::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > The Lounge Area > Kill Stories
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 01-13-2003, 02:40 PM   #1
silver

SER vs. GST and an SI

I guess I'll share some of my stories as well.

I was at the races when a girl with a gst pulled up to me(literally, i was standing next to my car with my friends) and said that she had heard about me and wanted to see what the talk was about. I told her she must have heard wrong and that all I had was intake and exhaust. She said it didn't matter. So we line up and I get and all I can hear is the bov from her eclipse as if it is right in my ear, she just kept whistling at me. The guy raised his hands and dropped. I got a good launch as did she but my torque to me off the line, I made a nice shift as did she but I still pulled on her, about half a car, then I went to third and chirped the tires a little too much and lost about a half car, then just pulled hard on her into my shift into fourth(I have a six speed for those of you that don't know, so my fourth is your third), took her by a good car and a half. She had exhaust and an upgraded filter along with a greddy intercooler, but she was only boosting 7psi. I pulled a near perfect run, she would have taken me had we gone again.

After this a guy with a red si wanted to run me, he said he only had intake and exhaust, I knew he was lying if he wanted to run with only that. Needless to say I took him at the line but had a little wheel hop in second. His shifts were perfect, oh did I mention he had a completely built motor? His shifts were accompanied by a loud sound that I cannot even describe, kinda like a middle pitched buzz saw. Let's just say his b16 had a little work. He took me by about 3/4 car. I got hustled, luckily for free. I keep my eyes open for that guy to this day. He was a hell of a driver.
Top Secret, Ings+1, J's Racing, Varis, Amuse, ASM, GP Sports, Air Walker, Garage Defend, Kakimoto, BuddyClub, Feel's, Fujitsubo, Porterfield, KG/MM, ORC, Spoon, Mugen, and more than 200 others. If it's in a Hyper Rev, it's in our reach.

http://www.bulletproofautomotive.com
silver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2003, 03:27 PM   #2
a96710

Nice kill on the GST
a96710 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2003, 06:54 AM   #3
Addict
Zoom-Zoom

Nice kill on the GST.

I don't get why people who want to race you don't tell you their mods. Guess they are afraid if they get beat, that it'll look bad.
Old 01-15-2003, 11:16 AM   #4
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

sounds like you had some fun there

ebpda9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2003, 12:10 PM   #5
Matrix

Quote:
Originally posted by Civic_Addict
I don't get why people who want to race you don't tell you their mods.

Because a good hustle can be a very rewarding ($$$) and satisfying accomplishment.

Old 01-15-2003, 12:39 PM   #6
Addict
Zoom-Zoom

Quote:
Originally posted by Matrix
Because a good hustle can be a very rewarding ($$$) and satisfying accomplishment.

Well let me rephrase that. I don't get why they lie about their mods.
Old 01-15-2003, 12:55 PM   #7
silver

all i know is that i was wondering why everyone around him was grinning.

i have heard everything from the guy is guy is running a TD04 turbo @22psi to he has a Dart block b18c w/ crazy work done to it. I don't believe any of that or else he wouldn't have only beaten me by a car. I'm putting about 170hp and 184lbs of torque, let's say a stock b16a2 is doing 125hp and 110lbs of torque, he only needs to mke up 50hp, those mods I mentioned that other people said would be more like 150hp.

I can't wait till I can my new camshafts, i may think about removing my balance shafts as well, then I'll be well over 200hp/215tq to the wheels, all motor baby.
Top Secret, Ings+1, J's Racing, Varis, Amuse, ASM, GP Sports, Air Walker, Garage Defend, Kakimoto, BuddyClub, Feel's, Fujitsubo, Porterfield, KG/MM, ORC, Spoon, Mugen, and more than 200 others. If it's in a Hyper Rev, it's in our reach.

Old 01-15-2003, 01:09 PM   #8
Honda530

hey I though the b16 made 160 hp. It better hehe cause my accord makes 130hp stock. Unles your talking at the wheels.
Old 01-15-2003, 01:17 PM   #9
Addict
Zoom-Zoom

Quote:
Originally posted by Honda530
hey I though the b16 made 160 hp. It better hehe cause my accord makes 130hp stock. Unles your talking at the wheels.

They do.

Stock B16A2 is 160HP, 110 FT/LB torque.
Old 01-15-2003, 01:20 PM   #10
Matrix

Quote:
Stock B16A2 is 160HP, 110 FT/LB torque.

Old 01-15-2003, 01:23 PM   #11
silver

Quote:
Originally posted by silver
I'm putting about 170hp and 184lbs of torque, let's say a stock b16a2 is doing 125hp and 110lbs of torque,

at the wheels, i thought it was implied. My motor is 175hp and 180tq at the crank fyi.

Old 01-15-2003, 01:49 PM   #12
Addict
Zoom-Zoom

Quote:
at the wheels, i thought it was implied. My motor is 175hp and 180tq at the crank fyi.

So you were saying you put about 170 to the wheels? Normally you lose 11% or so through the drivetrain on FWD cars.

Quote:
Originally posted by Matrix

Hey I didn't say I liked it. I jsut have to deal with it. But if you look at it this way, its real easy to drive in winter. Less TQ = Less Wheelspin
Old 01-15-2003, 01:55 PM   #13
silver

Quote:
So you were saying you put about 170 to the wheels? Normally you lose 11% or so through the drivetrain on FWD cars.

actually nissan's lose closer 20%. In stock form I was putting 139 to the wheels. The 170 is with i/h/e and pulleys.

toyota's have the least loss through the drivetrain, you should check out the numbers on the new celicas.

Old 01-15-2003, 02:16 PM   #14
Addict
Zoom-Zoom

Quote:
actually nissan's lose closer 20%. In stock form I was putting 139 to the wheels. The 170 is with i/h/e and pulleys.

toyota's have the least loss through the drivetrain, you should check out the numbers on the new celicas.

Ok.
Old 01-17-2003, 11:56 PM   #15
Kyle
elyK

The Turbo Neons make 8 more HP to the wheels than at the fly...
or so they say in SS

EXPLORE THE TRUTH
Kyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2003, 09:01 PM   #16
ShEaNy

nice kill..... then killed lol
ShEaNy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2003, 12:02 AM   #17
ford50forlife
4th Gear

Quote:

FIRST OFF YOU OUTDROVE THAT TURBO AND I GIVE YOU RESPECT and its not that bad to get hustled by a car that only gets you by 1 car, HELL TRY LOSING 100 BUCKS TO A 11 second 550BHP SUBARU WRX WITH "INTAKE AND EXHAUST"!!!! least your smart enough not to run for money. i do have some questions about the SUPPOSSED PERFORMANCE GAINS on your car though :

1.although ill admit im not very well informed of the nissans aftermarket i can almost guarentee that those 3 mods arnt gonna net you 31fwhp unless you were forced induction (to begin with) and then some...

2. with cam upgrades like you mentioned before your gonna be hardpressed to gain that much TQ at the wheels IF ANY AT FREAKING ALL, because with cams (AND HIGH REVVING MOTORS TO BEGIN WITH) you sacrifice tq for high end hp and if you can get a gain of about 50tq @ THE WHEELS (IM ASSUMING 150fwtq STOCK) WITH CAMS I/H/E and most importantly over 70fwhp from those 4 mods then MUCH MORE PEOPLE woulda bought a nissan, thats just ludicrious

P.S. LIKE I SAID I AM NOT THAT MUCH INFORMED ABOUT THE NISSAN MOTOR, BUT IT CANT BE THAT FREAKING DETUNED IN STOCK FORM and still make 175hp.... not to mention the tq gains from a cam are optomistic by about 40

2640lbs with full tank minus me w/ 302cid
check out the crustang and 88 cherokee @
www.cardomain.com/id/ford50forlife
ford50forlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2003, 12:31 PM   #18
silver

the answers to your questions.

1.although ill admit im not very well informed of the nissans aftermarket i can almost guarentee that those 3 mods arnt gonna net you 31fwhp unless you were forced induction (to begin with) and then some...

the hotshot header is a 12whp, in comparison aebs just released their header and it's 15whp peak gain. The intake is 7.7whp(k&n typhoon). Unorthodox lightweight pulleys netted a little over 7whp, 2 1/4 piping with high flow cat, desensitized knock sensor, advanced timing of 3degrees. Those last three make up your 5hp gain.

2. with cam upgrades like you mentioned before your gonna be hardpressed to gain that much TQ at the wheels IF ANY AT FREAKING ALL, because with cams (AND HIGH REVVING MOTORS TO BEGIN WITH) you sacrifice tq for high end hp and if you can get a gain of about 50tq @ THE WHEELS (IM ASSUMING 150fwtq STOCK) WITH CAMS I/H/E and most importantly over 70fwhp from those 4 mods then MUCH MORE PEOPLE woulda bought a nissan, thats just ludicrious

the qr25de is not a high revving motor, redline is 6200rpm. In fact there has been failure with the internals for people taking it up to the line consistenlty and hard(my car is actually in the shop right now for a broken head gasket :() I also said not just cams but also the removal of the balance shafts. Balance shaft removal on this motor opens up 10-13hp and 12-15lbs of tq. I am hoping for at least 13hp from the the new camshafts, I don't recollect my tq numbers that I hoped for. Sunbelt racing produced their qr for 250hp and 248lbs of tq. That is with i/h/e pullies, the mentioned camshafts, timing advance, and head work.

P.S. LIKE I SAID I AM NOT THAT MUCH INFORMED ABOUT THE NISSAN MOTOR, BUT IT CANT BE THAT FREAKING DETUNED IN STOCK FORM and still make 175hp.... not to mention the tq gains from a cam are optomistic by about 40

you arguments are valid, yet as you said you are not much informed of the motor. It is a new motor, and is very different from the sr20s and the vg and vq series. It is made to be lightweight and torque heavy, with a really long stroke and high compression. I appreciate your inquiry into the knowledge of my vehicle, as you can see I am very well versed with Nissan motors, just like I am sure you would run circles around me with ford.
have you seen my dancing banana?

Old 01-21-2003, 05:01 PM   #19
ford50forlife
4th Gear

cool bro, best of luck to you...

basically if i see something like that i tend to try to find a way out before completely calling bs, because in a couple other forums i started to call bs on some kid with a 1.8T jetta that said a intake catback and chip he beat a lt1 with a ton of boltons.... then i found out what a chip actually does to those cars... OMFG i want one freaking intake exhaust and chip is good for 13's on that car

go spank some 5.slows i really hate cocky mustang owners (sometimes i am one though), but i have to admit after being in www.camaroz28.com and being in there forums LS1 HICKS TAKE THE CAKE...

CBR 600 vs. DAMN NEAR STOCK ls1 FROM A ROLL!!! read here for a laugh

Old 01-21-2003, 06:00 PM   #20
silver

thanks, I know exactly what you mean.

as for the ls1, my friend has a 98SS and it is ridiculous. I remember we followed a lotus onto the freeway and he went after him, needless to say my poor little 6speed could not even dream of keeping up. Unfortuneatly his SS is an automatic, so he just ran outta gears while the lotus just kept going. I was at 130 and they were running away from me. He shut down at 150 and the lotus was running away from him.

and yeah, the 1.8t motor from vw is crazy, i get whooped on by gti's all the time. at least i didn't claim I had an nsx motor or something like that

Old 01-23-2003, 08:54 PM   #21
1QUIKGST

Not hating, but I doubt you beat a GST. If you did it didn't go the way you said, DSM's have a factory boost of around 10-11 psi, you would have to have an aftermarket boost controller to turn it down to 7psi and if she had a front mount there is no way she was running 7psi, safe boost from the factory with no mods on 93 octane is around 15-16psi. 3rd gear in a DSM is the Best gear, a GST will topout at around 110 in 3rd. You may or may not have beat a GST, I would say probably not, or she couldn't drive or it had one of those fake IC and BOV sound makers...

I hate to sound like a troll, but please, I find that story way hard to swallow.
Old 01-23-2003, 10:38 PM   #22
ford50forlife
4th Gear

Quote:
Originally posted by 1QUIKGST
Not hating, but I doubt you beat a GST. If you did it didn't go the way you said, DSM's have a factory boost of around 10-11 psi, you would have to have an aftermarket boost controller to turn it down to 7psi and if she had a front mount there is no way she was running 7psi, safe boost from the factory with no mods on 93 octane is around 15-16psi. 3rd gear in a DSM is the Best gear, a GST will topout at around 110 in 3rd. You may or may not have beat a GST, I would say probably not, or she couldn't drive or it had one of those fake IC and BOV sound makers...

I hate to sound like a troll, but please, I find that story way hard to swallow.

i smell a lock in the near future

Old 01-23-2003, 10:51 PM   #23
1QUIKGST

Why, I was not, flaming him, just stating facts, I've raced many an SER and none could hang with my GST and that was running mild boost, 12-16psi on crappy 91 octane. I just find it hard to believe he beat a GST in an SER, unless there were other factors. Like...she couldn't drive, car was running poor, ext.

Let me put it another way....I raced a modded SI with full exhaust,Headers, cams and cold air, from a roll 35 in 3rd gear, I never down shifted, due to a bad syncro in 2nd, he jumped me for about .00000010 seconds then my boost kicked in and I was gone, I walked him...bad...I let of at 105 but he was way behind.

I find it odd that with a Front mount( not the first mod someone does, they kind of cost alot) that he beat this car, I think there are some other factors in this "win".

Not hating so please don't lock,ban or kill me. I just disagree with his story. No hard feelings
Old 01-24-2003, 06:38 AM   #24
Addict
Zoom-Zoom

Quote:
Not hating so please don't lock,ban or kill me. I just disagree with his story. No hard feelings

I see no reason to lock, ban or kill you.:

I don't close threads for arguing a point. I close them for personal attacks, useless posting, etc.
Old 01-24-2003, 12:01 PM   #25
silver

Re: SER vs. GST and an SI

Quote:
[b]I pulled a near perfect run, she would have taken me had we gone again.[b]

she did have a turbo and claimed 7psi, nothing was fake, i have met her since the race. I have taken out every stock gst and gsx, maybe they were all bad drivers, I guess we'll never know.

Old 01-24-2003, 09:47 PM   #26
AJ1978TA

Yeah good kill, but I also wondered about 7 psi. Why turn it down below stock. Maybe she was also trying to hustle you!
Old 01-24-2003, 09:54 PM   #27
1QUIKGST

Re: Re: SER vs. GST and an SI

Quote:
she did have a turbo and claimed 7psi, nothing was fake, i have met her since the race. I have taken out every stock gst and gsx, maybe they were all bad drivers, I guess we'll never know.

Well If your taking out GSX's I don't believe you. Sorry but no way your beating an AWD turbo car with an SER. If she claimed 7psi, she sounds like she doesn't know jack about turbo's or a DSM. I would love to see some video of you smoking AWD's and GST's. Let me know when you get it, I would share this with all my DSM friends. I know SER's that get spanked by IHE SI's...yes the top end is a little more but 1/4 is what we race down here.

Whats your SER running in the 1/4, I would imagine around a mid 15 or slower, unless you have nitrous. Whats done to your SER? The more I think about it the more I find this story harder and harder to believe.
Old 01-27-2003, 09:34 AM   #28
Honda_Killa

good kill. what year was the GS-T? i find it hard to believe that u beat her. don't get me wrong , i'm all for nissans( have a 240x SE) but my girlfriend has a 95 GS-T i can take her off the line but by 3rd shes starting to pass me. was she running on a stock turbo?
Old 02-02-2003, 05:12 AM   #29
Novtec1

Quote:

i gotta agree... 7 psi???? with a front mount ??double and if you beat her ..either 1 she can't drive or two you got the fastest SER in production. no hating but 1quixgst is right....

oh and about beating GSX's i doubt that one too.
Old 02-06-2003, 02:40 AM   #30
2kcougar

My friend is sitting next to me and we were reading some stories and he had something to say... I have a '95 gsx and I have driven a ser. there is no way that you've beat every gst and gsx you've raced. You may have beaten her if she couldn't drive but mine is almost completely stock and I run high 13's to low 14's and I know the ser won't do that. I don't mean to hate but I just don't find it believeable especially with her mods supposedly done to the car and her running only 7 psi.