::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > Tech Talk > Electronics/Sound/Security Systems
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 06-07-2002, 12:46 PM   #1
jag609

Amp & Xplod Confusion

I've occasionally heard that Xplod prices are too much brand and not enough quality to go with it. My interest is in a Sony Xplod CDX-MP70 reciever. Does that G-Protection do what it claims it can?

For a changer, I am looking at a CDX-757MX. It will have to go in my trunk. Can it withstand (2) Type-R Alpine 10s at about 250-300watts without skipping? If not, what MP3 changer would be able to?

What would be the ideal setup to push (2) Apline Type-R 10s with 300RMS-1000MAX? Run both with one amp or bridge an amp for each one? Run series or parallel?

Alot of questions, but all pertain to one setup. Thanx in advance.

-JAG609
Old 06-18-2002, 02:49 PM   #2
black95gs-t

what kind of box are you planning? what kind of music do you like? what is in the rest of your system? i personally would not recommend anything sony. as far as a radio mp3 player is concerned, i would say alpine. i am not sure as far as model numbers go, cuz i have been out of the game for a while and i think they releases the new stuff again. but the alpines generally don't skip too much. as far as the amp situation goes, let me know a little more info, like are you planning of having video in your ride too?
J

"Hearts and minds gents.... And if that doesn't work, two in the heart and one in the mind."

"Life sucks.....so drop your pants and let the good times roll!" Mycivicjust8u
black95gs-t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2002, 11:59 AM   #3
jag609

listen to mostly rock, occasional rap, so i planned on having sealed box. what i said IS my system. that is all the money i can afford to spend since i am on my way to college soon (which could be an arguing point for scrapping all of it). i guess something i forgot to take into consideration is that the stereo console on 02-03 civics is wierd and will definitey need and adaptor. so it wont be as tight as it could be.

not that i doubt you, but how does it come to write off everything Sony. Sounds pretty bad.
Old 07-17-2002, 06:26 PM   #4
insomniac_91

not that i doubt you, but how does it come to write off everything Sony. Sounds pretty bad. [/b][/quote]

What brands do you recommend?

Blck95gst
Old 07-18-2002, 09:39 AM   #5
macs92

You can't just come out and say Sony is bad... But it depends on what you're looking for?? If you're buying your stuff at Walmart... just because they sell Sony Xplod, and there cheap, then they suck. But even the Xplod are pretty decent if you spend the higher dollars to get the better stuff. If you're getting the older red ones... I wouldn't. But some of the newer metal/silver one's aren't too bad.

(And all this doesn't mean I own, or want to own these! Just trying to help out.)
Old 07-22-2002, 05:42 PM   #6
insomniac_91

macs92,
I was just refering to what jag609 said about the Sony comment I don't know too much about systems. And asking black95gst what brands does he reccomend not trying to offend anyone.
Old 07-26-2002, 10:36 PM   #7
Azkikr111

well listen from a person with a little insight on sony xplode...

my system is a half breed of sony, i got a sony deck, 6.5"s and 6x9"s....

the older sony speakers (my 6x9) were awsome when i first got them, but they deteriorated to an "ok" speaker after bout 1.5 years, but i dunno bout the new 6x9's they replaced them with, might be a lil better...
the newer sony speakers (my 6.5's) really kick ass, theyre the 3-ways and theyre load as shit....but im afraid they might soon deteriorate too...

but keep in mind i push my shit allot too, so it could just be me :-P

now i have an old sony deck that aint worth the crap outta my butt, BUT im borrowing my friends nice xplode deck (you know, the fold out $400 deck that sony raves about) and ill tell you how that goes....

but i gotta eventually give him that back, and im thinking of going for a nice alpine mp3 player (yeah it ranges from $450-500 but itll be worth it) supposedly it kicks ass and ive heard it too, so many features to play with!!!

i have boston acoustic component speakers in my kick panels right now and i love em, i think im gunna replace my 6x9's and possibly my subs too, but i havent really heard boston subs over mtx.......all in good time....

so my summary of my damn essay....

go for the new sony's if you know your not gunna push your system to the limits, but if you are, i suggest something with a lil more dependability....i.e. alpine, boston, infinity, or even pioneer or polk for that case

good luck, and lemme know what you decide
Old 08-01-2002, 12:12 PM   #8
macs92

insomniac_91,
You didn't offend me!! I can really care less about Sony. I was just agreeing with NOT writing off everything Sony. (Even Jensen has some decent stuff these days.
Old 08-06-2002, 07:56 PM   #9
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

i've been trying sony products @ circuit city and i noticed that if you use sony decks with some other speakers they will sound like crap, but if you use all sony sound really good.

ebpda9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2002, 01:03 PM   #10
black95gs-t

I tend to write off Sony due to the fact that I have sold it. Salesman due in fact know much more about reliability than you may think or let you know. Not only that, but every place that I have worked at except for Circuit City has now completly dropped the Sony line. In addition to that, Sony reps are now given all kinds of incentives to offer the small shops so that they can get their products back into them because apparently, the shops that I worked at that dropped Sony were not the only ones. Personally, when I like a brand, and then they sell out to the profit monster by making cheaper lower quality products and increasing the price, I tend to boycott them. If they do it once they will do it again. Thats why I don't talk much about Precision Power much anymore. That is how I justify writing off all Sony's.
J

"Hearts and minds gents.... And if that doesn't work, two in the heart and one in the mind."

"Life sucks.....so drop your pants and let the good times roll!" Mycivicjust8u
black95gs-t is offline   Reply With Quote