::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > Honda / Acura Cars > Civic/Del Sol
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 03-04-2002, 12:59 AM   #1
DMC_SiR

Which First?

Hey guys, I have a 2000 Civic SiR and just got a shitload of money back in tax returns and my friend owes me 800 bucks and he just paid me so i was just wondering what ur opinion would be about which i should do first...

A) Blitz or agressor style front bumper, New rims (not sure what type, but in white), lowering kit, Carbon Fiber hood, fog lights.

B) AEM Cold Air intake, DC stainless headers, Greddy or Tanabe cat-back exhaust, power pulleys, upgraded ignition system, and NOS system (not sure what brand on the last three things, input would be good here too).

C) A tasty combination of both, but im not putting the front end or lowering it without getting rims first cause i cant stand the way that looks...."cringe"

Thanx for whatever input u guys can give me.
Old 03-04-2002, 01:00 AM   #2
94_AcCoRd_EX
Insomniac Moderator

Well, I'd lower it and then go with B, but since you said you wouldn't lower it on stockers, just go with B.

--Need hosting for your pics on HST? PM me...--
94_AcCoRd_EX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2002, 01:08 AM   #3
SlikVic

Go with B, sounds pretty sick!!!

send some pics before and after you do the mods!!!

thanks
Old 03-04-2002, 01:20 AM   #4
DMC_SiR

yea, getting pics should be no problem, ill just grab my friend's digital cam, thanx for the advice
Old 03-04-2002, 10:30 AM   #5
Racing Rice
Project Combat Honda

GO FAST!!!

Looks are ok.. but if your like me, youll spend all that money. Then you will get tired of it and want to change it later anyway.
Old 03-04-2002, 12:10 PM   #6
KwikR6
Mind Blowing

Hey...believe me...go with speed first...you don't wanna get burnt everytime you try to race someone because you have a huge body kit that doesn't take you anywhere. Go with B, plus a little bit of A. Skip the N2O right now get a carbon fibre hood and lower it with rims. I think a clean looking pretty much stock car looks wayyy better then a car with a huge kit on it. Just my $0.02

How about option D: Lowering kit, Carbon Fiber hood, New rims, AEM CAI, DC stainless headers, Greddy or Tanabe cat-back exhaust, power pulleys, upgraded ignition system.
If I had an SIR that's what I would do.

The epitome of stupidity is expressed so fluidly with the shity lyric theory you try to spit at me.

I CAN'T WAIT FOR SUMMER!!!

Last edited by KwikR6 : 03-04-2002 at 12:15 PM.
KwikR6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2002, 08:26 AM   #7
Honda Type R

Re: Which First?

Quote:
Originally posted by DMC_SiR
Hey guys, I have a 2000 Civic SiR and just got a shitload of money back in tax returns and my friend owes me 800 bucks and he just paid me so i was just wondering what ur opinion would be about which i should do first...

A) Blitz or agressor style front bumper, New rims (not sure what type, but in white), lowering kit, Carbon Fiber hood, fog lights.

B) AEM Cold Air intake, DC stainless headers, Greddy or Tanabe cat-back exhaust, power pulleys, upgraded ignition system, and NOS system (not sure what brand on the last three things, input would be good here too).

C) A tasty combination of both, but im not putting the front end or lowering it without getting rims first cause i cant stand the way that looks...."cringe"

Thanx for whatever input u guys can give me.

I would go wid B as well but lemme help u modify it a lil bit better. AEM CAI GReddy 4-2-1 1pc header, GReddy Evo or HKS hyper, AEM tru power pullys, MSD ignition, 50-65 shot of NOS.

Why did i choose GReddy cuz basically i have heard it on A Si and its sound very nice and u will get heard be4 ur seen. But that is only wen u are on the gas if u get the GReddy Evo. To me the Tanabe RM is jus too loud for my taste and if u live where cops pull over ppl wid loud exhaust i would highly recommend to get the Evo or a HKS hiper. I have heard both on the Si and it sounds pretty nice too

So u got the black still rims on ur SiR and not the 16" alloy Si rims? If u got those i would get some lower springs from Eibach and lower the car 1.8 inches to get it that nice lowered look and a meaner stance as well.
Old 03-05-2002, 03:23 PM   #8
4jacks

I think I'm the only one in the world that's screaming
"A , A , A I want door A BOB!" price is right Bob Barker of course,

Course then I wouldn't get the Hood less it had some really funky hood scoops.

But to each his own, and I guess i'll always be alone

At least get the WHEELS ... whites cool

Happy Honda'ing
4jacks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2002, 03:29 PM   #9
Lovebuzz13

I'd go with B, but don't get the nitrous.

B and wheels would be nice
Old 03-05-2002, 06:32 PM   #10
slowEJ6

well the Blitz front looks horrible w/o stock ss and rear.
id go with go fast parts. DC 4-2-1 1 piece, K&N drop in filter (NOT AEM CAI), and 5Zigen Fireball or Tanabe RM and a short shifter. that combo is where its at imo. why did i choose K&N drop in over AEM CAI? cuz the honda intake is a magnificent unit and a high flow filter would be great, also remove the resonator. whats wrong with a kit on stock SiR wheels? ive seen a 96+ hatch with a kit and usdm Si wheels (your SiR wheels) and it looks clean as hell.
slowEJ6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2002, 06:56 PM   #11
Onyx
1st Gear

I think I would go Rims, lowing kit, AEM CAI, DC headers then save some cash on the exhaust and go with the a custom installed magnaflow. if you don't have one yet get a short shifter. and from the sounds of it you'll have some left over to buy some more.
Onyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2002, 10:00 PM   #12
Honda Type R

Quote:
Originally posted by Onyx
I think I would go Rims, lowing kit, AEM CAI, DC headers then save some cash on the exhaust and go with the a custom installed magnaflow. if you don't have one yet get a short shifter. and from the sounds of it you'll have some left over to buy some more.

Screw Mangaflow ppl as u see the guy whats good qaulity shiet not jus half ass exhaust that only sounds like shiet. Jus go wid what u wanna go wid do what ever makes u feel good inside. Take me for an example well not reelie but still use me for an example i would only go wid for exhaust GReedy, Tanabe( still to loud for my taste but suits others taste), or HKS.... those would be the only things i would even touch
Old 03-06-2002, 12:11 PM   #13
nauticapinoy

Speed then style that's my philosphy.........
Old 03-06-2002, 02:28 PM   #14
dukmahsik

uhh

u have a SIR? are u from canada?
Old 03-06-2002, 07:30 PM   #15
KwikR6
Mind Blowing

Yes i'm from Canada...and no I don't have an SIR...but the question wasn't directed at me...so ha ha.

The epitome of stupidity is expressed so fluidly with the shity lyric theory you try to spit at me.

I CAN'T WAIT FOR SUMMER!!!
KwikR6 is offline   Reply With Quote