::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > Honda / Acura Cars > Civic/Del Sol
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 11-02-2002, 02:08 PM   #1
200sxSE-R

sr20de in a civic?

just wondering, have any of you guys thought about putting a nissan sr20de engiene in your civics like jhonny chan on f@f, ???
SR20DE
Old 11-02-2002, 09:49 PM   #2
thermal
Banning Machine

most honda owners would lean more towards another honda engine. for the most part, it's beacause of the availability of mounting kits and ease of installation. to be unique, i would do it if i have the money. i have heard of a civic with a jaguar engine. there was so much modification and mounting improvision involved that the car did not ride easy at all.

BTW: here's a Nissan question for you. i was in the junkyard today and i've started pulling off a turbo from an older 200SX. i do not know what year the car is but it seemed like it's a stock turbo. do u happen to know what size of turbo it is?

Project Teg

Visit the Turbo Forum
thermal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2002, 09:54 PM   #3
4jacks

i agree. i'm not into engine swapping but a nissan engine in a Honda body and tranny sounds like trouble...

Happy Honda'ing
4jacks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2002, 01:38 AM   #4
slowEJ6

an sr20det in a civic has already been done - in thailand. its worthless to do because i dont have unlimited funds and a B/H series swap into my car is 1000x easier and my car is still street legal that way. street legal is OK!
slowEJ6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2002, 09:41 AM   #5
200sxSE-R

im not sure what size it is, but i think its the austrialian verision of the 200, the one in us doesnt have stock turbo, i wish i did though , did it kind of look like a 240sx or somthin?, like i kinda long car?
Old 11-03-2002, 04:21 PM   #6
cashizslick

Re: sr20de in a civic?

Quote:
Originally posted by 200sxSE-R
just wondering, have any of you guys thought about putting a nissan sr20de engiene in your civics like jhonny chan on f@f, ???
SR20DE

LOL, that's a good question, now here's a tough one. Why dont you put a honda engine in your nissan (i dont think anybody has ever done that)
Old 11-03-2002, 04:30 PM   #7
slowEJ6

no, it looked like a honda civic. ok so swap in an SR20DE instead of the SR20DET - even moreso a waste of time.
Old 11-04-2002, 04:31 PM   #8
DSM_Tuner

First of all this swap cant be done. If it could then you are going to waste a lot of money. The SR20 is a rear wheel drive engine. Civics are front wheel drive. You are going to have to change you drive train which will be a pain in the arse. Also the SR20 is Vertical, not Horizontal, youll probably need to extend your engine bay. And last of all, its not worth the trouble. Now there is a front wheel drive SR20 but they are harder to find than the rear wheel drive one. That one might work, but then again, Money, and mounts.
Old 11-04-2002, 04:43 PM   #9
200sxSE-R

you are totally wrong, the only rwd sr20 is in the jdm 240sx(silvia), everything else, 200sx se-r, sentra se-r, nx200,is front wheel drive, and its only vertical in the silva, and the fwd sr20 is more than easy to get a hold of
Old 11-06-2002, 02:34 AM   #10
slowEJ6

hes also wrong about the fact that it cant be done. cuz an SR20DET has already been swapped into a civic, as well as a 3S-GTE.
Old 11-07-2002, 07:01 PM   #11
DSM_Tuner

What I meant was it cant be done by an average person, too much money, besides, who has all that money to put into those sick swaps. I mean, a 3S-GTE, thats crazy. Sure people do have the money, but the majority of them dont.