Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 03-09-2004, 01:01 AM   #41
AzCivic

Quote:
Originally posted by VR4_Craver
i couldnt resist

OWNT!!!!!

next time resist a little harder so you dont look like a fool.
AzCivic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2004, 01:08 AM   #42
AzCivic

Quote:
Originally posted by GT40FIED
Ummm...actually almost

Congratulations...you found a Mustang with a blower I could probably stick my head through and probably gets trailered everywhere it goes since, from the parts listing, it's a track car. Also, again just from reading the description, the guy has probably dumped twice as much into his car as I have and I don't see a car with a Tremec 5 speed handling that kind of power. So either he's about to blow his transmission or it's not true. As for 500hp Maximas...I don't care how many of them there are running around. They're still fuckin Maximas.

probably this, maybe that.
you hate maxima's
so who gives a crap.
Old 03-09-2004, 03:03 AM   #43
GT40FIED
Best...mod...ever

Quote:
Originally posted by AzCivic
probably this, maybe that.
you hate maxima's
so who gives a crap.

Exactly...you don't give a shit what I think, I don't give a shit what you think. So I guess we're even.
1984 1/2 Mustang GT350 #842, Faster than you...nuff said

Anna Fan Club President/Dictator

Someday, in the event that mankind actually figures out what it is that this world actually revoles around, thousands of people are going to be shocked and perplexed that it was not them. Sometimes this includes me.

"If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever." - George Orwell

Welcome to the new Amerika
GT40FIED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2004, 08:04 AM   #44
MAXed Out
6th Gear

The big fuss is that u doubt and say all cars are crap but i ur right it doesn't matter what u think or what i think about other cars.
1997 Maxima SE 5spd, Stillen Body Kit, Warpspeed Y & B pipes, Magnaflow Muffler, Koni Yellows & Tein S-tech springs, JVC Headunit, Directed 7" in dash screen,Stillen Intake, red/clear tail lights, AE mod, Paceseter STS, EL-Glow Gauges, Clutchmasters FX300 Clutch, rebuilt tranny, 19" Mille Miglia Evo 5's with Pirelli Pzero's(summer), 18" Hp D-10 hyper silver wrapped in Goodyear ultra HPR, SPW front strut bar, Helios 7000k HID, Motostorm UDP, Viper 5000Vx alarm, 2 12" PowerClass 124 subs, Kenwood 1200 Watt amp, DVD Changer
MAXed Out is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2004, 04:31 PM   #45
V8killimports

Quote:
Originally posted by Acura_86
The big fuss is that u doubt and say all cars are crap but i ur right it doesn't matter what u think or what i think about other cars.

Wow I wanna put my .02 in before this is locked.

First off you kept up with a 4.8 mustang? Never seen one and dunno wtf it is. If you mean a GT mustang? No you didnt. 6cyl with GT badges? Maaaaayybe. Probably.

Next, a maxima is a car that is fairly cheap, gets good gas mileage and reliable. That's all. Boring car.. whoopdy fucking do it's a maxima. You wanna get a maxima and make it fast to be different? LOL If I wanted to be different I would transplant my dick to my forehead but that doesn't mean it is smart does it?

As for the 900-1000hp mustang, that car NEVER sees the street. A supercharged tunnelram can will NEVER see the street.. and the amount of $ that guy put into the motor alone is amazing.

Please know a couple thing about cars before you post crap. If you want I can get my sister you help you change your oil.
V8killimports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2004, 04:33 PM   #46
V8killimports

And lets be honest you fing hippocrit.. there are more people here bashing NEONS/KIAS etc than there are people bashing your has been MR2 or your glorified honda that they renamed acura.
Old 03-09-2004, 05:11 PM   #47
MAXed Out
6th Gear

Quote:
Originally posted by V8killimports
Wow I wanna put my .02 in before this is locked.

First off you kept up with a 4.8 mustang? Never seen one and dunno wtf it is. If you mean a GT mustang? No you didnt. 6cyl with GT badges? Maaaaayybe. Probably.

Next, a maxima is a car that is fairly cheap, gets good gas mileage and reliable. That's all. Boring car.. whoopdy fucking do it's a maxima. You wanna get a maxima and make it fast to be different? LOL If I wanted to be different I would transplant my dick to my forehead but that doesn't mean it is smart does it?

As for the 900-1000hp mustang, that car NEVER sees the street. A supercharged tunnelram can will NEVER see the street.. and the amount of $ that guy put into the motor alone is amazing.

Please know a couple thing about cars before you post crap. If you want I can get my sister you help you change your oil.

Get u r shit straight bro! I never said i raced a mustang GT and beat it. I dunno how u came up with that.
1997 Maxima SE 5spd, Stillen Body Kit, Warpspeed Y & B pipes, Magnaflow Muffler, Koni Yellows & Tein S-tech springs, JVC Headunit, Directed 7" in dash screen,Stillen Intake, red/clear tail lights, AE mod, Paceseter STS, EL-Glow Gauges, Clutchmasters FX300 Clutch, rebuilt tranny, 19" Mille Miglia Evo 5's with Pirelli Pzero's(summer), 18" Hp D-10 hyper silver wrapped in Goodyear ultra HPR, SPW front strut bar, Helios 7000k HID, Motostorm UDP, Viper 5000Vx alarm, 2 12" PowerClass 124 subs, Kenwood 1200 Watt amp, DVD Changer
Old 03-09-2004, 05:15 PM   #48
GT40FIED
Best...mod...ever

Quote:
Get u r shit straight bro! I never said i raced a mustang GT and beat it. I dunno how u came up with that.

I think I got confused on that one too. V8...that was that spooledMR2 guy, not Acura_86 talking about the Mustang. Now that I think about it...my guess is that he raced a 3.8L car, not a 4.6L. A kill against a 3.8L V6 car isn't hard to come by and hardly even worth mentioning.

Someday, in the event that mankind actually figures out what it is that this world actually revoles around, thousands of people are going to be shocked and perplexed that it was not them. Sometimes this includes me.

"If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever." - George Orwell

Old 03-09-2004, 05:31 PM   #49
V8killimports

I was talking to MR2 guy when I said that.
Old 03-09-2004, 05:52 PM   #50
Civickid0to60

Alright alright, since i am the median between ricer and dumbestic with my probe i think i am understanding both views here.

Alright, Acura_86, chill. Its cool man, i like the maxima as anyone should because its a car that comes stock slow as fuck, and its turned into a street eating machine. That's what should be appreciated no matter what it looks like. Speaking of looks...

GT40, you know your shit, I <3 you. Ok, but, your car isnt exactly the best looking car on the planet. Which is ok, because you have a good setup...that is why I appreciate your input and your knowledge. But, people just can't go around oblivous to the fact that this is a MAXIMA...with 400 some odd HP. That in my vision is a great accomplishment, whether your opinion is to strike anger or just an opinion its ok, but, damn, honestly....mustangs (most) come stock fast IMO. Some come stock slow but, ya know. Anyway, some come stock fast. Faster then any maxima or other ford, or honda whatever. So, if your car is fast stock and you add stuff to it, you basically have a headstart. But this kid took a slow car, and made it as fast, or rather much much faster then A LOT of cars. So, i dont see what the problem with that is.

Every true enthusist should realize that each persons car is his/her own, and you should appreciate that they are trying to keep the scene alive. In the face of domestic drivers bashing them, the general public bashing them, or the import drivers bashing them whatever. We're all aiming to have a nice car and that's the end of it. Everyone needs to grow up.
Old 03-09-2004, 08:04 PM   #51
AzCivic

Quote:
Originally posted by V8killimports

thats nice, what about 700-800hp mustangs?

no one even cares about how much was spent doing what, so why mention it.
Old 03-09-2004, 08:09 PM   #52
Civickid0to60

well i guess my post was skipped huh?:o
Old 03-09-2004, 08:28 PM   #53
V8killimports

Quote:
Originally posted by AzCivic
thats nice, what about 700-800hp mustangs?

no one even cares about how much was spent doing what, so why mention it.

lol what about 700-800hp mustangs?
Old 03-09-2004, 08:28 PM   #54
GT40FIED
Best...mod...ever

Quote:
Originally posted by Civickid0to60
well i guess my post was skipped huh?:o

The good ones always are. And I take offense to the issue of my car not looking good...I'm still a fan.

And Az...it's all about the parts used to build it. A street friendly intake and a medium sized blower won't make 1000hp. However, a Vortech Mondo XX trim blower and sheetmetal tunnelram intake will...you just won't get shit for power on the street. For that car to see those numbers, torque from idle to about 3000rpm would be almost non-existent. Besides...I'll bet it takes that motor about 50-75hp in parasitic drag just to turn that blower...no way it sees the street. It's easier to get away with stuff in the 600-700hp range. You can still buy a high end street/strip oriented intake that'll give you decent low end without sacrificing power up top. You can run a slightly smaller blower (in Vortech's case, something like a T-trim or an ATI D1 series) allowing for easier turning and more realistic power making potential. Think of a T-66 slapped on a stock B series motor. It just wouldn't do the job unless it was revved insanely high. Same goes for this motor. I'll bet the redline of that thing is around 8000rpm or maybe even north of there. Plus, that blower, being centrifugal, will only make good boost at high rpm. From a stop light in normal driving you'd never even know it was there except for what I imagine to be a whine that sounds like a jet taking off. So yeah...200hp can make all the difference in the world in a case like this.

Old 03-09-2004, 08:49 PM   #55
MAXed Out
6th Gear

Quote:
Originally posted by Civickid0to60
Alright alright, since i am the median between ricer and dumbestic with my probe i think i am understanding both views here.

Alright, Acura_86, chill. Its cool man, i like the maxima as anyone should because its a car that comes stock slow as fuck, and its turned into a street eating machine. That's what should be appreciated no matter what it looks like. Speaking of looks...

Yo man no offense taken about people thinking maximas are ugly looking or anything. But the part where u said it's slow as fuck kinda pisses me off. If u consider a stock probe GT pretty fast and it's faster than many civics or accords or integras or stuff like that then u should think twice. I'm not trying to start an argument but the thing is i went head to head with a 5spd Probe gt on the ramp and we went at it to about 120 and he only took me after i swifted into fourth gear at 5000 rpm. I dunno what the outcome of it would of been but we would probably end up even or maybe ahead of him a lil.
Old 03-09-2004, 09:11 PM   #56
V8killimports

Quote:
Yo man no offense taken about people thinking maximas are ugly looking or anything. But the part where u said it's slow as fuck kinda pisses me off. If u consider a stock probe GT pretty fast and it's faster than many civics or accords or integras or stuff like that then u should think twice. I'm not trying to start an argument but the thing is i went head to head with a 5spd Probe gt on the ramp and we went at it to about 120 and he only took me after i swifted into fourth gear at 5000 rpm. I dunno what the outcome of it would of been but we would probably end up even or maybe ahead of him a lil.

i don't think a probe GT is fast at all.
Old 03-09-2004, 09:15 PM   #57
MAXed Out
6th Gear

Well it depends what u consider fast man? Cause it's alot faster then a lot of hondas/acura/toyota/nissans out there.
Old 03-09-2004, 09:50 PM   #58
V8killimports

Quote:
Well it depends what u consider fast man? Cause it's alot faster then a lot of hondas/acura/toyota/nissans out there.

Fast = less than 13 in the 1/4. 13s are fun.. 14+ is slow
Old 03-09-2004, 09:58 PM   #59
MAXed Out
6th Gear

True but again the car is stock and it's a luxury sedan but for that i think it has some potential. I'm hoping to get it to low 13's with the turbo but i can only hope. What do ur cars run?
Old 03-09-2004, 11:54 PM   #60
AzCivic

Quote:
Originally posted by GT40FIED
The good ones always are. And I take offense to the issue of my car not looking good...I'm still a fan.

And Az...it's all about the parts used to build it. A street friendly intake and a medium sized blower won't make 1000hp. However, a Vortech Mondo XX trim blower and sheetmetal tunnelram intake will...you just won't get shit for power on the street. For that car to see those numbers, torque from idle to about 3000rpm would be almost non-existent. Besides...I'll bet it takes that motor about 50-75hp in parasitic drag just to turn that blower...no way it sees the street. It's easier to get away with stuff in the 600-700hp range. You can still buy a high end street/strip oriented intake that'll give you decent low end without sacrificing power up top. You can run a slightly smaller blower (in Vortech's case, something like a T-trim or an ATI D1 series) allowing for easier turning and more realistic power making potential. Think of a T-66 slapped on a stock B series motor. It just wouldn't do the job unless it was revved insanely high. Same goes for this motor. I'll bet the redline of that thing is around 8000rpm or maybe even north of there. Plus, that blower, being centrifugal, will only make good boost at high rpm. From a stop light in normal driving you'd never even know it was there except for what I imagine to be a whine that sounds like a jet taking off. So yeah...200hp can make all the difference in the world in a case like this.

nitrous?
Old 03-10-2004, 03:13 AM   #61
GT40FIED
Best...mod...ever

That's one idea but when using a power adder at that level using nitrous might as well be like putting C4 in your engine. To reach that power level your engine has to be in a really good state of tune. It might be ok at the track, but most sanctioning bodies outlaw the use of two different power adders. Even then, nitrous is only useable after you hit about 2500-3000rpm...still outside of normal driving range. Besides...who wants to fill a bottle when you can have power always on tap?

Old 03-10-2004, 07:58 AM   #62
MAXed Out
6th Gear

Yeah i think nitrous is ridiculous. I would never put it on my car.
Old 03-10-2004, 03:00 PM   #63
V8killimports

I run fast enough N/A. And whenever I get to the point of slapping on an ATI procharger I plan on running 12psi with a 4core and should be running 9s maybe...assuming I had the tires/tranny/rear to make it hook.
Old 03-10-2004, 03:10 PM   #64
MAXed Out
6th Gear

Damn that's ridiculous. What car u got ?
Old 03-10-2004, 03:22 PM   #65
C's 94 InTeGrA
4th Gear

Probes are fast.. Just depends. My friend has one that has th Jspec block on it and everything as far as internals are done and all the stuff is ran for a trubo right now. But its very quick. I got beat by a probe 5 speed and he had nothing done to it. Also i had a horrible start since they didnt gave me anytime to keep my car at a steady rev
Old 03-10-2004, 05:43 PM   #66
MAXed Out
6th Gear

Yea i think they are pretty quick.
Old 03-10-2004, 06:42 PM   #67
ChrisCantSkate
Thought Police

fast is relative, we know this. if you own a 10 second car 14 sec s slow, but if you own a 15-17 second car then a 14 second car might seem fast. im running mid/low 14's now and i think my car is slow as hell. but its all relative to what your used to.

Many dreams come true, and some have silver linings.
I live for my dreams and a pocket full of gold.
ChrisCantSkate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2004, 06:54 PM   #68
MAXed Out
6th Gear

Yeah ur rite man. What all have u done to the lude anyways?
Old 03-10-2004, 07:05 PM   #69
ChrisCantSkate
Thought Police

i/h/e/clutch/ignition/cam gears/aluminum radiator/fpr/coilovers/shocks/both upper strut bars probobly more but i havnt slept in 2 days and thats all that im remebering oh slotted rotors/strait pipe/short shifter/had a vafc and pullies and cf hood(if you consider that a mod) and a little bit of tuning

non performance stuff: rs lip and a trust shift knob. otherwise 100% stock(well acrua CD player)

Many dreams come true, and some have silver linings.
I live for my dreams and a pocket full of gold.
ChrisCantSkate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2004, 07:32 PM   #70
GT40FIED
Best...mod...ever

Quote:
Originally posted by ChrisCantSkate
fast is relative, we know this. if you own a 10 second car 14 sec s slow, but if you own a 15-17 second car then a 14 second car might seem fast. im running mid/low 14's now and i think my car is slow as hell. but its all relative to what your used to.

A lot of people don't distinguish quick from fast either. See...I think a Probe is quick but not fast. It'll get off line like a son of a bitch but a decently powered car with a worse launch will probably catch up by the end of second/beinning of 3rd. But you're right...I let my mom drive my Mustang to work once (before the turbo...just with the stroker motor. Her car was in the shop). She told me she'd never drive it again because it was too fast (I didn't know there was such a thing).

Old 03-10-2004, 08:08 PM   #71
MAXed Out
6th Gear

Yeah ur rite on what everyone's definition of fast or quick is.