::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > The Lounge Area > Shifting Gears - Off Topic Discussions
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 08-28-2004, 02:13 PM   #1
pbateson

Hero

It a great movie. Actually, it is a chinese language with english subtitle and it is very long. I saw some people was left because of headache about chinese language. Also, the great wall was build after the hero buried.

I have been to the great wall of China in spring 1996 when I go on the school trip in Beijing.

Therefore, the real temple was huge in Beijing.

Have you seen the movie?
Old 08-28-2004, 03:59 PM   #2
IALuder

seen it, loved it will see it agian. it just like the forgien version.

if you cant dazzle them with your brillance, baffle them with your bullshit.
IALuder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2004, 01:47 AM   #3
GT40FIED
Best...mod...ever

Excellent movie Paul...even if it was the most expensive movie ever made in China. Well worth it. Yeah...I'd love to go see those temples in person. That'd be wicked cool.
1984 1/2 Mustang GT350 #842, Faster than you...nuff said

Anna Fan Club President/Dictator

Someday, in the event that mankind actually figures out what it is that this world actually revoles around, thousands of people are going to be shocked and perplexed that it was not them. Sometimes this includes me.

"If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever." - George Orwell

Welcome to the new Amerika
GT40FIED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2004, 12:51 AM   #4
SolPol

What movie is this? Not the QT version right?
Old 08-31-2004, 01:25 AM   #5
GT40FIED
Best...mod...ever

Quote:
Originally posted by SolPol
What movie is this? Not the QT version right?

There is no QT version. It's all the same. It just happens that when QT brought it here, he decided to stick his name on it. Fucker. The DVD I have is actually from China...so that makes it better.

Someday, in the event that mankind actually figures out what it is that this world actually revoles around, thousands of people are going to be shocked and perplexed that it was not them. Sometimes this includes me.

"If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever." - George Orwell

Old 08-31-2004, 01:39 AM   #6
a96710

My sister just came back from Oakland China town and found me the Chinese version on DVD too....$12, not bad. I haven't even gotten around to opening it yet. Maybe I'll watch it tomorrow.
a96710 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2004, 05:36 PM   #7
SolPol

Quote:
Originally posted by GT40FIED
There is no QT version. It's all the same. It just happens that when QT brought it here, he decided to stick his name on it. Fucker. The DVD I have is actually from China...so that makes it better.

Seriously? I thought he like directed the shit or something.
Old 08-31-2004, 07:25 PM   #8
GT40FIED
Best...mod...ever

No...he had nothing to do with it other than bring it here. And since he could NEVER make something with such a high level of ass kickery, he stuck his dick in it the only way he could...with a "...presents" credit that comes even before the title of the movie. The actual movie was made in China and has been out there for a few years. QT has NOTHING to do with it...that fuck.

Old 09-01-2004, 02:30 AM   #9
SolPol

Well that's some bullshit man.

I would like you to know however that I have started telling friends. The underground revolution will be brought to Quentin's door.
Old 09-01-2004, 05:56 AM   #10
GT40FIED
Best...mod...ever

Unfortunately this will never happen since most of the people who consider themselves "underground" in the film industry will pratically trip over themselves fellating Quentin Tarantino about what a good job he's done. In reality, Kill Bill 1 & 2 were insanely overdone pieces of shit and every movie of his with the possible exceptions of Reservoir Dogs and Pulp Fiction have been monumental piles of shit. So what's left to do? Have your parent company, Mirimax, give you your own sub-company, import a bunch of films that were actually good, then slap your name on them even though you have nothing to do with them. Way to go...you've just lowered the bar.

Old 09-01-2004, 05:59 AM   #11
thermal
Banning Machine

I thought the movie was awesome! I went to see it with a few people and half of them didnt like it.

You guys should also check out these series on bitorrent called:
-State of Divinity
-Condor Hero
-Demi-Gods, Semi-Gods

Project Teg

Visit the Turbo Forum
thermal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2004, 01:28 PM   #12
SolPol

Quote:
Originally posted by GT40FIED
Unfortunately this will never happen since most of the people who consider themselves "underground" in the film industry will pratically trip over themselves fellating Quentin Tarantino about what a good job he's done. In reality, Kill Bill 1 & 2 were insanely overdone pieces of shit and every movie of his with the possible exceptions of Reservoir Dogs and Pulp Fiction have been monumental piles of shit. So what's left to do? Have your parent company, Mirimax, give you your own sub-company, import a bunch of films that were actually good, then slap your name on them even though you have nothing to do with them. Way to go...you've just lowered the bar.

My Underground Revolution has nothing to do with the film industry however sir. Course, I'm also talking out of my sphincter. I just told some friends so they will also know of the asshatness.

And, while not directed by QT, he did write True Romance. And that's a great goddam movie. Walken/Hopper 'nuff said.

And of course he wrote Natural Born Killers, but now I'll have to start talking about how I've never seen it all the way through in one sitting.
Old 09-01-2004, 07:36 PM   #13
FlooredAccord
2nd Gear

Movie was da shit. Very artistic in the way it was done.

What are you gonna do? Sick your dogs on me? Or your bees? Or dogs with bees in their mouth so when they bark they shoot bees at me?
-Homer Simpson
FlooredAccord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2004, 11:52 PM   #14
a96710

I just found out something interesting while watching this movie....the Kingdom of Zhao Nameless and all of them are from....Zhao is my last name in Chinese
a96710 is offline   Reply With Quote