::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > Honda / Acura Cars > Accord
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 09-26-2003, 05:17 PM   #1
Phoreum

Tell me everything

Ok, I'm just getting MORE into cars, and I want to know about Accords. I have a '90 Accord LX. I want to know what you all would recommend I do to it first. What I'm thinking of doing is a CD player and possibly a new sound system (because I'm definitely not happy with how it is now), then probably an exhaust (not sure what company I should go for), rims, and then I'm not sure what I want to do. I know at some point I want to go with an h22a swap, but that's in the future, when I can afford it :O
Old 10-26-2003, 02:18 AM   #2
CD5Passion

if you can't live with your current sound system get that replaced, then I suggest you do engine work first of all. I for one respect these vehicles more based on engine work rather than the prettiness of it. maybe this will help, here's what I did as far as modding out the accord

new cd player
new speaker system (not subs or amp, just standard 6x9's and 5 1/3" or whatever)
AEM short ram intake
Exhaust

and when I get the cash I will be getting these
headers
intermediate piping for a custom catback
performance ignition kit (wires, ect.)
spark plugs
ground control coilovers
Neuspeed front and rear/upper strut bar

and that's all I have planned for now, maybe not in that order but still just to give you an idea. of course I'm on a tight budget specially with this $143 ticket I gotta pay in 30 days so.
Old 10-26-2003, 09:35 AM   #3
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

well think about what you want to do with the car. speed, handling, being pretty, sounding good. you can do all of these but it requires more money.

for the engine mods i say get an aem intake, an thermal or dc sports exhaust

suspension: ground control coilovers paired with koni yellows, or tein ss coilovers, energy suspsension bushings, suspensions thechniques sway bars, neuspeed upper strut bars.

sound: i really don't care too much about it. i like to listen to my intake and exhaust sound

ebpda9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2003, 10:32 AM   #4
spoogenet

Is it really worth doing an intake if planning on a swap? Sure the intake costs less and is easier to do now, but it's just money down the drain in the end when the swap takes place.

Or can the intake be used on the H22?

Along the lines of what Stefan was saying, you definitely need to figure out what you want your focus to be.

If you like your tunes, I'd go ahead and do that first. Personally I'd work on the handling before I'd do too much engine work. Just keep in mind you may need more suspension work after a swap, depending on the differences in motor weights and such.

b
Old 10-26-2003, 11:19 AM   #5
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

the weight difference between the f22 and the h22 is not that big. i think they are within 100lbs of eachother if that

ebpda9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2003, 12:25 PM   #6
spoogenet

What's usually considered the weight delta before it's advised to move up to a higher spring rate?

b