::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > Honda / Acura Cars > Civic/Del Sol
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 12-30-2002, 12:50 AM   #1
melscivic02

Wondering about Fog lights....

I was wondering how you could mount them in the front like the picture shown....is there like pieces u can pull out or do u have to cut pieces out to mount them?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg mydreamcar.jpg (5.4 KB, 83 views)
Old 12-30-2002, 12:54 AM   #2
oc civic

not to bring up OEM again.. but what do the oem ones look like for your car??
Old 12-30-2002, 01:12 AM   #3
pdiggitydogg
Yahoo Watashi wa kattaze!

the lights should have mounting hardware that you just screw into the bumper, like a little tray or something
pdiggitydogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2002, 01:18 AM   #4
oc civic

i had some autozone specials a while back and YEAH you just screwed em in.. they looked so out of place after a while i just ripped them off one day.. lol
Old 12-30-2002, 01:42 PM   #5
melscivic02

alright well thanks! I was just wondering if there was anything different u would have to do! thanks a lot!
Old 12-30-2002, 03:42 PM   #6
armyguy5
3rd Gear

the OE ones sit on the bottom lip of the front bumper.....theres like a plastic grill and theres a place picece that u gotta cut out....you can get the OE ones for 100 and it'd be a hell of a lot cleaner then having to screw into your brand new bumper.

chris
  • Cold Air Intake, Front Strut Bar, MTX Thunder 6000 10", Gunmetal Altezza Tail Lights, Short Throw Shifter, Factory Side Skirts and Rear lip, JDM front Lip, Thermal R&D stealth exhaust, 16" Rota Slipstreams in Bronze, Alpine CD/MP3/WMA/XM RADIO, Legacy L7M in car video
armyguy5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2002, 04:30 PM   #7
oc civic

Quote:
Originally posted by armyguy5
it'd be a hell of a lot cleaner

WORD
Old 12-30-2002, 04:34 PM   #8
armyguy5
3rd Gear

heres the stock ones for 01-02 civic 100 aint bad at all
Attached Images
File Type: jpg fog-17-01cvc.jpg (19.9 KB, 60 views)
  • Cold Air Intake, Front Strut Bar, MTX Thunder 6000 10", Gunmetal Altezza Tail Lights, Short Throw Shifter, Factory Side Skirts and Rear lip, JDM front Lip, Thermal R&D stealth exhaust, 16" Rota Slipstreams in Bronze, Alpine CD/MP3/WMA/XM RADIO, Legacy L7M in car video
Old 12-30-2002, 05:48 PM   #9
melscivic02

Quote:
heres the stock ones for 01-02 civic 100 aint bad at all

So those go right in the corners right?
Old 12-30-2002, 05:48 PM   #10
pdiggitydogg
Yahoo Watashi wa kattaze!

hey yeah those are pretty nice
pdiggitydogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2002, 05:58 PM   #11
armyguy5
3rd Gear

yea i'll get a pic of them installed and post it

chris
Old 12-30-2002, 07:27 PM   #12
armyguy5
3rd Gear

alright this is what they'll look like when there installed and heres the link to install them
http://www.handaaccessories.com/civic/civ012dfogs.pdf

chris
Attached Images
File Type: jpg civfglts01.jpg (14.6 KB, 49 views)

Last edited by armyguy5 : 12-30-2002 at 07:30 PM.
Old 12-30-2002, 07:32 PM   #13
melscivic02

I like the rectangle ones better though! they look nice but i'm just digging the look of the rectangle ones...........
Old 12-30-2002, 07:49 PM   #14
armyguy5
3rd Gear

yea there pretty cool...i like OE stuff though...gonna get the OE body kit after taxes =)...what else do u have done to your car? oh and i'm trying to IM u on AOL but her not responding =(

chris
Old 12-30-2002, 10:52 PM   #15
melscivic02

I was wondering if there is an extra switch for the fog lights or do they just come on with ur regular headlights?
Old 12-30-2002, 11:24 PM   #16
armyguy5
3rd Gear

it's all on how u wire it. They can be wired to your headlight switch so that when you turn them on your foglights will come on.....most of them come w/ a seperate switch so that you can control when they come on...

chris
Old 12-31-2002, 12:21 AM   #17
melscivic02

yeah but where would the switch go?
Old 12-31-2002, 12:26 AM   #18
armyguy5
3rd Gear

it would go in the control panel where your crusise control on/off switch is..and the controls for you sunroof are theres an empty slot (made for the foglights)

chris
Old 12-31-2002, 04:05 PM   #19
melscivic02

ok i think that all my switches are taken because i have the electric mirrors so i have no idea where i could put them.....
Old 12-31-2002, 04:08 PM   #20
94_AcCoRd_EX
Insomniac Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by melscivic02
ok i think that all my switches are taken because i have the electric mirrors so i have no idea where i could put them.....

You don't have any empty space in the console? Maybe around the flashers? Pretty much anywhere will work.

--Need hosting for your pics on HST? PM me...--
94_AcCoRd_EX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2002, 04:11 PM   #21
armyguy5
3rd Gear

yea i know u have the same setup as me....let me check my car hold on.........ok well i was wrong...if u dont have the factory ashtray installed u should be able to put the switch to the left of the 12v outlet....theres two switch spots

chris
Old 12-31-2002, 04:18 PM   #22
armyguy5
3rd Gear

ok just look at Honda's install guide and that's where the switch is supposed to go....to the left of the accessory jack....weird place for it but that's where they want it...hope that helps if not i'll post the web site for the install and it shows pictures

chris
Old 12-31-2002, 06:47 PM   #23
drumboy69

Hi Melanie,

I noticed you guys were talking about fog lights. The pic you like has what appears to be driving lights. Factory fog lights from honda suck. They look all right but they don't do anything. I put driving Hella driving lights on my '99 Civic coupe exactly the same way as on this pic you have. I had to cut a part of a lower grill to fit them and used self tapping stainless screws (from hardware store) to bolt them in to the bottom of the still bumper. It was definetely worth it. I made a mistake of attaching them to the plastic part of the bumper and they kept on vibrating. Check out http: //hellausa.com// or http://piaa.com/ for some fog lights or driving lights. Anyway, mine work amazingly well after adjusting them down as not to blind the oncoming traffic. They cost me $59.99 from Advance Auto store and they beat half of the crap out there on shelves. They are German made and well worth the money.

In other words, how often are you gonna use fog lights, anyway?

I did the install myself (my first) after reading the supplied instructions and connected them to parking lights. That way I can drive with them on, but don't need to turn on the headlights to use them. Plus, I don't have to worry about leaving them on because they turn off along with parking lights automatically.

Here is what I have:

http://www.hellausa.com/maineng/lev1...v3bbc/ff75.htm

drumboy69
Old 12-31-2002, 06:53 PM   #24
SofaKingSmooth

you can make things to mount them if you want but just get a few people to help you and see what they think if i could see the under side wehre you want to mount them i culd help but i dont think that you live any place close to me,... i am in mississippi
Old 01-03-2003, 12:04 AM   #25
melscivic02

Quote:
Originally posted by drumboy69
Hi Melanie,

I noticed you guys were talking about fog lights. The pic you like has what appears to be driving lights. Factory fog lights from honda suck. They look all right but they don't do anything. I put driving Hella driving lights on my '99 Civic coupe exactly the same way as on this pic you have. I had to cut a part of a lower grill to fit them and used self tapping stainless screws (from hardware store) to bolt them in to the bottom of the still bumper. It was definetely worth it. I made a mistake of attaching them to the plastic part of the bumper and they kept on vibrating. Check out http: //hellausa.com// or http://piaa.com/ for some fog lights or driving lights. Anyway, mine work amazingly well after adjusting them down as not to blind the oncoming traffic. They cost me $59.99 from Advance Auto store and they beat half of the crap out there on shelves. They are German made and well worth the money.

In other words, how often are you gonna use fog lights, anyway?

I did the install myself (my first) after reading the supplied instructions and connected them to parking lights. That way I can drive with them on, but don't need to turn on the headlights to use them. Plus, I don't have to worry about leaving them on because they turn off along with parking lights automatically.

Here is what I have:

http://www.hellausa.com/maineng/lev1...v3bbc/ff75.htm

drumboy69

Thanks dude I totally dig those lights and thanks for all the info! I don't need them for fog just the look!
Old 01-03-2003, 12:04 AM   #26
melscivic02

Quote:
Originally posted by SofaKingSmooth
you can make things to mount them if you want but just get a few people to help you and see what they think if i could see the under side wehre you want to mount them i culd help but i dont think that you live any place close to me,... i am in mississippi

Hey thanks but my daddy does everything on my car!! LOL
Old 01-03-2003, 12:06 AM   #27
melscivic02

Quote:
ok just look at Honda's install guide and that's where the switch is supposed to go....to the left of the accessory jack....weird place for it but that's where they want it...hope that helps if not i'll post the web site for the install and it shows pictures

chris

Ok that makes sense I'll have to check out my car!
Old 01-05-2003, 11:59 PM   #28
melscivic02

ok i got the lights!! Just don't know how to mount them?? anyone know how? my cars a 2002 so i don't know if that makes a difference!
Old 01-06-2003, 08:23 AM   #29
drumboy69

hi melanie,

did you get hella type then? i can help you with install tips...

drumboy69
Old 01-06-2003, 02:29 PM   #30
melscivic02

no i didn't! i'm sorry!