 grit and work your way up to a 400. If any brazing show through the surface of the bondo, repeat steps three four and five.
Six, apply a light coat of primer and sand lightly with a fine grit. This will show you if you have high spots that need to be sanded more, or low spots that need to be filled.
Seven, repeat steps 5 and 6 unitl you have a smooth surface.
Eight, using a 400 grit sandpaper, lightly sand the area around the the area that you used the grinder on earlier. this will allow the primer to stick.
Nine, Prime the area. be sure to mask ff and cover the area you do not wish to paint.
Ten, Lightly wetsand the panel with a fine grit sandpaper. Be sure you feather edge the primer into the paint so when it is painted, it is flawless.
Eleven, repaet 9 and 10 until your panel is smooth, and ready to paint.

Now you can either paint it yourself, or take it somewhere to have them do it.

Good Luck.
Old 09-23-2001, 10:25 PM   #7
Addict
Zoom-Zoom

If you've never brazed somthing before, I wouldn't try it out on your car. You'll need some practice..
Old 09-26-2001, 10:43 AM   #8
Big James

Quote:
Originally posted by Civic_Addict
If you've never brazed somthing before, I wouldn't try it out on your car. You'll need some practice..

I agree, you might want to practice a little first. My suggestion f go get an old door or hood from a junkyard. Drill some holes into it, and then practice fixing them.
Old 09-27-2001, 08:26 PM   #9
NaztRadamus01

Ay i know a secret to make it look real clean hmm depends what color civic u have

1.white-masking tape
2.black-electrical tape
3.silver-ducktape
Old 09-27-2001, 08:37 PM   #10
90civiclxryder

Quote:
Originally posted by NaztRadamus01
Ay i know a secret to make it look real clean hmm depends what color civic u have

1.white-masking tape
2.black-electrical tape
3.silver-ducktape

lol, thanks
i have a burgandy car so no go.
Old 10-11-2001, 10:13 AM   #11
Impact23

If you do it yourself be sure to mix the bondo or filler properly. I have seen good jobs done in filling holes then down the road ( a couple months) you can see the holes a little because the mixture wasnt mixed right and it expanded or contracted in size. But you can get holes filled relatively cheap now at shops cuz they have a sort of "saudering gun" technique they can use now so you dont have to spray so much paint and spend a lot of welding time and it is much more cost effective. I had my rear ones done that way and they are fine. I took out the trunklid holes from the stock spoiler I used to have that way too. I have a lot of Bass in the trunk too and the vibrations havent caused any sort of cracking either like I thought might occur. I will check the process for you and let you know what it is called. I forgot. Hope this helps.