::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > Honda / Acura Cars > Civic/Del Sol
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 01-14-2005, 03:59 AM   #1
bent_remy

Cracking Open the lights......

What's good ya'll. Haven't been up in here for a while, anyway I got 1 pc halo's on my 95 with HID's. The problem is the light looks so dim because its behind those thick ass projectors. I wanna open them up and remove the projector lense thats front of the low beam (Everyone knows projectors kill hid's) and reseal them. I know its sounds easy but I tried to open s2000 rear tails b4 in the oven and that sh*t was impossible. If anyone has cracked open the lights THEMSELVES let me know how u did it and what did u use to reseal them. I don't have a heat gun but I can get one if need be. I thank the informative in advance for your input in advanced. BX stand up!
Old 01-14-2005, 07:20 AM   #2
pdiggitydogg
Yahoo Watashi wa kattaze!

w/o the projector lens your beam w/ be scattered (a lot scattered) and you will become a hazard to others.

But, you can bake them to melt the seal-goo a little. Nothing over 250...hell try 200*
pdiggitydogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2005, 10:27 AM   #3
sicones

I'v cracked open the stock headlights before, same as those halos, and yes you NEED a heat gun don't bother without, you need to carefully just start prying at it with screwdrivers while heating it with the gun, you need at least 1 friend helping

and yea without a reflector behind the bulb to aim the light its gonna be a mess, just put back your stock light with the hids
sicones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2005, 11:20 AM   #4
pdiggitydogg

No, thats the issue.
Without something to focus the hid it will be, in a word, choatic. Hid NEEDS a lens.
If you can, I suggest you get an actual hid lens from a donor car, and retrofit. This is the only way that you should do it, btw.
Every time I drive and some oncoming car has hid I want to break their face...if a car has hid w/o a lens I want to smash their car and break their face, arms, legs, and ribs.

...God I hate hid. I can't wait until the phase-out takes effect.
Old 01-14-2005, 11:25 AM   #5
sicones

I dont think hids are phasing out, more and more new cars come with them but at least those new cars are properly aligned
sicones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2005, 01:55 PM   #6
pdiggitydogg

last I heard (which was awhile ago) makers had to come up with something new, because hid was too bright and caused accidents, by blinding other drivers.
(Especially those god damn suv's that have the headlights over 3.5' off the road)

edit**
I wanted to add an image that I found
http://www.plexus-designs.com/images/pic2.jpg
Both car's are HID equipped.
The car on the left is oem hid, w/ proper shielding and a lens
The car on the right, is a fuck-tard that has nothing but a bulb.

Want more?
http://www.honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=1104891
Good hid and Bad hid..........fuck hid
Old 01-15-2005, 01:11 AM   #7
bent_remy

Quote:
Originally posted by pdiggitydogg
No, thats the issue.
Without something to focus the hid it will be, in a word, choatic. Hid NEEDS a lens.
If you can, I suggest you get an actual hid lens from a donor car, and retrofit. This is the only way that you should do it, btw.
Every time I drive and some oncoming car has hid I want to break their face...if a car has hid w/o a lens I want to smash their car and break their face, arms, legs, and ribs.

...God I hate hid. I can't wait until the phase-out takes effect.

I feel what your saying I hate being blinded by some big ass benz or range but in my case the switch over impossible to avoid. I don't have the stocks anymore and the halos came with those puny h3 low's and h1 highs that give off no light. I make frequent 3 hour trips home from school and on routes I-80 I-380 and I-81 theres only virtually no highway lights. I got the hid's so I could see.
Old 01-15-2005, 09:54 AM   #8
pdiggitydogg

ok, but you should try to at least get some oem hid parts for a retro fit - something small to fit the size you need. I'm going to say s2000 (but they are expensive).