::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > The Lounge Area > Shifting Gears - Off Topic Discussions
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 11-01-2006, 02:35 PM   #1
AzCivic

ahahahahahha!!!

I hope kerry can do something! lol, it's good to see they have a good sense of humor. If you don't get it, then you must not follow the news.

AzCivic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2006, 04:56 PM   #2
CD5Passion

i've been behind on my news, so I'm confused haha
Old 11-01-2006, 05:08 PM   #3
CD5Passion

oh this haha

http://www.cnn.com/2006/POLITICS/11/...rss_topstories

Quote:
WASHINGTON (CNN) -- Sen. John Kerry apologized Wednesday for a "poorly stated joke," which the Massachusetts senator says was aimed at the president but was widely perceived as a slam on U.S. troops.

"I sincerely regret that my words were misinterpreted to wrongly imply anything negative about those in uniform, and I personally apologize to any service member, family member, or American who was offended," he said in a written statement.

"As a combat veteran, I want to make it clear to anyone in uniform and to their loved ones: My poorly stated joke at a rally was not about, and [was] never intended to refer to any troop," he said.
Old 11-01-2006, 07:38 PM   #4
GT40FIED
Best...mod...ever

What he should've said was "Study hard and do well or you'll end up being president". That statement has a lot more truth.
1984 1/2 Mustang GT350 #842, Faster than you...nuff said

Anna Fan Club President/Dictator

Someday, in the event that mankind actually figures out what it is that this world actually revoles around, thousands of people are going to be shocked and perplexed that it was not them. Sometimes this includes me.

"If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever." - George Orwell

Welcome to the new Amerika
GT40FIED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2006, 08:06 PM   #5
CD5Passion

Quote:
Originally Posted by GT40FIED
What he should've said was "Study hard and do well or you'll end up being president". That statement has a lot more truth.

werd
Old 11-01-2006, 08:25 PM   #6
VR4_Craver
Banned

Quote:

the geekz0r (11:03:46 PM): basicly, look at it this way...the 6speed is the same is the 5speed in 2,3,4,5,and 6...only the speeds are different because of the fd
the geekz0r (11:04:16 PM): so 2nd pulls like 1st in the 5speed, 3rd is like 2nd, etc.
PortugeeTex (11:04:26 PM): so whats 1st like then?
the geekz0r (11:04:49 PM): 1st is like hitting a cheeta in the ass with a tazer
PortugeeTex (11:04:53 PM): lmfao
VR4_Craver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2006, 09:55 PM   #7
AzCivic

both of them went to yale and bush had better grades, so yeah...
Old 11-02-2006, 01:15 AM   #8
GT40FIED
Best...mod...ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by AzCivic
both of them went to yale and bush had better grades, so yeah...

It's amazing what daddy's money can buy you, huh? Where on earth would you find time for class between all the drinking and cocaine?

Someday, in the event that mankind actually figures out what it is that this world actually revoles around, thousands of people are going to be shocked and perplexed that it was not them. Sometimes this includes me.

"If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever." - George Orwell

Old 11-02-2006, 06:43 AM   #9
ChrisCantSkate
Thought Police

Quote:
Where on earth would you find time for class between all the drinking and cocaine?
at college. its not something that is that rare. daddys money buys you in, but i dont think it buys you the grades, because if it did, he would have had good grades insdead of what he got. they are both chumps, but dont try and think "carry" was any different/better at college.

Many dreams come true, and some have silver linings.
I live for my dreams and a pocket full of gold.
ChrisCantSkate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2006, 07:49 AM   #10
AzCivic

Quote:
It's amazing what daddy's money can buy you, huh? Where on earth would you find time for class between all the drinking and cocaine?

"at college. its not something that is that rare. daddys money buys you in, but i dont think it buys you the grades, because if it did, he would have had good grades insdead of what he got. they are both chumps, but dont try and think "carry" was any different/better at college."

steve do you think liberals are angels sent from heaven? lol
Old 11-02-2006, 10:25 AM   #11
GT40FIED
Best...mod...ever

Make no mistake...when you walked into that booth back in 2004 you had a choice between 2 bowls of shit. The only difference was the smell. It's just that one bowl of shit had a (very) slight bit of common sense and the other was George Bush.

That being said, anyone who thinks money doesn't play a part in how colleges grade the kids of a rich alumni is a fucking retard. Alumni money is where colleges get the bucks to build new things. Do you really think a non-tenured professor would risk their job to flunk some spoiled brat if it meant their school loses out on millions in donations? Get real.

And no Rob...I think anyone who claims a generic political standpoint is sent from hell. Be it liberal or conservative, they're all just demons sent to lower the standard. And please refrain from using "lol" in any post. It makes you look fucking retarded.

Old 11-02-2006, 11:29 AM   #12
AzCivic

lol lol lol lol lol

bitching like a little baby about the use of "lol" makes people (you) look retarded.

it's funny, you're so disgruntled about just about everything. you must have a sad, sad life. Keep pretending you know everything though, someday real live people might give a shit (not likely).
Old 11-02-2006, 11:55 AM   #13
Robert
R-Tard

Bush and Kerry are two peas in a pod. They are too similar and thats why they hate eachother so dearly.

I personally think that Kerry should stop trying to make 'funny and clever' jokes about the president and say something with meaning. Everyone can have a laugh, but why vote of him?

Both parties are teh same, they have no control. It's the fed and IRS that hold the power.
Robert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2006, 01:44 PM   #14
AzCivic

I'd say it's the judicial branch of the gov't that has all the power.
Old 11-02-2006, 05:00 PM   #15
CD5Passion

i was watching the Daily Show and they visited a ohio town that was a major stop in Bush's campaign back in '04. They asked them what they thought of their elected choice. most of em regretted voting for Bush's my girlfriend and I had a nice laugh.
Old 11-02-2006, 10:23 PM   #16
AzCivic

would you think the daily show would air anything to the contrary?
Old 11-03-2006, 01:37 AM   #17
GT40FIED
Best...mod...ever

Jeez...learn how to take a joke man.

Side note: I really think Bush should be apologizing to the troops...then Kerry can do it.

Old 11-03-2006, 03:17 AM   #18
CD5Passion

Quote:
would you think the daily show would air anything to the contrary?

the daily show has to be one of the more unbias new sources. sure it's comedy but they sure do know how to rip on both democrats and republicans
Old 11-03-2006, 06:22 AM   #19
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

i agree, jon stewart would rip a new one to every president regardless of political affiliation

ebpda9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2006, 06:57 AM   #20
ChrisCantSkate
Thought Police

Quote:
Originally Posted by CD5Passion
the daily show has to be one of the more unbias new sources. sure it's comedy but they sure do know how to rip on both democrats and republicans

HAHAHAHA HAH HAHAHA HAHAHAA HAHA HAHHAAAHAHA your kidding right? half of what they "report" is cut up clips that mean something entirely different then what the person actualy said/ment. they will start you off with a line of psuedo-news then wander into whatever will get the most people to laugh. its nt real news man

Old 11-03-2006, 10:23 AM   #21
GT40FIED
Best...mod...ever

I really think that the biggest joke played here is one on the American people. The joke is poorly worded, but it's clearly at the expense of Bush and not at the troops. Apparently, the troops in the photo above were not bright enough to understand this, which ironically kind of legitimizes the misinterpretation of the joke. Plus there's really nothing more pathetic than a joke about a stupid person that stupid people don't get. Then the media jumped all over it which forced an apology from Kerry's dumb ass. Let's make one thing clear...George Bush has NEVER made sense when he speaks, yet he's never had to apologize for it. Kerry made things convoluded, but at least he eventually made sense. Bush makes up words and twists things into his own warped perspective of world ideals. If ANYONE needs to apologize for ANYTHING it's Bush and he needs to do it roughly 300 times. I figure that's a good rough estimate of how often he's mispoken and/or outright lied to the American public.

And Chris...really...no one's claiming that The Daily Show is real news. Well...it sort of is, but with a comical perspective. The point is that, while John Stewart does tend to lean more to the left, he gives it pretty good to both sides. Hell...his show even spawned The Colbert Report...Stephen Colbert's character on the show is so far to the right that it satirizes itself. That would be funny if it weren't horribly depressingly true.

Old 11-03-2006, 11:08 AM   #22
AzCivic

how do you figure the original joke was obvious in its intentions? it wasn't misunderstood by anybody, the dumbass f'd it up (if the missing words really were missing). it's not the first time he's talked shit about the military that's why many don't buy that he just left out a few words. What was really funny though was his defiant attitude refusing to apologize to anyone, then apologizes later on. If he can't stand fast against a little media backlash when it comes to a supposed botched joke (after his vehement refusal to apologize), then thank god he's not president.

Ahmadinejad: I'm going to build some nuclear "powerplants"
Kerry: NO!
Ahmadinejad: But I want to wipe out Israe...I mean power my nation!!
Kerry: Well, ok.
(actually he'd probably say ok from the get go)

Why is it that those most afraid of the power of the gov't are the most willing to defend the democrats? Democrats are the ones who want to make the gov't a bigger part of your life are they not?

Last edited by AzCivic : 11-03-2006 at 12:34 PM.
Old 11-03-2006, 12:38 PM   #23
Addict
Zoom-Zoom

That's funny. Glad to see their superiors didn't discipline them for it.

Quote:
I really think that the biggest joke played here is one on the American people. The joke is poorly worded, but it's clearly at the expense of Bush and not at the troops.
Sounds like it came out as he really meant it. He didn't stumble on the words as they came out.
Quote:
Apparently, the troops in the photo above were not bright enough to understand this, which ironically kind of legitimizes the misinterpretation of the joke. Plus there's really nothing more pathetic than a joke about a stupid person that stupid people don't get.
So you side with the original statement by Kerry? I know a few people in the military and they aren't ignorant at all.
Quote:
Then the media jumped all over it which forced an apology from Kerry's dumb ass.
The media? Not nearly as much as they have when a Republican makes a mistake. There's a slight bias in the media if you haven't noticed.

Quote:
Let's make one thing clear...George Bush has NEVER made sense when he speaks, yet he's never had to apologize for it.
President Bush has NEVER insulted our troops. Sure he may not be the best speaker (like Kerry is?), but at least he hasn't stooped to the level some of these liberals have.

Quote:
Kerry made things convoluded, but at least he eventually made sense.
Made sense? More like he showed his true colors.

Quote:
If ANYONE needs to apologize for ANYTHING it's Bush and he needs to do it roughly 300 times. I figure that's a good rough estimate of how often he's mispoken and/or outright lied to the American public.
Really? When's the last time you heard him insult our troops or anyone else the way Kerry and some of his fellow Dems have?

Quote:
And Chris...really...no one's claiming that The Daily Show is real news. Well...it sort of is, but with a comical perspective. The point is that, while John Stewart does tend to lean more to the left, he gives it pretty good to both sides. Hell...his show even spawned The Colbert Report...Stephen Colbert's character on the show is so far to the right that it satirizes itself. That would be funny if it weren't horribly depressingly true.
Both shows are funny. Like you said, it may not be Fox or CNN but its comical. Take 'em for what they are. I loved it when Lewis Black was on there. He cracks me up.
Old 11-03-2006, 12:41 PM   #24
AzCivic

I was bored:

Last edited by AzCivic : 11-03-2006 at 01:39 PM.
Old 11-03-2006, 12:43 PM   #25
Addict
Zoom-Zoom

Quote:
I was bored:
lol. I guess so.
Old 11-03-2006, 03:50 PM   #26
GT40FIED
Best...mod...ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addict
That's funny. Glad to see their superiors didn't discipline them for it.

Sounds like it came out as he really meant it. He didn't stumble on the words as they came out.

So you side with the original statement by Kerry? I know a few people in the military and they aren't ignorant at all.

The media? Not nearly as much as they have when a Republican makes a mistake. There's a slight bias in the media if you haven't noticed.

President Bush has NEVER insulted our troops. Sure he may not be the best speaker (like Kerry is?), but at least he hasn't stooped to the level some of these liberals have.

Made sense? More like he showed his true colors.

Really? When's the last time you heard him insult our troops or anyone else the way Kerry and some of his fellow Dems have?

Both shows are funny. Like you said, it may not be Fox or CNN but its comical. Take 'em for what they are. I loved it when Lewis Black was on there. He cracks me up.

Kerry didn't stumble over his words because he didn't think the joke through and realize that people wouldn't get it. I don't know if you've noticed, but for certain people it's supposed to be taboo to rip on the president. People like ex-presidents and presidential losers, which is probably why he didn't just come right out and say what he meant. Besides...our troops aren't the ones "stuck in" Iraq. By signing their lives over to the government for X number of years, they kind of volunteered to go.

Yes, I side with his original statement because I get the joke and realize it has nothing to do with the military.

Media bias has little to do with this...it's more like fodder for elections. Republicans have been in the news lately for things like fucking barely legal boys and other not-so-trivial ethics violations, not merely mispoken (and bad) political humor. I'm not saying there's anything wrong with fucking barely legal boys if that's your bag...but if you're gay you might want to rethink being part of a party that would likely by and large outlaw homosexuality if given the chance.

And honestly, Bush does insult the troops. Just because he doesn't do it verbally is meaningless. He does it every time he tells the American people to stay the course when most of us realize that the war in Iraq is already just plain over and all we're doing now is racking up a body count. He does it every time someone gets a stop-loss order and has to stay longer than they're supposed to or go back after their final tour just because Bush doesn't have the forces to go through with his plan (if he had one to begin with). Mission accomplished, my ass. In my mind Bush's manner of insulting the troops intelligence by lying to them and the American people is a hell of a lot worse than anything Kerry could do.

Old 11-04-2006, 06:23 AM   #27
ChrisCantSkate
Thought Police

Quote:
And Chris...really...no one's claiming that The Daily Show is real news. Well...it sort of is, but with a comical perspective.

agreed.. but that comical perspective is cutting and re-wording video clips, leaving parts of speeches out, taking a spoken quote and saying it in a way that it means something else. dont get me wrong, i watch the show and laugh, but i know that i cant try and see any of it as news, at least beyond knowing the general topic of a story

and one other thing, bush may not have apologized to anyone for his speeches but his are not attacking a single person in our own government then misunderstood taking an accidental even bigger shot at our military. i would be demanding an apology from him(bush) if he did that, but even though he's a little retarted, he thinkgs before opening his mouth, even when jumbled nonsence comes out. there is thought and planning, and people to smack him and say no when something retarted comes up so he dosnt douche it up around washington, kerry on the other hand is a giant douche, we all know it now even more, and i'll bet this isnt the last time he does something like this.

Old 11-04-2006, 07:44 AM   #28
Violent Apathy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addict

I'd rather be insulted verbally by Kerry than by what Bush has done. First presenting a bunch of bullshit reasons to invade a country then when it became obvious that all the reasons were bullshit it suddenly changed to providing the Iraqi people with the freedom they want. Fuck these people, they don't deserve and they don't even want it. I've never met an Iraqi that was happy to have us here, most I've talked to were happier under Saddam. Sure I've met plenty that have acted happy, but it was obviously not genuine. They could do so much to help us leave here if they just told us who the bad guys are, but they refuse to either out of fear or just a desire to see us blow up. Our CO had a visit with about 100 people from our area, they wanted us to stop dropping bombs. We said sure, just tell us where the bad guys are. They said they couldn't do that so we said we'll just keep dropping bombs. The only people that tell us anything are ones we pay. Fuck this country. Sorry I kinda got off the whole Bush and Kerry thing there I guess......

"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die." - Hunter S. Thompson, 1937-2005
Violent Apathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2006, 10:24 AM   #29
GT40FIED
Best...mod...ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisCantSkate
agreed.. but that comical perspective is cutting and re-wording video clips, leaving parts of speeches out, taking a spoken quote and saying it in a way that it means something else. dont get me wrong, i watch the show and laugh, but i know that i cant try and see any of it as news, at least beyond knowing the general topic of a story

and one other thing, bush may not have apologized to anyone for his speeches but his are not attacking a single person in our own government then misunderstood taking an accidental even bigger shot at our military. i would be demanding an apology from him(bush) if he did that, but even though he's a little retarted, he thinkgs before opening his mouth, even when jumbled nonsence comes out. there is thought and planning, and people to smack him and say no when something retarted comes up so he dosnt douche it up around washington, kerry on the other hand is a giant douche, we all know it now even more, and i'll bet this isnt the last time he does something like this.

What? You can't be serious Chris. Bush thinks before opening his mouth? Seriously? The guy can't even pronounce the word "nuclear" properly. He's said we should "put food on our children". He said gynecologists should "practise their love" on patients. Suddenly he's the all knowling wordsmith? Bullshit. Even when his speeches are written for him he manages to fuck them up. The people that you think smack him and say no are the people who write his bullshit rhetoric (like Karl Rove) and basically have their hand up his ass like a puppet on Sesame Street. And let's set one thing perfectly clear...KERRY DID NOT INSULT THE TROOPS, HE INSULTED BUSH. Just because it's election time and the republicans are facing a pretty miserable defeat (according to most polls) DOES NOT mean they get to twist around John Kerry's words into something that they obviously don't mean in a bid to win back a small amount of votes. The fact that the American people and media fell for this line of bullshit is just all that more pathetic. Every talking head douche bag (liberal or conservative) who even mentions this issue on air is doing a great disservice to this country by diverting attention away from issues and onto something no one will remember in a month.

Old 11-04-2006, 02:33 PM   #30
KwikR6
Mind Blowing

That picture rules. I wonder how Kerry's foot tastes.

The epitome of stupidity is expressed so fluidly with the shity lyric theory you try to spit at me.

I CAN'T WAIT FOR SUMMER!!!
KwikR6 is offline   Reply With Quote