::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > Honda / Acura Cars > Civic/Del Sol
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 05-24-2003, 12:24 AM   #1
Civic98

Hyperground (ground wires)

ok ...i duno much about ground wires ...can some one gimme some info about them ....how much hp they give u ?? what else is good about them ? and what brand is the best?
Old 05-24-2003, 12:32 AM   #2
nonovurbizniz

they don't give you hp...

they MAY smooth out the idle/operation of the engine a LITTLE but if they made ANY hp it would be totally un-measurable..

you can also just buy wire and ground anything you want... it's just a wire that goes from any electircal device to the chassis.

as far as brands... again I'd just buy some wire... but if you want a kit w/instructions and all just go with the one you think is prettiest... it's not going to matter brand to brand.

P.S. I have some snake oil for sale if you're interested.
Old 05-24-2003, 01:43 AM   #3
AzCivic

Quote:
Originally posted by nonovurbizniz
they don't give you hp...

they MAY smooth out the idle/operation of the engine a LITTLE but if they made ANY hp it would be totally un-measurable..

you can also just buy wire and ground anything you want... it's just a wire that goes from any electircal device to the chassis.

as far as brands... again I'd just buy some wire... but if you want a kit w/instructions and all just go with the one you think is prettiest... it's not going to matter brand to brand.

P.S. I have some snake oil for sale if you're interested.

Ditto. Theyre a waste.
AzCivic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2003, 06:29 PM   #4
sohc_vtec 2NR

i've read articles with dyno results on several magazines... for instance Turbo july '03....
Old 05-24-2003, 06:37 PM   #5
94_AcCoRd_EX
Insomniac Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by sohc_vtec 2NR
i've read articles with dyno results on several magazines... for instance Turbo july '03....

I was just going to mention that. I read that too.

They dyno'd a 9x 6th gen Prelude and got around .5 hp. They mentioned that in heavily modded applications that the grounding kits yield more power though.

--Need hosting for your pics on HST? PM me...--
94_AcCoRd_EX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2003, 06:56 PM   #6
nonovurbizniz

once again.. I'm sure that it'll smooth out the operation of the engine which will of course yield gains... my point is that it's just wire... you can do it for next to nothing... or nothing if you have any spare wire laying around from a stereo install (use good wire).

You'd probobly get the exact same increases if you just pulled the stock grounds and cleaned them with a scotchbrite pad...

it'll clear up some resistance for the spark to go a little better but that's about it...

not worth buying a kit imo unless you want instructions that bad.. even then I'd just search google.
Old 05-24-2003, 07:05 PM   #7
94_AcCoRd_EX
Insomniac Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by nonovurbizniz
once again.. I'm sure that it'll smooth out the operation of the engine which will of course yield gains... my point is that it's just wire... you can do it for next to nothing... or nothing if you have any spare wire laying around from a stereo install (use good wire).

You'd probobly get the exact same increases if you just pulled the stock grounds and cleaned them with a scotchbrite pad...

it'll clear up some resistance for the spark to go a little better but that's about it...

not worth buying a kit imo unless you want instructions that bad.. even then I'd just search google.

Yeah, I agree. Good wire is good wire, it doesn't have to come with pretty packaging.

--Need hosting for your pics on HST? PM me...--
94_AcCoRd_EX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2003, 07:50 PM   #8
Civic98

yeah , i saw it on the several magazines too....that's y i was curious....
Old 05-24-2003, 10:44 PM   #9
AzCivic

Quote:
Originally posted by sohc_vtec 2NR

of course you probably missed the ad somewhere in the pages of that magazine, the ad that help pays the writers salary.
AzCivic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2003, 10:46 PM   #10
B18HaTcH92

sum ad in a superstreet magazine claimed a gain in HP ) lyk around 5 or 10) also gains in torque i never really knew what they were 4 i mean it cant be that much of a deal w performance if not.... more race cars would have it .....