::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > Honda / Acura Cars > Others
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 08-15-2002, 11:38 AM   #1
Phatboy

Whats different 88-89 and 90-91 CRX

I have an 88 CRX si. Bought it for 500. It has been rear ended. The bars that hold the bumper on are bent. Went to junkyard found 90 CRX with perferc back half. Bumper and brackets for 125. Then he tells me that it wont work on an 88. I say "Why?" He says, "I dont know but thats what it tells me".

So I ask a buddy of mine who has a 91 and he says that the body kits say if you have a 90 or 91 some modification for the back may be necessary. Okay what is different? Im thinking of getting the bumper anyway and say to hell with it. But if anyone knows I would sure appreciate it.
Old 08-15-2002, 01:25 PM   #2
KwikR6
Mind Blowing

I wouldn't have a clue about the rear brackets that hold on the bumper...just take them off the other CRX and mod them on....make them fit...wow...that's a hard one....its probably just the way they set up the car...and made things on the car thats why the brackets don't fit.
It's kind of like the going from 5th to 6th to 4th gen civic..they all different...and have different qualities.....different frame structures..shit like that.

The epitome of stupidity is expressed so fluidly with the shity lyric theory you try to spit at me.

I CAN'T WAIT FOR SUMMER!!!
KwikR6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2002, 02:01 PM   #3
Phatboy

They are both 2nd Gen CRXs

Thats why I was lost. 87 and down was first gen and 88 to 91 were second gen. The only thing that looked different was the mudflaps on the 90...

I found a guy parting out a first gen and may get the brackets from him.
Old 08-15-2002, 02:05 PM   #4
KwikR6
Mind Blowing

I dunno then..buy them both...get a deal..and what ever ones you don't use...take them back...Im sure the 2nd gen CRX ones would work..Im thinking he doesn't know..

The epitome of stupidity is expressed so fluidly with the shity lyric theory you try to spit at me.

Old 08-15-2002, 02:16 PM   #5
Phatboy

Yep

I think I am going to snag the one off of this 87. Off er him like 20 bucks for the brackets and give them a shot.
Old 08-15-2002, 04:26 PM   #6
KwikR6
Mind Blowing

Re: Yep

Quote:
Originally posted by Phatboy
I think I am going to snag the one off of this 87. Off er him like 20 bucks for the brackets and give them a shot.
Well if those brackets don't work..buy the other ones....I woulnd't see why the ones off the 2nd get wouldn't work on the 2nd gen..know what im saying
It's like syaing exhaust from a 93 civic won't fit on a 95 civic. it doesn't make any sense.

Old 08-16-2002, 10:13 AM   #7
Phatboy

Salvage Yard

The only crappy thing is that the junkyard wont sell me just the brackets. Its the whole bumper deal. So I really dont want to buy the whole bumper especially if I cant use it.
Old 08-17-2002, 04:22 AM   #8
KwikR6
Mind Blowing

Re: Salvage Yard

Quote:
Originally posted by Phatboy
The only crappy thing is that the junkyard wont sell me just the brackets. Its the whole bumper deal. So I really dont want to buy the whole bumper especially if I cant use it.
Try finding a new place to buy from then....or just order some from a body shop....they can get them

Old 08-31-2002, 11:24 AM   #9
crxpower

all i know is that when you want to buy shocks for the crx it only fits

1988 crx only
1989-91 crx only

the shocks are completely different in part #'s....... but i don't know why the backhalf won't fit ... thought this might help..
Old 09-16-2002, 08:54 AM   #10
crxb16hybrid

Was the other car a DX SI or HF? That can make a difference to...Cause the SI were the heaviest models made they seem to have differnt parts tan the HF or DX .......And as far as shocks go you can use integra rear shocks they will give you a little more travel than the crx shocks....You dont need to modifie them that much either it is rather simple....