User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 01-01-2003, 06:36 PM   #1
SVT Cobra

ummm 94 civic... worst car i have ever driven

the car kills itself....
my friend mike has one in 5 speed.
let me tell you... that is probably the slowest and worst feeling cars i have ever driven in my life. i had to drive 2 hours from providence back to ct. my 77 impala is faster and i'm dead serious. not tryin to bash you guys.... but when i see people saying "mustangs have no handling, they suck," or whatever other car someone talks down upon... makes me a little irritated. that civic felt so cheap and unsafe. that thing was shakey going 65mph on the highway. my friend goes 100 constantly in it and has crashed 3 cars before it, including a civic hatchback which flipped on the highway. he was serious and said it was fast lol. what do these beasts do in the 1/4? i would not expect lower than 18.XX. .... that thing didnt even have a tachometer in the dash. call me crazy.... but why would you wanna try to make that fast?? maybe an everyday driver/crappy weather car. well this was my OPINION. you dont have to agree.
Old 01-01-2003, 06:44 PM   #2
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

i know dude what you're saying, but i think your friend missed on the maintenance on the car. shaking at 65mph ? unbalanced tires, no tach ? that's a DX. also i bet it didn't even had powersteering, or any power goodies

ebpda9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2003, 06:45 PM   #3
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

and i'm not defending the civics. i don't like them too much either

Old 01-01-2003, 08:40 PM   #4
ShEaNy

ya...has he beaten the hell outa it lately?....still there slow...I think u knew that..
ShEaNy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2003, 10:11 PM   #5
Afroney

dont bash the civic...

I would agree with you that the older Civics did feel a little crappy. (I rode in an ealier model DX, and trust me that car was not comfortable.) I really like my 01 Civic though, its a great car, great fuel milage, and even has a great crash rating. Not too much of a fan of mustangs myself, the way I see them is just plain crude. The drive train for that car is not built to handle all that torque. Oh well at least mustangs dont cost a whole lot. Mustangs have constant mechanic faliures and require a ton of maintence and money. Just my opinion and experience.
Old 01-01-2003, 10:20 PM   #6
94_AcCoRd_EX
Insomniac Moderator

Moving to OT since this has nothing to do with a kill...

--Need hosting for your pics on HST? PM me...--
94_AcCoRd_EX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2003, 10:21 PM   #7
Kyle
elyK

I have a 94 civic dx and i like the ride of it...his car was probably just a beat up POS

EXPLORE THE TRUTH
Kyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2003, 10:46 PM   #8
guywithastang

Re: dont bash the civic...

Quote:
Originally posted by Afroney
I would agree with you that the older Civics did feel a little crappy. (I rode in an ealier model DX, and trust me that car was not comfortable.) I really like my 01 Civic though, its a great car, great fuel milage, and even has a great crash rating. Not too much of a fan of mustangs myself, the way I see them is just plain crude. The drive train for that car is not built to handle all that torque. Oh well at least mustangs dont cost a whole lot. Mustangs have constant mechanic faliures and require a ton of maintence and money. Just my opinion and experience.

I have had my mystang for 3 years and pent a total of $15 to get new wheel studs, dont get pissed just deffending my car in a civil mannor. any way , drop the civic and get the lude, they are super! ( sorry, big fan of the prelude)

You say VTEC, I say V-8
guywithastang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2003, 11:23 PM   #9
firstgeardude

whats the mileage on it?
Old 01-02-2003, 12:23 AM   #10
drdingo21

Re: ummm 94 civic... worst car i have ever driven

Quote:
Originally posted by SVT Cobra
the car kills itself....
my friend mike has one in 5 speed.
let me tell you... that is probably the slowest and worst feeling cars i have ever driven in my life. i had to drive 2 hours from providence back to ct. my 77 impala is faster and i'm dead serious. not tryin to bash you guys.... but when i see people saying "mustangs have no handling, they suck," or whatever other car someone talks down upon... makes me a little irritated. that civic felt so cheap and unsafe. that thing was shakey going 65mph on the highway. my friend goes 100 constantly in it and has crashed 3 cars before it, including a civic hatchback which flipped on the highway. he was serious and said it was fast lol. what do these beasts do in the 1/4? i would not expect lower than 18.XX. .... that thing didnt even have a tachometer in the dash. call me crazy.... but why would you wanna try to make that fast?? maybe an everyday driver/crappy weather car. well this was my OPINION. you dont have to agree.
i agree with the rest, it was probly a DX.... I dunno what the DX runs but my ex runs a 16.8 stock...
drdingo21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2003, 12:35 AM   #11
ChrisCantSkate
Thought Police

Re: Re: dont bash the civic...

Quote:
Originally posted by guywithastang
I have had my mystang for 3 years and pent a total of $15 to get new wheel studs, dont get pissed just deffending my car in a civil mannor. any way , drop the civic and get the lude, they are super! ( sorry, big fan of the prelude)
its cause a prelude was a $26,000 car brand new, they had to make it nice in order to sell for that price. the handling on preludes are nice, and at 130 im so firm on the road it feels like my friends civic(97 in good shape) at about 70

as far as it feeling like a complete POS, its because you drove a better car. i drove my moms car around (2002 lexus es300) for a few days, then drove mine again... my car felt like it was a POFS because i didnt have the great ride comfort, then i drove my friends 92 civic DX and got back in mine and thought i was in a race car. when you are used to a car, and you have to drive something worse than yours, its obviolsy gonna feel horrible. remeber mustangs, expecialy a cobra, are above the 18,000 top of the line civic as far as performance. some imports handle well, the sportyer ones, i think the handling thing was FWD imports(ITR or a prelude) vs. rwd domestic (fox body or camaro) and since the imports in the example out handle the domestics, people think it applys across the board. cars CAN be made to handle better, but that also works both ways.

Many dreams come true, and some have silver linings.
I live for my dreams and a pocket full of gold.
ChrisCantSkate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2003, 12:38 AM   #12
Rob
Stefan's A Sheep Fucker

very well said Chris....*applause*....

Quote:
Originally posted by IALuder
thats why i use a sock.

Quote:
Originally posted by MissJDM
Darin, please confirm that you don't like the cock!

HondaStyle.com Babysitter's Club Member #7
Anna Fan Club Member #1
Rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2003, 12:40 AM   #13
ChrisCantSkate
Thought Police

Quote:
Originally posted by AccordinStyle
very well said Chris....*applause*....
i'll take a bow

Old 01-02-2003, 10:20 AM   #14
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

Quote:
Originally posted by ChrisCantSkate
i'll take a bow
there you go lol

Old 01-02-2003, 10:34 AM   #15
Racing Rice
Project Combat Honda

I dont know.. The 5th gen civics arent bad cars at all.. IMO I think they are the best civics built. Granted they arent fast.. They werent ment to be fast either. Being shakey at 65 doesnt sound right at all. My wifes 95 LX feels fine at 65 or even 80+. It may not be what your use to or the car needs some serious work. As for not safe.. Honda makes very safe cars. My friends wifese LX has been rearended several times and doesnt even show a scratch, while so of the other, bigger cars had damage. Honda makes very safe cars.

Thats my .02 anyway.
Old 01-02-2003, 10:38 AM   #16
SVT Cobra

? then maybe my friend's car is a piece of crap. i'll check the mileage next time i'm in that ferarri.

that no power steering is a killer.

not too fair comparing it to a cobra anyway.
Old 01-02-2003, 02:34 PM   #17
ford50forlife
4th Gear

Re: dont bash the civic...

Quote:
Originally posted by Afroney

alright... you said from your EXPERIENCE... now sir.. what experience have you had with them??? whilst searching for my 2nd one i came across over 6 of them with 200K + on them...

me personally... my motor has lasted 3 owners and NONE OF THEM took care of it, 1st one blew the rear end and threw a 6 cylinder 7.5' rear in (OBVIOUSLY FROM OBEYING THE SPEED LIMIT) and gave to a cop... the cop i bought it from obviously didnt mod it to drive slow in it while being completely impervious to tickets... and then it came to me and 40K of me driving it with it being my first STICK CAR LEARNING TO RACE AND DRIVE suffered slight problems until now when the valves started sticking because it finally was overrevved 1 too many times...
I CRASHED MY BLACK CAR (SAME MOTOR IN MY RED CAR) FROM THAT DREADED 7.5" LOCKING UP ON THE HIGHWAY, AND SINCE MY BLACK CAR WAS DRIVEABLE STILL, I TOOK PRIDE IN UNLOCKING THE REAR, AND dRIVING THAT POS INTO THE GROUND FOR 10K MILES with the trunk constantly open and a gaping hole in the car..... i drove those 10K without changing the oil and damn near no shifts under 4Krpms.....
I BROUGHT THIS CAR TO 7,000 RPMS AT LEAST 10+ TIMES FROM MISSING GEARS AND THE LIKE AND IT IS A BASICALLY STOCK MOTOR.... it has lasted WELL OVER 100,000 HARD CONSISTENTLY ABUSED, oil lacking, maintenence lacking miles and you sir are a fool if you think the 302 motor is anything but good reliability wise
personally i doubt you know anything about the 302... ive seen 300K on stock internals like its nothing (mostly from working in KEY LINCOLN MERCURY)

AND YOU WANT TO KNOW WHY???? maybe because those 225hp is KEPT LOW SO RELIABILITY IS KEPT UP?? do you honestly think 225hp is alot??? no you can get 400hp out of a 302... the 225 it begins with is because they sacrifice performance for reliability..

the drivetrain does suck penis though

2640lbs with full tank minus me w/ 302cid
check out the crustang and 88 cherokee @
www.cardomain.com/id/ford50forlife

Last edited by ford50forlife : 01-02-2003 at 02:42 PM.
ford50forlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2003, 02:37 PM   #18
ford50forlife
4th Gear

oh and as for the handling thing chris.... you are the man
well said...

2640lbs with full tank minus me w/ 302cid
check out the crustang and 88 cherokee @
www.cardomain.com/id/ford50forlife
ford50forlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2003, 12:06 AM   #19
ChrisCantSkate
Thought Police

Quote:
Originally posted by ford50forlife
you are the man

awww geee thanx

Old 01-03-2003, 09:59 AM   #20
Racing Rice
Project Combat Honda

Quote:
Originally posted by SVT Cobra
? then maybe my friend's car is a piece of crap. i'll check the mileage next time i'm in that ferarri.

that no power steering is a killer.

not too fair comparing it to a cobra anyway.

No wonder! If it doesnt have power steering its a lowend model thats pretty much stripped.. Makes less the 100hp though it has the same motor as my wifes LX.

But I can feel a difference in that and my EX which has the motor with a little more power. Plus gearing is different I believe.