::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > Tech Talk > High Performance > Turbo
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 09-27-2001, 12:45 PM   #1
MrCLoWnY

StandALONe??

Im gonna be buying a standalone pretty soon and i wanted to know what your opinions were on this. I am leaning towards Hondata or DFI but i have heard good things about the APEX and i kind of like that display that comes with it. But im pretty sure on the long run these units work alike as long as it is tuned properly on the dyno. HOndata seems to be the easiest and cheapest out of the bunch but i have heard from a guy who claims to drive a 10 second car that he had it and it sucked. So i want to know what you peoples have to say. Thanks. Peace.
Old 09-27-2001, 01:22 PM   #2
Big James

I have heard nothing but praises for the Hondata system. Everyone that I have talked to who runs it raves about it. If it is as good as they say, and what the website says, it is an excellent system.

I have looked into the APEX unit, but no one that I know has it as of yet. From what I understand, the full capablilty of it will not be seen in the states for a while. Apparently no one has all of the software to squeeze all of the perfromance out of it yet.

Another I would consider looking into is Hal-Tech. While a PITA to install and tune, I have heard from many who use it that it is by FAR the ultimate in performance.
Old 09-27-2001, 03:49 PM   #3
TurboEF

Street car with mild boost and tuning capabilities = Hondata

Full tune with high boost = Speedpro or Haltech or DFI. All three have horrible customer support, kinda pain to install, work like a motha.
Old 09-27-2001, 04:30 PM   #4
Boosted3g

You are so true about the Power FC. I was one if the first guys to get in because they promised all this great stuff and then I find out that it is not all out at the original release date. Still you have to go to one of the 3 shops nation wide that has the shit to access all the capabilities. I am still happy with it and for the price im satisfied. Have fun finding the 3 bar map sensor because you cant get them anywhere, I tried. They are still waiting for them to be imported...for 6 months.
Old 09-27-2001, 05:54 PM   #5
GS-Racer01

I too have heard nothing but good things about Hondata...
Old 09-28-2001, 01:47 AM   #6
eastcoastdelsol

the only thing that even comes close to the hondata is the motec-- and that's $4000.

the stage 4 with boost hondata is jsut absoloutely sick

check some screne shots of the data-logging software and what not here: http://www.muller.net/sonny/hondata/
Old 09-28-2001, 01:08 PM   #7
thermal
Banning Machine

i would go with hondata for now bro. hey, did you fix the head gasket yet?

Project Teg

Visit the Turbo Forum
thermal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2001, 09:06 PM   #8
MrCLoWnY

Quote:
Originally posted by thermalfi'd16
i would go with hondata for now bro. hey, did you fix the head gasket yet?

No not yet.hahahha it still runs pretty hard it just idles all crazy. But yeah Im gonna get the JG block for sure soon. A month at the latest so im hoping that my car will run till then. Then im gonna break it in and get hondata and boost the max out of our Turbo. So i guess we'll see what the td04 is capable of. Im hoping low 13's or maybe even high 12's with good tuning. Im also getting a new clutch. (what do u recommendd?) Then im gonna save up and get the rev hard and boost the shit out of it. . HOpefully by christmas. or atleast by my birthday in march. Then hopefuly my dream of goin 11's or maybe even 10's in my SOHC may become a reality.

Quote:
MrCLoWnY'S sAD sTOrY
I once wanted a Gsr cuz of the motor. I loved that Gsr motor when the V-tec kicked in. But becuz of high insurance my parents got me a CiviC. I was petrified. My ass was owned by the Gsr's. A BONE STOCK LS smoked my ass when i had intake, headers, and full exhaust. That sucked even more. THEN I started hating that MOtor. Then i vowed that one day my lil SOHC will beat a DOHC. Then i made that a reality when i got my turbo. NOw i smoke GSR's. ANd sOOn I Will DemOlish ANy TURBOED, NOS'ED, SUPERCHARGED DOHC that comes in my way. SOHC POWER!. IN GREDDY I TRUSTED. I SOON TO REVHARD' er. heheheheh
Old 09-28-2001, 11:21 PM   #9
TurboEF

Quote:
Originally posted by eastcoastdelsol
[b]the only thing that even comes close to the hondata is the motec-- and that's $4000.

the stage 4 with boost hondata is jsut absoloutely sick

Motec and Hondata.........way different. Hondata is miniscule compared to Motec. Hondata you have to burns chips all the time and the tuning is not on the fly.

Motec, Speedpro, Haltech, DFI.....tune on the fly...wideband O2 sensor...fully range of tuning.

Hondata doesnt even come close to these others. If you just want mild tuning...get hondata...but dont get it if you want alot of power and tuning
Old 09-30-2001, 02:09 AM   #10
2000_Honda_Si

Quote:
Originally posted by MrCLoWnY

Im also getting a new clutch. (what do u recommendd?)

CLUTCH MASTERS! SERIOUSLY!
Old 09-30-2001, 12:49 PM   #11
thermal
Banning Machine

clutchmaster is not bad, but boosted may have a better answer for you tho

Project Teg

Visit the Turbo Forum
thermal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2001, 09:21 AM   #12
Boosted3g

Clutch Masters will be fine. I prefer ACT just because I have never had a problem with them.