::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > Tech Talk > High Performance > Turbo
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 03-08-2004, 05:03 PM   #1
dxkdogs

Do I Need A Fmu With A V-afc??

I AM GOING TO RUN DSM INJECTORS WITH A V-AFC2 THAT WILL BE HACKED..DO I NEED A FMU? OR CAN I JUST USE THE V-AFC WITH A BIGGER FUEL PUMP LIKE THE A 255 LPH PUMP AND A OTHER ? THERE ARE TWO VACCUM LINES ON THE TIAL WASTEGATE.WHERE DO THEY GO? I KNOW THAT ONE GOES TO A VACCUM SOURCE BUT WHICH ONE TOP OR BOTTOM???
Old 03-08-2004, 06:57 PM   #2
thermal
Banning Machine

dude......sup with the caps?
1) you do not need an FMU with 450cc injectors. If you do, you will extremely run rich!!!!!!!! Think about it. If you have a D16 or B18 Honda engine, your stock injectors are rated 240cc. You have already increased the injector size by 210cc........ that is almost twice the rating of stock 240cc. On the "hack", the AFC is set on the negative side (lean side) because the 450cc injectors will dump too much fuel already. The best part is, on the negative side, the MAP sensor voltage signal is toned down thus preventing CEL/MIL. I honestly wouldnt combine the three: FMU, 255 LPH, and VAFC especially on low boost application. If you are going to boost high, disregard the FMU and the "hack" idea altogether. Also, the three of these combine is really overkill on low boost. I really dont even know where to start....... list more info. Start off with what engine do you have, boost goal, hp goal, mods....... gotta be more specific......

Project Teg

Visit the Turbo Forum
thermal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2004, 08:57 PM   #3
dxkdogs

my mods

i have a b16a2 1999 civic si. these are the mods that i have so far:
msd 6al
ngk spark plug wire
clutch master
boost controller and guauge
and this is a t3/t4 setup
i'm looking to run about 6 to 7 psi..so should i not use the fmu and just use the v-afc with the dsm injectors or just stay with the stock injectors and about the fuel pump what hould i do???i'm new to this import racing..
Old 03-09-2004, 08:31 PM   #4
thermal
Banning Machine

Okay, now I can give you a much more detailed suggestion. I have done almost every basic turbo tuning/management there is. I'm not a big fan of FMU's. I'd rather run the APEXi "hack" and DSM 450cc injectors anytime. Boost dependent FMU will require a map check valve "missing link" to avoid CEL with a MAP code. It does this by venting off pressure reading from the MAP sensor while at boost. In other words, you are purposely letting your set-up leak boost (from the MAP sensor) just to avoid CEL. Also, the transition from vac to boost suks. If you go to my website, you'll see that the honda fuel system is a constant recirculation system. Whatever fuel that is not burnt by the engine goes back to the fuel tank. What the FMU does is regulate the amount of fuel that goes back to the tanks by keeping a positive "flooded" fuel rail. A flooded fuel rail will obviously keep a positive fuel flow to the injectors. Great theory! But, all fuel pumps are positive displacement gear type pump. Postitive displacement pump will put out the volume it's design to do no matter what. If the fuel is not flowing (since the FMU is holding some back), it will or may cause premature damage to the fuel pump. If the fuel pump gives up while you are boosting, then you will blow up your engine.

The AFC hack, DSM 450cc, and resistor box method is great! There is no boost transition. It's like driving a stock turboed car. Again, go to my website and read up my "tech" pages towards the bottom of the homepage. ....and dont forget to sign my guest book

Project Teg

Visit the Turbo Forum
Old 03-10-2004, 05:30 AM   #5
Mirkwo0dForest

OMG thermal, do you have like the Turbo Bible stuck in your head... i'm still trying top process all that information... well actually i'm still trying to wake up and get to school.. that man is God or very close to it.
Old 03-10-2004, 03:48 PM   #6
thermal
Banning Machine

Quote:
Originally posted by Mirkwo0dForest
OMG thermal, do you have like the Turbo Bible stuck in your head... i'm still trying top process all that information... well actually i'm still trying to wake up and get to school.. that man is God or very close to it.

he he.... thanks man. It's really pretty simple. I sat and spent numerous hours of reading online. .....

Project Teg

Visit the Turbo Forum
Old 03-20-2004, 06:27 PM   #7
Sivik

he has no life... just remember that... all cars and thats it.

just kidding thermal... you know your shiznit. glad we someone as intelligent as you defending our country.

My Car

My Car is for sale
Sivik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2004, 09:35 PM   #8
thermal
Banning Machine

Quote:
Originally posted by Sivik
he has no life... just remember that... all cars and thats it.

just kidding thermal... you know your shiznit. glad we someone as intelligent as you defending our country.

dude...where the fuk you been? It's been so long ago since I saw your username pop up..... The turbo forum is starting to pick up again... stick around brotha'

Project Teg

Visit the Turbo Forum
Old 03-21-2004, 08:17 PM   #9
dxkdogs

oh man i had to get a password and everything my password wasn't working..but i'm back with a new thread ..see if you can help me me out here..
thanks
Old 03-22-2004, 09:50 PM   #10
thermal
Banning Machine

i responded to your new thread....did it work?

Project Teg

Visit the Turbo Forum