.:HSTuners::

::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > The Lounge Area > Shifting Gears - Off Topic Discussions > Battle of the Sexes
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 12-06-2004, 09:33 PM   #1
Kool-Aid

Relationships...

Guys...and gals...why do you hate them?
Old 12-06-2004, 10:20 PM   #2
pdiggitydogg
Yahoo Watashi wa kattaze!

lack thereof?
pdiggitydogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2004, 10:40 PM   #3
MissJDM

PAT . Find someone, and give em mad ! You might get a slap or two, but at least its somethin. jay kay. jaykay. you are ultra cool. I thought you were seeing someone?

I love relationships. I love my boyfriend. Ah! I love this feeling!

you say it best when you say nothing at all
MissJDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2004, 11:06 PM   #4
ShEaNy

havent had one for a while...and last time i got played like a mofo...
ShEaNy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2004, 11:54 PM   #5
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

i started to hate relationships. they totally suck, unless you are involved with a car

ebpda9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2004, 06:26 AM   #6
IALuder

after all the bad ones i been threw.

if you cant dazzle them with your brillance, baffle them with your bullshit.
IALuder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2004, 01:58 PM   #7
AkimboStylee

well i just met someone, and she has been the greatest thing ever. too bad i cant spend more money on my car, which is not going to be the fu***** 2000 SI, causwe my insurance company is a bunch of fawking tards and ...... anyway, i just have to say that before i had a relationship, i thought they sucked, but i guess i was wrong. ohh i wont be on here as much as possible anymore, and i will post pics of us later
Old 12-07-2004, 02:55 PM   #8
GT40FIED
Best...mod...ever

Man...the reason I don't like relationships is because there seems to be this rather arbitrary set of rules to be in one. Even when I am involved I feel like I have to do certain things even though I don't feel they further the relationship at all. Of course people who are in relationships will tell you how great they are because to think otherwise would be counterintuitive. I mean...if you're in one and they suck, what the hell are you doing? So then you modify your thinking to the effect that relationships generally suck...but yours is great. Nobody can deny that because you know before you got involved you were cursing relationships and regreting your last one (I don't necessarily regret my last relationship...but I both rue and lament it). Not to say I'm against them whole-heartedly...I just think the way people think about them is total bullshit.
1984 1/2 Mustang GT350 #842, Faster than you...nuff said

Anna Fan Club President/Dictator

Someday, in the event that mankind actually figures out what it is that this world actually revoles around, thousands of people are going to be shocked and perplexed that it was not them. Sometimes this includes me.

"If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever." - George Orwell

Welcome to the new Amerika
GT40FIED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2004, 05:03 PM   #9
mavaaoife

I will admitt i dont hate my past relationships, but i dont nessecarily like them either. I have however learned alot from the past ones ive been in and I have learned alot about myself as well. The current relationship i am in now i hope to be my last. I am completely head over heels for this guy and he is one who diserves so much more then me. It started out as innocent online conversation and we began talking every night online and on the phone. Then on a whim, after my car accident he flew down here to Ga. I have never met anyone I feel im so compatable with and I really am in love with him. Everyone has someone out there for them... finding them is the key...

Http://www.myspace.com/tehren84
mavaaoife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2004, 06:22 PM   #10
pdiggitydogg

Quote:
Originally posted by MissJDM
PAT . Find someone, and give em mad ! You might get a slap or two, but at least its somethin. jay kay. jaykay. you are ultra cool. I thought you were seeing someone?

I think if I went around "kissing everything in sight", people would do more than slap me.

I was attempting to "steal" someones gf, but I lost interest in her a few weeks ago. Probably because, both she and I stopped going to art history...and out of sight, out of mind. I usually dont ever see any girls that really interest me...and when I do theyre probably just big bitches anyway.

Eh, there are times when I wish I had the complex bs that goes along with a relationship. The stupid fights, the needless spending of money for two...whatevers. Then there are those OTHER things that I'll leave out for sake off tact.

But, for the most part, Im fine being on my own. I think Im too different from most people to have a b/g relationship anyway...maybe when Im 35 or so.
Old 12-07-2004, 06:54 PM   #11
Wren57

I was in one great three year relationship (that ended terribly with us not even being friends any more... LONG story and lots of female immaturity), and one one-monther that ended just last week. The first relationship was great, until the breakup phase. The second one I was kind of numb to; didn't like or hate it, didn't really care that it existed... I think I found a new girl now though that is hot, supercool, and has a thing for me, so maybe I will regain some feelings about relationships instead of my current apathy...
Old 12-07-2004, 07:55 PM   #12
Violent Apathy

Yeah I was loving my last relationship, till it ended today for a total bullshit reason, now i'm just angry....

"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die." - Hunter S. Thompson, 1937-2005
Violent Apathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2004, 08:56 PM   #13
MissJDM

Quote:
Originally posted by Violent Apathy
Yeah I was loving my last relationship, till it ended today for a total bullshit reason, now i'm just angry....

Sorry to hear, don't be , I don't know the story, but take what you can..and think positive, you'll find someone better than the last!

Old 12-07-2004, 08:57 PM   #14
MissJDM

Quote:
Originally posted by pdiggitydogg

But, for the most part, Im fine being on my own. I think Im too different from most people to have a b/g relationship anyway...maybe when Im 35 or so.

That's super awesome. I wish there were more independent individuals out there. I have a guy friend who just keeps looking for a relationship, yet is sort of in denial about it..and it's so frustrating.

35 or so? Was that sarcasm or not?

Old 12-07-2004, 09:03 PM   #15
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

Quote:
Originally posted by Violent Apathy

hey you still have your beloved integra. right ?

ebpda9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2004, 09:08 PM   #16
pdiggitydogg

No, serious...35.
By then, I figure everyone else will have slowed down enough and be ready for a normal boring life; surrender to life at home and work, with the occasional time out on the town (ie dinner)

I really think Im an old man trapped in a kids body most of the time.
Its not that I really want to be so independent, I just am because its what Ive gotten used to. Even when I was growing up I didnt have anyone to play with, so now I dont have many friends, no gf, and am completely self-reliant. I wouldnt know what to do w/ a gf anymore...Im content with what I do now; which is mostly nothing.

Eh, I better just stop there before it turns into a self-psychoanalyze thread.
Old 12-07-2004, 09:10 PM   #17
MissJDM

I'll PM ya.

Old 12-07-2004, 09:15 PM   #18
pdiggitydogg

Noooooo

thanks lyna
Old 12-08-2004, 12:16 AM   #19
Violent Apathy

Quote:
Originally posted by hondaman-iac
hey you still have your beloved integra. right ?

And I'm developing a closer relationship with my old friend Corona. But yes driving my Integra works wonder for anger managemant, otherwise i probably woulda beat the shit outta my coworker when he mouthed off to me earlier today...

"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die." - Hunter S. Thompson, 1937-2005
Violent Apathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2004, 04:36 AM   #20
IALuder

yea, the car cant compensate(sp?) for not getting any. its good for just clearing your head and calming down.

beer is good for any occasion.

Old 12-08-2004, 11:23 AM   #21
Kool-Aid

Well, the last relationship I was in...I was dumped for another girl...twice...by the same guy and he didn't really treat me all that great anyway...he was my first relationship so it was hard for me to "catch the red-flag's" and it was hard for me to see why I wanted to leave him when I did. Some times were great...but there were more bad times than good times. I honestly can't see myself with another guy...but I am readily available if there's a guy that comes around. I've been considered a very attractive girl...so there shouldn't, hopefully, be a problem with finding someone else.

Pdig...maybe you should go out and make yourself seen a little more...the mall is flowing with girls...he he he
Old 12-08-2004, 06:25 PM   #22
ShagginJet

Relationships can be great, they just have to come at the right time and be with the right person.

Life is fucked up, and you're going to have crappy relationships. There's nothing you can do about that. Through life however you'll learn from your mistakes and past relationships. You'll become a better person because of it. Then you'll meet that person who's been down the same road. if it's the right time in both of your lives then something may become of it. If not, continue on, not focusing on the past but on the present and what's to come.

Relationships don't suck. The troubles of life do. But the rewards are so much greater. The high points in life will always out weigh the low points. Even if you're at a shitty point now, it get's better. Good people do really make it in the end.

http://63.249.135.19/hdrive/car/index.htm

Last edited by ShagginJet : 12-08-2004 at 06:32 PM.
ShagginJet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2004, 07:37 PM   #23
pdiggitydogg

Quote:
Originally posted by Kool-Aid
Pdig...maybe you should go out and make yourself seen a little more...the mall is flowing with girls...he he he

Yep! The mall is about the only thing to do around here (grass is greener on the other side, I know). The problem, is that theyre all 14 and they all say "Like totally", "teehee", "Ohh my gawd!", and "Like no way!" and "then Im like" "then SHE's like" "like"
God that shit pisses me off.
But like I said, Im fine with the current situation.
Old 12-08-2004, 08:40 PM   #24
MissJDM

I always say, "you like, SO owe me."

\
But like, seriously, you should like, go to the mall and find older chicks. Like, OH! MY! GAWD! That is like, the freakinest best idea..like, evAR!

Old 12-08-2004, 11:16 PM   #25
pdiggitydogg

Im sure you dont say "like" in every sentence, for absolutely no reason, Lyna.
Old 12-09-2004, 07:18 AM   #26
IALuder

if you do. may god have mercy on you.

kool-aid, im glade you got confindence. your defently attractive to me.

Old 12-09-2004, 11:52 AM   #27
Kool-Aid

Quote:
Originally posted by pdiggitydogg
Yep! The mall is about the only thing to do around here (grass is greener on the other side, I know). The problem, is that theyre all 14 and they all say "Like totally", "teehee", "Ohh my gawd!", and "Like no way!" and "then Im like" "then SHE's like" "like"
God that shit pisses me off.
But like I said, Im fine with the current situation.

I still think you should hang out at the mall...maybe see a cutie there...and who knows...you'll maybe lucky enough to find a girl like me during your search!!!
Old 12-09-2004, 07:38 PM   #28
MissJDM

SFKing: Your avatar is the shit! I had two made for my integra and would always get props, or people saying it's racist. I love it.

Old 12-12-2004, 06:37 PM   #29
Kool-Aid

Thanks SFKing...I think I am attractive.
What really sucks about relationships is that you often wonder why theydid what they did but you'll most likely never know...because whatever happened makes no d*#n sense...
Old 12-12-2004, 07:53 PM   #30
Mischief

haha word.. my last relationship the girl broke up with me for not "talking to her" because she wanted to talk on AIM / the phone 24/7 and I have no idea what to talk about all the time.. So she broke up and had already started dating another guy like a few days before that.. So now her new guy cheated on her.. Go karma go!

http://mensalmanac.com
Mischief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2004, 11:52 PM   #31
MissJDM

^ lol. I SO believe in karma

Old 12-13-2004, 07:50 AM   #32
IALuder

lol haha. karma is the shit.

lyna, i found it on my comp. i thought to myself "damn that shit it pimp. a little happy rice eating asian guy." so i made it my avatar.

Kool-aid. if your ever up by me, call me. ill take out. but dont go rushing into some other relationship. look around. plenty of fish in the sea.

you also shouldnt worrie about why. youll never know. so you should never care. plus just cuase he didnt like whatever it was. doesnt someone else wont.

Old 12-13-2004, 08:33 AM   #33
mavaaoife

Within a month you should know if you wanna continue dating that person or if you dont. I broke off a past relationship a month and 1/2 into it cause it was just based on lust.. it wouldnt have gone anywhere and the dude was leaving for iraq in a couple of months...
It has taken me ALONG time to get any sort of self confidence.. and I didnt have any for along time. I've heard alot I am a cute girl but I never truely believed it. My current boyfriend has done alot to boost my self confidence and believe me.. thats all you need... love yourself before you can love anyone else babe...

Http://www.myspace.com/tehren84
mavaaoife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2004, 07:41 PM   #34
Kool-Aid

SFKing...where exactly are you located?

I understand what you guys are saying...and I definately agree that people shouldn't rush into another relationship(like my ex)...that's why I am still single...I don't wanna bring about baggage to something new. I wanna make sure that I am ready emotionally again...
Old 12-14-2004, 07:35 AM   #35
IALuder

Pleasant hill iowa. 50327. its right outside of Des Moines. actually the boarders of the cities meet.

Old 12-14-2004, 08:32 AM   #36
Kool-Aid

Iowa? I see...well...it's very hard to not wonder why and it's hard to not care...because it hurts so bad and you wonder what happened because you never expected it to happen.
Old 12-14-2004, 12:59 PM   #37
IALuder

in your relationship you said he left for another chick right? while you were in iraq right? im guessing with you gone and noone to comfort him he moved on. he wanted the attention you couldnt give him being so far away.

a manager at were i work cheated on her husbin who is also a manager where i work. becuase he was gone to "Long". she was also the center of attention. till she quite after this happened.

Old 12-14-2004, 02:00 PM   #38
Fatal070

I've been a relationship for almost 2 years, she was my best friend now my g/f, one of the best moves I have ever made was making her my g/f.