::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > Tech Talk > Step By Step
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 11-24-2002, 08:25 PM   #1
Tekun

Help: Blazing Windscreen Washer Lights

Hi all! I am new to car modifications and I just bought a pair of Blazing Windscreen Washer lights for $15. I own a Honda Civic Lx 2002, 4 doors.

The Windscreen Washer lights beam blue lights at night and it is very cool. I know that I have to remove my old windscreen washers and put up new ones. However, I don't know how to connect the wires. What should I do?

From the instructions, it says the following:

- Remove the original washers
- Choose a properly pad according to the hold of hood
- Install Blazing windscreen washer
- Connect red wire to anod wire of corner light and black wire to ground wire
- Use needle to adjust the spout angle

Can someone help me, please?

Tekun
Old 11-24-2002, 08:34 PM   #2
94_AcCoRd_EX
Insomniac Moderator

You could wire the LEDs into the parking lights if you want to. If you'd like a separate switch, you could wire it with a relay.

--Need hosting for your pics on HST? PM me...--
94_AcCoRd_EX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2002, 08:51 PM   #3
Tekun

Hi,

My problem is that I don't know much about electronics on my car. But, I am willing to learn.

How do I locate the parking wires in my car? Once I found those wires, I am sure that the are connected together and I will need to cut the off so that I could connect my Windscreen Washer wires to those. Is it like connecting home appliances wires?

Sorry for my igorance, but I read my Honda Driver manual and it does not say anywhere. Where can I get more information?

Thanks!
Old 11-24-2002, 09:04 PM   #4
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

i had them wired to my headlight relay, but i don't know where that is at on your civic. on mine it is on the right innerfender

ebpda9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2002, 09:56 PM   #5
jonhenry15

I have mine wired to a switch on my dash. Let me know if you're interested in doing that and I'll help you. That way you can turn them off if cops are around...
Old 11-25-2002, 09:35 AM   #6
Tekun

Hi jonhenry15,

Sure, I would like to know how to do this. It would be cool. But, first thing is to find out where my wires are located. Anyone has a clue? Or, where I can buy a more detailed manufacturer instrunctions manual of my Honda Civic Lx 2002?

thanks!
Old 12-10-2002, 02:37 AM   #7
hondafetish

The easist thing would be to locate the wiring attached to the parking-lamp bulb on the back of your headlight assembly. In a 2002 model, you may need to remove a front wheel and pull back the fender liner. Get a curcuit tester, and attach the lead to a grounding point on the car. Use the tester to find the wire that has power when you turn on your parking lamps. As soon as you find that, use a wire crimp to connect the two. As for the negative wire, I attached it to one of the bolts in the engine bay, as they are normally good grounding points since they run right into the chassis.
Old 12-10-2002, 01:30 PM   #8
blind34_1

one of the easiest ways is to just tap into your cig lighter. this puts a 12v line right close to where you should have a switch. The other ways work too, but if you dont know much, this is probably easyist. if jonhenry hasnt already helped you, PM me and i'll get you set up.
blind34_1 is offline   Reply With Quote