::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > Honda / Acura Cars > Civic/Del Sol
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 01-17-2003, 04:37 PM   #1
jwilk95EXCIV

The one thing i have noticed

The only thing that I have notice about hondas is the one thing that "goes up" aka breaks, in civics, accords, and 'tegs is the ignitor. Four of my friends 2 with accords, my brother with a gsr,and one with an SI have all had some kind of problem with their ignitor. I still haven't but, I was wondering two thigns.....one...have any of you experienced the same problem? and two.....does anyone have any knowledge onto why this happens so frequently with honda manufactured cars?
Old 01-17-2003, 04:43 PM   #2
pdiggitydogg
Yahoo Watashi wa kattaze!

ignition?
pdiggitydogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2003, 04:55 PM   #3
jwilk95EXCIV

aka it wont start.
Old 01-17-2003, 04:57 PM   #4
silver

so you mean the starter then?
Top Secret, Ings+1, J's Racing, Varis, Amuse, ASM, GP Sports, Air Walker, Garage Defend, Kakimoto, BuddyClub, Feel's, Fujitsubo, Porterfield, KG/MM, ORC, Spoon, Mugen, and more than 200 others. If it's in a Hyper Rev, it's in our reach.

http://www.bulletproofautomotive.com
silver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2003, 05:11 PM   #5
pdiggitydogg

you mean it has a hard time starting when its cold and when there is only around a 1/2 tank of gas...yes i think its a honda thing
Old 01-17-2003, 07:08 PM   #6
Mirkwo0dForest

yea mine has trouble starting when it cold.... but now that i think about it, maybe it's because ITS COLD. wut a revelation. other than that its cool.

p.s. - kAn anyone tell me the temperature in space?:o
Old 01-17-2003, 07:55 PM   #7
pdiggitydogg

(Mirk - space is above absolute zero becuase of vibrating radiation molecules that fill the void, therefore nothing can reach absolute zero...plus if it were to happen it would create negative mass and therefore great a negatively massed black hole...black holes still have mass too and therefore AZ is impossible...and now you now, and knowing is half the battle....GI JOE!)
Old 01-17-2003, 08:55 PM   #8
Kyle
elyK

it may just be because it's winter...get thinner oil...

EXPLORE THE TRUTH
Kyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2003, 03:36 AM   #9
slowEJ6

my starter took a crap, luckily a friend had one sitting in his garage so i got a free replacement. the starter on my gf's 00 HX is a piece of poo as well, going to need to be replaced soon.
slowEJ6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2003, 08:12 AM   #10
jwilk95EXCIV

no its not in the cold. they went up in the summer.
Old 01-18-2003, 09:06 AM   #11
Mirkwo0dForest

so do u know the exact temperature or is just above Absolute Zero?
Old 01-18-2003, 10:24 AM   #12
pdiggitydogg

its just above absolute zero...its different in all places depending on gravity, planets and stars, not to mention if it is within a galaxy or simply in the void, near a nebula, or in a supernova...all space has different temperatures...you cant say an overall temp
Old 01-18-2003, 11:41 AM   #13
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

yeah the ignitor is a common problem on hondas. it is about $63 for the part.

ebpda9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2003, 08:28 PM   #14
irishdx

Quote:
Originally posted by Mirkwo0dForest
p.s. - kAn anyone tell me the temperature in space?:o

The coldest you will find is about 2.7 degrees Kelvin, due to background microwave radiation which is everywhere.
Old 01-18-2003, 09:24 PM   #15
pdiggitydogg

see? "Just above absolute zero"
Old 01-18-2003, 11:20 PM   #16
AzCivic

My civic will kinda hesitate on start up when I'm getting pretty low on fuel. I take it as a "you better get some damn gas" light.
AzCivic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2003, 09:12 PM   #17
Ty's Si

Quote:
Originally posted by irishdx
The coldest you will find is about 2.7 degrees Kelvin, due to background microwave radiation which is everywhere.

ROFL...wear it!
Old 01-20-2003, 10:18 PM   #18
Quist

ummmm do you guys just go around and make this stuff up??? There are places in space that are at absolute zero, and no these places do not cause black holes or negative mass. Physics 101
Old 01-20-2003, 10:44 PM   #19
pdiggitydogg

chem 165...negative K creates negative mass...

astronomy 215...there is no place in space that is negative or absolute zero because of background radiation that is theoretically from the "big bang"...Black holes (still have mass) are created from stars that fall in on themselves from the fusion of their inner atoms, at which point have fused into Iron ions. The resulting lack of fusion and heat therefore causes the collapse of the outer shells toward the center. This collapse, is in turn, further fed by gravity...similar to hydrogen bonding of water (why it flows the way it does)...Meaning, if there were nothing for the hole to "suck up" the hole would cease to be. However, since holes continue to exist there must be something to "feed them" This something happens to be the radiation molecules that flow throughout the universe and prevent the temperature of Absolute Zero

(Classes taken at Central Michigan University)

Last edited by pdiggitydogg : 01-20-2003 at 11:11 PM.
Old 01-21-2003, 11:25 AM   #20
AzCivic

NO one actually knows all this shit its all just theories.
Old 01-22-2003, 10:29 AM   #21
Mushroom

Gravity's just a theory too, but I don't spit upward.

Yeah, MBR is about 3 Kelvin from a blackbody estimation. Feels like about that in Cleveland right now, too.
Old 01-23-2003, 12:24 PM   #22
blind34_1

If you wanna get into theories...TECHNICALLY you or I can never actually touch any object, because we would have to move our hand through an infinite number of points to reach said object. Hmm...but if your a realist, you just say screw it and touch the thing!

anyway, I think its funny how incredibly sidetracked we are. The post starts out as something talking about how cold wreaks havoc on cars and all of a sudden were talking about physics and space and stuff. cool.

I remember hearing of the three top things that go wrong with hondas: exhaust, paint, ignition

I've experienced(ing) all three!
blind34_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2003, 06:30 PM   #23
nonovurbizniz

stock honda ignitors NOT STARTERS suck because they are internal to the distributer. get an msd external coil and cap and be done with it... and it'll cost you less than the stock ignitor replacement will.

The reason it takes longer for your car to start when it's cold or when your low on gas is 2 fold. the pressure has to be built up by the fuel pump in order to properly fuel the cylinders.
SOLUTION... turn your power fully ON but do not trip the starter. then wait till the all the lights are either on or off and the buzzing/dinging stops. then hit the starter this allows the pump enough time to pressurize the fuel system.. it's worse in the winter because the colder the temp the lower the air pressure in the empty space of the gas tank.

And as far as the temperature in space... that all depends on where your are. if your in any kind of range of the sun it's probobly REALLY FRIGGIN hot. if your not then it's pretty friggin cold.

and blackholes not only have mass they have supermass. the reason light cannot escape from them is they have so much mass in such a small space.
Old 01-23-2003, 08:49 PM   #24
pdiggitydogg

wanna talk theories?? Michi Okaku = Quantum Physisist/Futurist...in 50-100yrs we will go beyond light speed because of the harnessing of fusion, we will be able to create phasers (like star trek), we will transend into hyper space and create our own wormholes for travel, computer chips will be less than 5 atoms across (this is very likely as they are already 10 across and can do basic math)...his books are flat out awesome...read one and blow your mind...the best one is called Hyperspace

oh yeah, almost forgot...Time travel? Dimensional gateways? Nanomachines fixing humans from the inside curing every disease and cancer known to man? ...no problem within 75yrs
Old 01-24-2003, 10:08 PM   #25
AzCivic

Quote:
Originally posted by Mushroom
Gravity's just a theory too, but I don't spit upward.

Yeah, MBR is about 3 Kelvin from a blackbody estimation. Feels like about that in Cleveland right now, too.

Gravity is a LAW not a theory.
Old 01-24-2003, 10:09 PM   #26
AzCivic

Quote:
Originally posted by blind34_1
If you wanna get into theories...TECHNICALLY you or I can never actually touch any object, because we would have to move our hand through an infinite number of points to reach said object. Hmm...but if your a realist, you just say screw it and touch the thing!

anyway, I think its funny how incredibly sidetracked we are. The post starts out as something talking about how cold wreaks havoc on cars and all of a sudden were talking about physics and space and stuff. cool.

I remember hearing of the three top things that go wrong with hondas: exhaust, paint, ignition

I've experienced(ing) all three!

How is there an infinte # of points?
Old 01-24-2003, 10:44 PM   #27
pdiggitydogg

the theory states that objects that move toward each other can only cover 1/2 the distance and the other needs to cover another half...and 1/2 of the remaining, and 1/2 of that remaining and so on and so on and so on...basically the objects will never truely meet because there is always some distance between them... Its named and given a damn good example in that movie I.Q. (pretty good movie) watch it...it shows it better than what Im telling you
Old 01-25-2003, 01:22 PM   #28
AzCivic

Oh yeah I've heard of that. But since we CAN touch things, the theory isnt true.

Or maybe we're living in a matrix and everything is the figment of our imaginations.
Old 01-25-2003, 02:54 PM   #29
pdiggitydogg

i think the theory only applys to atoms and their subatomic particles...

since the matrix a lot of people have thought of that...kinda stupid but weird at the same time...hmmm... :/
Old 01-25-2003, 09:50 PM   #30
sohc_vtec 2NR

theories apply to any scientifical hypothesis with that has scientific "muscle" to back it up, but the possibilie of the theory being proven wrong still exist...

btw i thought this thread was about ignition and what-not..
Old 01-26-2003, 11:17 AM   #31
pdiggitydogg

yeah its supposed to be...but after we answered it...we moved right on to quantum physics