::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > Honda / Acura Cars > Civic/Del Sol
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 01-28-2002, 06:22 PM   #1
cvguy

Tachometer on 98 Civic

I want to install a tach in my car, but I really don't know where to start?

Anyone wanna point me in the right direction?

Jer
Old 01-28-2002, 06:34 PM   #2
slowEJ6

get a 96+ civic HX, EX, Si gauge cluster and swap it in. whoomp there it is.
slowEJ6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2002, 11:36 PM   #3
!_wide_teg

well i fur plannin on gettin a tach then its juss buy a manual book.....look up the wires...i believe the r is 3-4 wires...one connects to teh rpm reading..12v...ground...and light switch..yuppz 4 wires im pretty shure..but if ur interested in a gauge cluster for a 96+ civic then i have one..its from an ex...but yea if u purcahsed a tach used and dont have instructions let me know and ill look up the wire colors that u need to connect them to
Old 01-30-2002, 12:17 AM   #4
KwikR6
Mind Blowing

Quote:
Originally posted by hybrid3do0rcx
get a 96+ civic HX, EX, Si gauge cluster and swap it in. whoomp there it is.
what about for a 93 civic?
plug and play?

The epitome of stupidity is expressed so fluidly with the shity lyric theory you try to spit at me.

I CAN'T WAIT FOR SUMMER!!!
KwikR6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2002, 12:25 AM   #5
!_wide_teg

if u pick up a 92-95 civic ex/si cluster it would eb plug n play...i actually juss installed a 98 teg cluster into my 92 hatch...cluster only no dash juss teg cluster into civic dash.it required a lil modification to make it fit tho...lil gap on both sides ut still looks good tho...if intereted let me know ur email address and ill email ya da wiring list u jus match up wat ya can basically few wires wont be used but looks betta then a civics.....but u would need a teg cluster and the plug ins for the cluster then just cut n connect....if u want pix juss look for my other post inhere it has a website of my car and my current project im workin on...pix are in there
Old 01-30-2002, 11:41 AM   #6
SWIFT

Quote:
Originally posted by dereks civic

what about for a 93 civic?
plug and play?

yes, it's plug n play..it doesnt matter if it's from auto or manual ...this is what i have in my eg and it works great!
Old 01-30-2002, 11:56 AM   #7
nauticapinoy

i wanna get a si or ex cluster,where are some good places to get them for not to much $$$$$$?
Old 01-30-2002, 12:02 PM   #8
SWIFT

ohh..you have a 97 civic..i guess just try ebay. my friend has one for sale but it's for EG (92-95).
Old 01-30-2002, 12:16 PM   #9
!_wide_teg

i have a 97 ex gauge cluster for sale...115 shipped...le tme know...its from a manal not that it matters
Old 02-01-2002, 12:12 AM   #10
nauticapinoy

what do the ex clusters trully look like I don't think I've seen one.is it similar to the si one?whats the top speed?
Old 02-01-2002, 12:18 AM   #11
slowEJ6

Quote:
Originally posted by nauticapinoy
what do the ex clusters trully look like I don't think I've seen one.is it similar to the si one?whats the top speed?
ex clusters look like hx clusters
si clusters look entirely different.

top speed on ex = 130.
Old 02-02-2002, 10:00 PM   #12
skooboy

HOW TO INSTALL AUTOGAGE

for 97 civic hatch.
help on how to install an auto gage tach on my car.
which wires to tap to what etc. thanks
Old 02-03-2002, 12:00 AM   #13
slowEJ6

Quote:
haha come over my house do0d and ill show you the EX gauge cluster. otherwise wait till i can post a pic of it
Old 02-03-2002, 10:43 AM   #14
!_wide_teg

Re: HOW TO INSTALL AUTOGAGE

Quote:
Originally posted by skooboy
for 97 civic hatch.
help on how to install an auto gage tach on my car.
which wires to tap to what etc. thanks

let me try to remember this one...black= ground..any good bare metal screw it there....red=power....12v ignition look in your manual to locate that it should be under the driver side dash....green=tach rpm signal...look in the manual book either run it out into the engine bay or trace the wire back into the ecub another choice is to look at the wires that is connected to your gauge cluster in there should be a solid blue wire that there is also your tach signal wire and just splice it to that...there might even be one in ur fuse box but not sure....white= light...run this one into your fuse box ...connect it t the instrument light ...hope that was what your looking forif you wanted to get teh exact color of every wire to connect to then best of luck elsewhere.... well hope this helps
Old 02-03-2002, 01:19 PM   #15
nauticapinoy

sure bro,or maybe i'll just snoop around some guys ex and be mistaken for tryin to jack his ride. lol,but I think when i get some dough I'll buy a si cluster.
Old 02-03-2002, 01:59 PM   #16
slowEJ6

Quote:
sure bro,or maybe i'll just snoop around some guys ex and be mistaken for tryin to jack his ride. lol,but I think when i get some dough I'll buy a si cluster.
yeh i think the Si cluster looks much better.....then again there is always the ITR/GSR gauge cluster with a little modding.....and actually the integra Si-G cluster will bolt right in.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg itrclusterinek.jpg (14.0 KB, 15 views)
Old 02-04-2002, 02:57 PM   #17
nauticapinoy

thanx for the pic hybrid,I think i'll get a si cluster when i get some money.
Old 02-04-2002, 02:59 PM   #18
nauticapinoy

actually do you guys still meet up at the sports authoritie?that one week i went out there with my boy and there was no peeps at all.I guess i was early,so we went to the sonic.but if you guys still meet up there I'll try to meet up with you guys.