.:HSTuners::

::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > The Lounge Area > Shifting Gears - Off Topic Discussions
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: Should we close Hstuners?
Yes, I am a tool 1 0.00%
Lets give it 6 months, and if nothing changes we'll see 5 0.00%
No. I like this place 5 0.00%
Ban Robert 1000005 100.00%
Voters: 1000016. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-22-2007, 10:54 AM   #1
Robert
R-Tard

Close the board

I move to closing down HStuners as being a complete waste of internet space.

The board is dead
Content is largely posted by spamers
No effort is being made to get new members
No point of difference is being offered to internet users
Robert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007, 11:50 AM   #2
GT40FIED
Best...mod...ever

I edited your poll options because you are a douche. They now more evenly reflect REAL option rather than your skewered view on this site.

By all means if you think this site is a waste of time and space, leave. You, in all likelyhood, won't be missed (hell, you've been banned...what...2 or 3 times?). Spammers are starting to be much more controlled...you'd know this if you were in the know. And exactly what should we be doing to gather new members? Should we start spamming other boards? We could advertise, but that costs money. You wanna fork over that cost? Bitch and moan all you want...I like this place. If you don't, get fucked.

Your movement is denied.
1984 1/2 Mustang GT350 #842, Faster than you...nuff said

Anna Fan Club President/Dictator

Someday, in the event that mankind actually figures out what it is that this world actually revoles around, thousands of people are going to be shocked and perplexed that it was not them. Sometimes this includes me.

"If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever." - George Orwell

Welcome to the new Amerika
GT40FIED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007, 01:03 PM   #3
Robert
R-Tard

lets get a democratic approach.
Old 02-22-2007, 06:09 PM   #4
IALuder

i vote that we should move to a different board. i know of a few! this site is dead, and is controlled by spammers.
i am willing to buy the site and move to a new (i might be buying one) server. were i will redo it.

i agree this site has seen better days.

if you cant dazzle them with your brillance, baffle them with your bullshit.
IALuder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007, 10:04 PM   #5
GT40FIED
Best...mod...ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by IALuder
i vote that we should move to a different board. i know of a few! this site is dead, and is controlled by spammers.
i am willing to buy the site and move to a new (i might be buying one) server. were i will redo it.

i agree this site has seen better days.

Well that's for sure. I don't know that a move would be a bad idea, but I think just throwing in the towel is a bit much. Every time the board ever slowed down people started throwing around bad ideas, but no one ever came up with any real solutions. In fact, a move would be the first reasonable one I've heard, even if it is a pretty big step. Maybe if we could figure out what drew people here back when the site was more active we could try and duplicate that. I mean, I know why I'm here, but I'm sure it's much different than why most people climbed on board.

Someday, in the event that mankind actually figures out what it is that this world actually revoles around, thousands of people are going to be shocked and perplexed that it was not them. Sometimes this includes me.

"If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever." - George Orwell

Old 02-22-2007, 10:04 PM   #6
JDMFantasy2k

I like the fact that it's not HT. Yes a more members would help, but look at what a pansy ass show HT is.
Old 02-22-2007, 10:05 PM   #7
GT40FIED
Best...mod...ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDMFantasy2k
I like the fact that it's not HT. Yes a more members would help, but look at what a pansy ass show HT is.

Absolutely. I hate big ass sites where everything gets lost in the sheer number of posts. This place just feels different.

And where the hell have you been, Will?

And to whichever mod added the last option to the poll...you're my new hero. Hahahaha.

Old 02-22-2007, 10:54 PM   #8
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

you are next

ebpda9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007, 10:56 PM   #9
IALuder

i have a friend who created a board jdmcity.com for a school project. it has about 20 active daily members so its not that bad. plus most of them i know personally and hang out with. i think you guys should check the board out and consider moving to it. i talked to handa the site admin. he is willing to transfer the tech articles and your accounts. if you guys prefer a little more commotion. just thought, dont ban me!

Old 02-23-2007, 12:47 PM   #10
Robert
R-Tard

It's amazing how the voting gets ruined when I post fair question. I have violated nothing.

I think people are afriad of being a small fish in a big pond.

My comment might be extreem but I've found it calls people to action. We can make this board better, but it's going going to happen with 4 regular posters, two of which are complete tools when it comes to business/pratical discussions.

Maybe my energies are wasted here...
Old 02-23-2007, 04:24 PM   #11
GT40FIED
Best...mod...ever

Dude...your options in that poll weren't fair. The original options were something like (to paraphrase) "yes", "wait 6 months", and "No. I like visiting a dead board". The third option implies whomever is voting for it is not too bright. That's why I changed it the first time.

I've been part of some of the bigger mega car sites. I used to be pretty active on corral.net until it became way too hectic and the voices of the stupid drowned out the voice of the rational (as they almost always do). It's got nothing to do with not being a "big fish" (am I even one here?)...it's that I'm not a fan of massive sites.

Ok. So I'm a tool. Who cares? I've never made an arument to the contrary. But then again considering the source, I may consider that a compliment. If pointing out your flawed thinking makes me a tool, then yes, I am a huge tool. I'm not sure about Stefan...you'd have to ask him. But he's Romanian so chances are good.

Old 02-23-2007, 06:03 PM   #12
GT40FIED
Best...mod...ever

Rather than edit my previous post I figure I'll dedicate a new one to this quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert
Maybe my energies are wasted here...

Congratulations on what is certainly one of the most condescending things I've ever seen you type (and that's really saying something). You logged in, posted a thread implying we should shut the whole board down, and offered no alternative measures. If that's the kind of attitude you're going to have then you can kindly fuck off. I'm amazed you think that kind of effort is worthy of any sort of acknowledgment. Well...ok...not THAT amazed given your previous track record for holier than thou bullshit, but still surprised nonetheless. Keep up that kind of mindset and not only will your "energies" go wasted here, they won't even be welcome. So either toss out some ideas or just keep quiet.

And as long as we're playing armchair psuedo-psychologist, might I suggest the distinct possibility that you'd like to see this site go? Hell, I'd probably feel the same way if I'd been banned twice (at least) from a site. Then again, I probably would've taken the hint and not come back. So forgive me if I don't take your call to arms as seriously as I would if someone else posted the idea.

Old 02-23-2007, 07:02 PM   #13
thermal
Banning Machine

I was born here..........

.... Robert, if you dont like it here, just go man. Nobody is stopping you.....

Project Teg

Visit the Turbo Forum
thermal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2007, 08:06 PM   #14
IALuder

i honestly think someone should take the board from kalvin and do some work on it at least. i will be willing but i need to get my server first.

consider my moving one board to another. like i said handa is will to work with us.

Old 02-25-2007, 05:21 PM   #15
Robert
R-Tard

Now that I have your attention

I dont really care to point names, blame people or what not.

Now that some of you have bothered to look and post comments towards me. Maybe you could take that energies and direct it into building content, update the appears and give people a reason to signup/return.

Why doesn't someone take the lead on this?

I would like to see this board more successful. I know I'd visit more if there was more content.

Maybe though people are out growing this board?
Old 02-25-2007, 11:19 PM   #16
KwikR6
Mind Blowing

Here is what I think. Bare with me I'm sorry if I offend anyone.

Ok Done playing here. Rob. Seriously go fuck yourself. If you don't like it. Get the fuck outta here you fucking whiny little bitch. YOU choose to come here. NOT ME. BUT YOU! I like it here. Although I haven't been around much lately I still enjoy coming here. Obviously you don't. SO PLEASE don't. Speaking of internet waste I seriously hope that I never have to read one of your waste of a fucking post. GET THE FUCK OUT! DON'T COME BACK!!! GOOD RIDDENCE! Don't like the door hit your ass on the way out.

And besides. Message boards are slow now. It's not the big fad it used to be. JDMC is slow as this so deal with it.

/rant

The epitome of stupidity is expressed so fluidly with the shity lyric theory you try to spit at me.

I CAN'T WAIT FOR SUMMER!!!

Last edited by KwikR6 : 02-25-2007 at 11:41 PM.
KwikR6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 03:30 AM   #17
GT40FIED
Best...mod...ever

One key thing I think people are forgetting is that the demographic of this site is primarily younger males. Most of us tend not to be really well established in life just yet so it's no big surprise that a lot of the people have moved on. Whether it's selling their cars, focusing on college, or just focusing on building their fucking lives, it's not a shock that turn over is pretty high.

And Derek...I got your back, mang. I'm sick of people running their mouths whenever this place slows down for whatever reason.

Old 02-26-2007, 07:01 AM   #18
KwikR6
Mind Blowing

Quote:
Originally Posted by GT40FIED
One key thing I think people are forgetting is that the demographic of this site is primarily younger males. Most of us tend not to be really well established in life just yet so it's no big surprise that a lot of the people have moved on. Whether it's selling their cars, focusing on college, or just focusing on building their fucking lives, it's not a shock that turn over is pretty high.

And Derek...I got your back, mang. I'm sick of people running their mouths whenever this place slows down for whatever reason.
Thanks mang. It's not that I 'left' this place. It's that I had different priorities for a while. But Mr. Holierthenthou seems to think it's his duty to shut the board down. Why? I don't know. I guess when you have nothing better to do, you stick your nose where it doesn't belong. Correct me if I'm wrong or anything but really, i don't think he owns this board or has anything to do with it other then being banned from it twice now. It's like the people that have nothing better to do then complain about everything. If they have nothing to complain about. They complain about that.

The epitome of stupidity is expressed so fluidly with the shity lyric theory you try to spit at me.

Old 02-26-2007, 09:16 AM   #19
IALuder

it was just a suggestion. we need to find away to control the spam tho!

Old 02-26-2007, 11:49 AM   #20
GT40FIED
Best...mod...ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by IALuder
it was just a suggestion. we need to find away to control the spam tho!

The spam has really cleared up lately. After I got my supermod status back I started banning motherfuckers like crazy...and I know Arnel was doing the same thing. We'll have to wait and see, but for now it looks ok.

And a thought occurs to me. Rob...I feel sorry for your wife. I honestly do. Why? Because someday when your marriage reaches the point where it becomes sort of bland and "been-there-done-that", you'll direct your "energies" into giving up. At least if the effort you put in here is any indication. I can see it now...You: "Honey, I'm sorry, but my energies are wasted in this marriage". Her: "But Rob, isn't there anything I can do? We made a promise to our imaginary friend, the lord our god that blah blah blah". You: "I'm sorry...I am just completely incapable of thinking of any rational solution other than to end this because it no longer amuses me. Remember that message board I used to post on before they banned me for a 3rd time? Same principle". Man...that was fun. I should write for theater.

Side note: I rule.

Old 02-26-2007, 01:12 PM   #21
Violent Apathy

I don't post much here but I've been checkin in quite a bit since I got back to civilization and internet. I like it here. Rob, go fuck yourself.

"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die." - Hunter S. Thompson, 1937-2005
Violent Apathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 01:44 PM   #22
KwikR6
Mind Blowing

So if he gets tired of masterbating one day will he get rid of that and get a vagina? ....oh....wait....

Old 03-06-2007, 02:22 PM   #23
Robert
R-Tard

Quote:
The spam has really cleared up lately. After I got my supermod status back I started banning motherfuckers like crazy...and I know Arnel was doing the same thing. We'll have to wait and see, but for now it looks ok.

And a thought occurs to me. Rob...I feel sorry for your wife. I honestly do. Why? Because someday when your marriage reaches the point where it becomes sort of bland and "been-there-done-that", you'll direct your "energies" into giving up. At least if the effort you put in here is any indication. I can see it now...You: "Honey, I'm sorry, but my energies are wasted in this marriage". Her: "But Rob, isn't there anything I can do? We made a promise to our imaginary friend, the lord our god that blah blah blah". You: "I'm sorry...I am just completely incapable of thinking of any rational solution other than to end this because it no longer amuses me. Remember that message board I used to post on before they banned me for a 3rd time? Same principle". Man...that was fun. I should write for theater.

Side note: I rule.

Steve delete my account. I no longer want to be part of a board that openly attacks its members in such a manner as you have done above here. The hate on this board is what stops it from growing. The hate from the mods and the users.

Take care all. Not to worry I will never step back on this board, vist or register with a new account. You will never see/here from me again.

Last edited by Robert : 03-06-2007 at 02:36 PM.
Old 03-06-2007, 07:33 PM   #24
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

good, that settles it. no need to ban phucktards then

Old 03-07-2007, 06:10 AM   #25
GT40FIED
Best...mod...ever

Quote:
Steve delete my account. I no longer want to be part of a board that openly attacks its members in such a manner as you have done above here. The hate on this board is what stops it from growing. The hate from the mods and the users.

Take care all. Not to worry I will never step back on this board, vist or register with a new account. You will never see/here from me again.

Alright...first of all, untwist those panties. Second of all, learn to take a joke. I'm not for a minute going to pretend that such a joke wasn't mean spirited, but it's still just a joke and I'm not going to apologize for making it. If I wanted to "attack" you (which is by definition impossible since we've likely never been within 1000 miles of each other) I would have done something like...well...what Derek did . But hey...there was a point to my joke, which you apparently missed completely.

And I don't really see much hate on this board. I see anger, that's for sure. Hate takes time and energy and I don't think any of us are willing to give that much of either to internet postings. But face it, you basically suggested we shut the board down without any alternative solutions and then claimed to be "just trying to help" (in so many words). I mean c'mon...with that level of bullshit it's no wonder you want to come to the US. You'll fit right in as roughly 70% of our population does nothing but spew bullshit. So before you get all uppity on us and me in particular, re-read what you wrote and rethink what you did and ask yourself if there isn't a reason people got pissed.

Oh...and I can't delete your account. I can ban you, but I'm not even going to do that. If you want your account gone, talk to Kalvin or the foreign kid.

Old 03-07-2007, 01:17 PM   #26
Racing Rice
Project Combat Honda

What I love is the fact that you've been banned what 3,4, maybe even 5 times.. Yet, you continue coming back. Then you ask if we should shut down? You make no sense man. If you don't like the site, don't come here. Obviously there is something that draws you back because you sure as hell can't stay away.

I agree.. We need to fix this spammer problem. It's annoying as hell and greatly decreases our chances of ever gaining any new serious members... If thats possible at this point. I don't post here as much as I should... I've grown out of the Honda game, hell I don't even technically own one anymore since I sold the Civic to a friend. However, I have made a lot of friends on this site and I still can't help but to come back here and see what all of these knuckle heads are up to. We don't have a lot of active members, but the ones that still post here have been around for many years.

So please Robert, do as you want... But don't try to knock the boards down any more then they already are. I'm sure there will probably come a day in time where Kalvin decides that he wants to utilize the space here for something else.. And when he does, I will gladly say goodbye to my HST friends.
Old 03-07-2007, 04:51 PM   #27
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

he'll pop from time to time, i bet. seriusly i haven't seen any spam lately, but the registration is kinda messed up

Old 03-07-2007, 11:04 PM   #28
KwikR6
Mind Blowing

Quote:

Once again. Don't let the big door hit your drama queen ass on the way out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racing Rice
What I love is the fact that you've been banned what 3,4, maybe even 5 times.. Yet, you continue coming back. Then you ask if we should shut down? You make no sense man. If you don't like the site, don't come here. Obviously there is something that draws you back because you sure as hell can't stay away.

I agree.. We need to fix this spammer problem. It's annoying as hell and greatly decreases our chances of ever gaining any new serious members... If thats possible at this point. I don't post here as much as I should... I've grown out of the Honda game, hell I don't even technically own one anymore since I sold the Civic to a friend. However, I have made a lot of friends on this site and I still can't help but to come back here and see what all of these knuckle heads are up to. We don't have a lot of active members, but the ones that still post here have been around for many years.

So please Robert, do as you want... But don't try to knock the boards down any more then they already are. I'm sure there will probably come a day in time where Kalvin decides that he wants to utilize the space here for something else.. And when he does, I will gladly say goodbye to my HST friends.
I gotta take some lessons on how to write stuff like you hahaha

Last edited by KwikR6 : 03-07-2007 at 11:26 PM.
Old 03-08-2007, 07:20 AM   #29
Racing Rice
Project Combat Honda

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebpda9
he'll pop from time to time, i bet. seriusly i haven't seen any spam lately, but the registration is kinda messed up

I'm sure he will.. When he decides that he's in the mood to ruffle feathers or have a heated debate with Steve.

Registration is messed up, eh? lol.. Well thats one way to keep out the spammers.
Old 03-08-2007, 07:41 AM   #30
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

new members too

Old 03-08-2007, 07:45 AM   #31
Racing Rice
Project Combat Honda

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebpda9
new members too

Yes, I know..
Old 03-08-2007, 06:45 PM   #32
IALuder

well, lets start to fix shit.

Old 03-08-2007, 09:45 PM   #33
GT40FIED
Best...mod...ever

The spammers can be dealt with. Between the mods it shouldn't be too hard to keep up with their bullshit. What I don't understand is why people were soft deleting spam threads. Soft deleting still leaves a trace of the post. Why not remove it like it never existed and ban the fuckers?

Old 03-09-2007, 12:16 AM   #34
ohiochica2

I vote for banning Robert!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anyways....... is there anything i can do to help out with getting the boards better?

Becky
ohiochica2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2007, 08:15 AM   #35
Racing Rice
Project Combat Honda

Quote:
The spammers can be dealt with. Between the mods it shouldn't be too hard to keep up with their bullshit. What I don't understand is why people were soft deleting spam threads. Soft deleting still leaves a trace of the post. Why not remove it like it never existed and ban the fuckers?

It defaults to leave thread, I'm guess just mods can see it but I could be wrong. I try to go through and physically remove them all when I can.

Becky,
If you have any ideas or suggestions that would make this place more attractive to new members feel free to throw out ideas. We need a better marketing stradegy. We need something that will attract more users, and then once we get them here, we need something that is going to keep them coming back.

We are a smart bunch of fuckers.. We should be able to come up with something.
Old 03-09-2007, 11:08 PM   #36
ohiochica2

anyone for an ohio get together????????

teasing........geezus i am so outta the car scene now it isnt funny, guess times have just changed. different priorities for lots of people.
Old 03-12-2007, 10:01 AM   #37
Racing Rice
Project Combat Honda

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohiochica2
anyone for an ohio get together????????

teasing........geezus i am so outta the car scene now it isnt funny, guess times have just changed. different priorities for lots of people.

I know that feeling completely.. I drive a stock '02 Explorer, this is the first car that I haven't done anything to.. No wheels, not stereo, so far just oil changes, windshield wipers, and some air fresheners. Look out!
Old 03-12-2007, 11:57 AM   #38
GT40FIED
Best...mod...ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racing Rice
I know that feeling completely.. I drive a stock '02 Explorer, this is the first car that I haven't done anything to.. No wheels, not stereo, so far just oil changes, windshield wipers, and some air fresheners. Look out!

"Hi, I'm Jeremy and I bought a car that will also double as a coffin." Hahahahaha. Seriously man...an Explorer? I couldn't have talked you into a Mustang? I mean fuck...if you're gonna buy a Ford you might at least buy one with some balls. If it's gotta be a truck, make it a Lightning. I know what you mean about not modifying it, though. I ended up with a 4.3L GMC Slownoma and it wasn't the least bit difficult to keep from modifying it. I mean...what's the point? "OOOHHHHH!!! COLD AIR KIT...3 MORE HP!!!1!1!!1one!". The thing's just a piece of shit...no point in dumping money into it.

Old 03-12-2007, 12:16 PM   #39
Racing Rice
Project Combat Honda

I had a Mustang (well it was a badged with the mustang name plate, but the 4.6Ls just aren't true Mustangs to me.) I'd like to find a decent Fox body LX 5.0 one of these days. I wanted something to pull my trailer for my ATV, and I wanted something 4WD/AWD for winter. Really the Explorer isn't bad. It's way better then the Pre '02 models. My girlfriend said that she wants it when she moves to Ohio at the end of this summer. I told her she can have it because I was going to trade it in one something else. It's comfortable, and it rides nice. But for what I'm getting in gas mileage I'd rather have a V8 sports car.
Old 03-13-2007, 01:01 AM   #40
ohiochica2

Wow, you mean i am not the only with an explorer? Me and john bought one to haul the dogs around with. I hate FORDS, but i actually love this suv. If it wasnt for gas i would drive it alllllll the time. My civic sits in the garage and hasnt moved in about 3 weeks.

Hey where is the nearest drag strip at? They closed quaker, and I really want to see what my buddy's car can do.