::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > Honda / Acura Cars > Civic/Del Sol
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 04-15-2003, 09:04 AM   #1
cashizslick

Dont you just love this?

I love how everybody cracks on civics for being trendy. Whats so trendy about buying an economical car? I see many more mustangs and camero's that are modified than i see Civics. Besides, every friken mustang sounds exactly the same (exhaust wise).

I was thinkin about this b/c the other day, i went to a local hotspot w/my buddie dave (a mustang lover/honda hater). ANyWays, we were at the local dunkin donuts, and about 12 1990ish 5.0 stangs come through the parking lot in about a 10 minute period - all with the same exhaust and all the "foxbody" design.

My buddie always says that i am a "trendy honda owner" but then i pointed it out to him that my civic was the only modifed one weve seen all nite - as opposed to the 12 or so stangs.
Old 04-15-2003, 09:29 AM   #2
JDMB16

who really cares? I like what I like!
Old 04-15-2003, 09:42 AM   #3
venom122
1st Gear

I know lots of people like that. I too have a friend with a 50 something mustang but i posed a similar arguement to him about mustangs today. Also I look at it this way, I could spend the extra cash to buy a factory car that everyone can have. Or i can design my own. No exact car will be just like mine. I know no better way to get familiar with my engine and other vital parts to my car.
venom122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2003, 10:15 AM   #4
pdiggitydogg
Yahoo Watashi wa kattaze!

realistically the "civic trend" is pretty new. Yeah there have been the people that have been doing it for yrs...but in reality what pushed it to what it is now was Fast and the Furious.

So...I wil agree w/ your buddy and call it trendy....for now. In about 10 more yrs or so, if its still goin as strong as it is now, then it wont be trendy...it will be "a thing"
pdiggitydogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2003, 02:48 PM   #5
cashizslick

Points well taken. . . . . .i guess im mad cause i consider my civic to be ssssooo much different and better than the rest lol j/k
Old 04-15-2003, 04:32 PM   #6
silver

move to southern cali and then you'll see where the "trend" came from
Top Secret, Ings+1, J's Racing, Varis, Amuse, ASM, GP Sports, Air Walker, Garage Defend, Kakimoto, BuddyClub, Feel's, Fujitsubo, Porterfield, KG/MM, ORC, Spoon, Mugen, and more than 200 others. If it's in a Hyper Rev, it's in our reach.

http://www.bulletproofautomotive.com
silver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2003, 05:51 PM   #7
nonovurbizniz

dude ct is LITERED with modded civics... I see like 10-100 a day... it's sad... I see my car in my color at least 2-3 times a day...

It IS trendy... do you hear kids popping on any other sites being like " I want a type-R swap in a EG civic.... what does that mean and how do I get it?"

It's crazy every 2 minutes theres another swapped honda...

Do you have ANY idea how rare another import make having a swap in it is... and it's MORE than possible and MORE benificial in others...

IE.. A nissan sentra SER say 93 for instance... has a 2.0 liter motor that's TURBOED in japan... not just got an extra 10-20 hp like honda/acura... if this whole thing was performance or intelligence driven you'd be seeing 240's and sentra's RIPPING down the highway instead of kids in DX civic's and a gadunk-a-dunk fart can coming out the back...

It's all because of that cursed movie and that damn vin diesel...

honda acura compared bit by bit to a nissan would just look meek.. even in us stock trim... People pay WAY too much for these cars... a sentra runs like 2k at MOST from 93... you can sell a 93 civic for like 3-5 NO problem... they're NO more reliable or well designed. People just jump to the honda cuz they see them everywhere and the parts are all over... there are WAY better cars for LESS money out there just waiting for somebody smart to buy it instead of a honda.

anyhow... I'm rambling....

Last edited by nonovurbizniz : 04-17-2003 at 02:31 PM.
nonovurbizniz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2003, 06:09 PM   #8
TeriyakiBroccoli
5th Gear

God, here in So. Cal. every white kid and white girl drives a mustang. Our school mascot is a .. take a guess.. a mustang..

christ.

everyone loves the turbizzim.
TeriyakiBroccoli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2003, 06:52 PM   #9
drdingo21

i see more mustangs and camaros than i do civics around here. There are soooo many mustangs...
drdingo21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2003, 07:06 PM   #10
pdiggitydogg
Yahoo Watashi wa kattaze!

hey guys...2 words for you all
"Motor City"

I bet I got all of you beat on the 'Stang and Camaro count
pdiggitydogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2003, 10:19 AM   #11
silver

Quote:
Originally posted by nonovurbizniz

IE.. A nissan sentra SER say 93 for instance... has a 2.0 liter motor that's TURBOED in japan... not just got an extra 10-20 hp like honda/acura... if this whole thing was performance or intelligence driven you'd be seeing 240's and sentra's RIPPING down the highway instead of kids in DX civic's and a gadunk-a-duck fart can coming out the back...

it's already happening, but generally only from people that really know their cars. i think we all know how to spot the signs of a veteran car person or at least someone who is active and educated in the scene. i like your statement about performance and intelligence driven...that's sums it up perfectly.
Top Secret, Ings+1, J's Racing, Varis, Amuse, ASM, GP Sports, Air Walker, Garage Defend, Kakimoto, BuddyClub, Feel's, Fujitsubo, Porterfield, KG/MM, ORC, Spoon, Mugen, and more than 200 others. If it's in a Hyper Rev, it's in our reach.

http://www.bulletproofautomotive.com
silver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2003, 12:19 PM   #12
blind34_1

people dont buy the nissans, or other quality import vehicles because they dont understand cars in the first place. I love seeing modded cars that arent hondas, because that shows they actually know something.

Everyone just likes to go to autozone or JCW and buy all the rice they can for the modded look on there honda. I dont get it.
blind34_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2003, 08:20 PM   #13
Mirkwo0dForest

this is THE DUMBEST topic i've read all year... who carez..? honestly...

BTW... i see more mustangs than i do Civics...
LOL
dumb topic
my 2 cents
Old 04-16-2003, 09:42 PM   #14
Kyle
elyK

I think this is all BS!!have you ever noticed...that everyone is buying USED civics...meaning that there are the SAME AMOUNT of civics on the road now as there were before...NOTHING HAS CHANGED...more people just mod their cars now thanks to F&F...

EXPLORE THE TRUTH
Kyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2003, 01:15 PM   #15
Mischief(LTS)

or just... find a new topic to talk about. lame
" I love seeing modded cars that arent hondas, because that shows they actually know something. "

thats kind of hipocritical isn't it? i mean.. a 1990 civic SI... huhuhuh
Old 04-18-2003, 08:49 AM   #16
oc civic

i own a lightly modded civic and will be buying a domestic (late 80s mustang probably) go figure..
Old 04-18-2003, 01:09 PM   #17
nonovurbizniz

^ you too huh?
Old 04-19-2003, 09:59 AM   #18
Twilight02ZX3

All I see are civics around here. I am the only person I know that dosent own a Honda and actually works on there own car.