Go Back   HSTuners > Honda / Acura Cars > Civic/Del Sol
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 03-06-2002, 05:25 PM   #1
Kyle
elyK

My 4d 94' civic stock

Sup everyone...i've been reading around the forums and i think i'm what you cal a "ricer" or whatever the fuk you say...alright...i need to be set strait...and also...if anyone has some advice on what to do wit my car...I don't really car about looks...i just wanna be able to go faster then the guy next to me...I'll probably have access to about 4.5k(maybe more) by the end of this coming up summer...so any info you got...i'm here to listen...thanks

EXPLORE THE TRUTH
Kyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2002, 05:58 PM   #2
Honda Type R

no a Ricer is wid a tip, decals out the ass wid none of the products on his car and it jus looks gays as fawk looking cuz he dont know jack shiet to what he is doing. Also coming up on ppl revvin when he knoes he does not have jack shiet done to his car... Even tho i jus have a CAI and i always kick in my VTEC doesnt make me a ricer. Its how u appear to ppl by putting shit on ur car that is basically bullshiet

Now after i said that lets move on to ur situatiion. I see ur dont care bout looks and that good cuz jus wid looks alone ppl gonna think u got something under ur hood and u have is intake/header/exhaust. Which prolly only give u like 10-15 total. I would start off looking for a B18C which is a GS-R engine or a B18B a LS engine. But i would do b18b and get a vtec head swap put into the motor for say like a ITR ur GSR head. LS has a strong bottom end for good torque and what ever VTEC head u choose will give u a high rev range. Then what ever u got left i would get some time of exhaust wid mandrel bent piping, K&N drop filter and lower ur car wid skunk2 coilver and get some tokico illuminas 5 way adjs struts. So after i have said that... there is gonna be other ppl who is gonna improvise what i have said to make ur list better i am jus giving u a basic type of set up...
Old 03-06-2002, 06:04 PM   #3
Kyle
elyK

Alright, thanks for all that...but if i get an adjustable lowering kit...how easy is it to lower it or raise it after the shocks are put on?...cuz i'm gonna be driving to school and you know...those damn speed bumps...and how much would one of those engines that you said cost?...thanks man, i really appreciate this...
And one thing i'm definetely gonna do is get those neon lights under my car...i love those

EXPLORE THE TRUTH
Old 03-06-2002, 06:57 PM   #4
AzCivic

I'd say for the engine swap between 3k and 4.5k depending on the engine and who you have do the work. Or save like 1k and do it yourself. I'd say go with the LS engine and turbocharge it! If you did it yourself you'd probably have a real good setup for about 5k. And you'd be one of the quickest imports in your area and be able to take on the occasional v-8. Thats just my opinion cause after you do all that(the big stuff) you can do all the small stuff piece by piece as you get more money. Anyone feel free to correct my #'s. But I'm pretty sure they're close.
AzCivic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2002, 07:33 PM   #5
KwikR6
Mind Blowing

If I actually keep my civic im doing my own swap....get a B18c and do that up....you won't be dissappointed....

The epitome of stupidity is expressed so fluidly with the shity lyric theory you try to spit at me.

I CAN'T WAIT FOR SUMMER!!!
KwikR6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2002, 08:19 PM   #6
Kyle
elyK

ok...what is an LS engine? and how much would that cost...And for the engine swap...i can get one of my brothers friends to do it for me(i hope)...and how much would the b18c cost?and if i did go with the LS turbocharged...how much would the turbo cost?

Thanks

EXPLORE THE TRUTH
Old 03-06-2002, 08:26 PM   #7
AzCivic

I said, for an LS turbocharged like 5k dollars.
An Ls (b18a1 or b18b1) engine is the engine in the Integra Ls which is a DOHC
(dual overhead cam) non-vtec and makes 140hp and has a lower compression ratio which is good for a turbo.
Old 03-06-2002, 09:24 PM   #8
Kyle
elyK

Oh, alright...that clears up a bunch.
so...engines with lower compression ratios are good for turbos?

EXPLORE THE TRUTH
Old 03-06-2002, 09:40 PM   #9
94_AcCoRd_EX
Insomniac Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Mobbo

so...engines with lower compression ratios are good for turbos?

Yeah, and that will allow you to run higher boost.

--Need hosting for your pics on HST? PM me...--
94_AcCoRd_EX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2002, 09:56 PM   #10
Honda Type R

Well one of the crews around my area has a LS turbo'd and it spanked a supra TT on a track... NO JOKE GUYS I EVEN TALKED TO THE GUY AS WELL.... All i knoe his engine is built to the tilt and boosted like a mofo too... So it jus shows u how much a LS can take.... i my self is gonna go wid a LS hence the GSR's are lil harder to find where i live and most ppl keep their engines if the car gets wrecked too
Old 03-07-2002, 01:27 PM   #11
Kyle
elyK

GSR

I was talking to my friend today at school(his dad's a mechanic)
And he said that he can probably get a GSR or about 2k...
I'm pretty sure he can get an LS too....And i was wondering....if i do come about a GSR for 2k...are they good to turbo?

Thanks

EXPLORE THE TRUTH
Old 03-07-2002, 03:27 PM   #12
AzCivic

Sure if you keep the boost below like 10psi.
Old 03-07-2002, 03:30 PM   #13
Kyle
elyK

Hey AzCivic...could you explain this psi thing?...i know it's about pressure and stuff like that(atleast i think), but i'm not totally sure what it's all about...

EXPLORE THE TRUTH
Old 03-07-2002, 06:08 PM   #14
KwikR6
Mind Blowing

You can run a GSR engine with a turbo....DragboostedSi on here has a greddy turbo on his Civic SI.

The epitome of stupidity is expressed so fluidly with the shity lyric theory you try to spit at me.

I CAN'T WAIT FOR SUMMER!!!
KwikR6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2002, 06:19 PM   #15
AzCivic

Its kinda a measurement of the amount of air being forced into the engine. The more air, the more fuel your car adds resulting in more power. But too much and and things start breaking unless you buildup the engine and stuff so its alot stronger than stock.