::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > Honda / Acura Cars > Accord
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 04-22-2002, 01:42 AM   #1
rakugaki

Electric Shock@@@

WTF!? sometimes when I get out of my car and close the door, something amazing happens. I get shocked! can sombody tell me why, i'm a little curious!
Old 04-22-2002, 06:59 AM   #2
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

it's simple. your tires are at fault. whne the car rolls it will charge with electric charge, and when you get out it discharges thru your body.

ebpda9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2002, 03:22 PM   #3
spoogenet

It probably happens a lot when it's dry out. Usually you will build up a charge by having the fabric of your clothes brushing against the fabric of the car, which will tend to build up a charge. About the tires...I dunno, never heard that one before, but I can't discount it either.

There is a trick to avoid getting the shock, though. When you step out of the car, you probably put your foot onto the ground before you touch any of the metal of the car. When you touch the car you will get a shock. If you make contact with the metal of the car before you put your foot down...and maintain that contact until your foot is on the ground, you will not get a shock. Just don't tell your passenger this trick, and hope he/she gets a big shock.

b