User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-28-2001, 11:55 AM   #12
Dezoris

Quote:
Originally posted by Big James
The black person thing was meant as a joke. He did post quoted demographics of who the car appeals to, however he added his own little comments and assumptions.

I am not letting emotion get in the way of logic. I am far from it actually.

What I really do not care for is his blatant insults to anyone who drives this car. It is unbecoming of a moderator. If he does not like the car, so be it. I caould care less. However, his tact needs some work.

You bring up his experience and say he is more knowledgable than 90% of the people. Fine, that is your opinion, I hope however that you are not questioning my experience or knowledge, as I have a plethora of both.

I tried his logic. By his logic, his own car is a girlie girl shitbox. That is not my opinion, but his own logic at work. The Civic was never meant to be a performance vehicle. I understand that they made a higher performance model, and the such, however, that is not the true roots of the Civic.

Many point to the suspension as being a drawback to the new Civic. I thought this would be true at first. However, I no longer feel that way. My girlfriend has a 2001 EX, and my roommate has a 99 EX. I honestly feel her car handles better than his. I find that I can make turns faster in her car then I could in his.

Bottom line is this, I can see his problems with the Civic and I can respect them. However, I can not respect someone who questions the manhood of another member simply becuase they like the new Civic. Behavior as such is unacceptable.
When I mention the suspension, it is a known and tested fact that at the limit handling suffers from the new setup, on first test sure it feels sturdy and solid., that is what they wanted, and they have succeeded, in it, but you are proving the point no one cares about double wishbone nor the other performance aspects of the older vehicle, proving that consumers namely the average 30 year old female just wants space, and comfort, and "Oh it feels good" You can get this in the new protege, or focus, and they actually do it better than the new civic.

You can't mod the new Civics suspension like the previous gen, without great difficulty.

You cannot swap out the motor, or beef it up any. (N/A, F/I)
It is just another Compact car, and has deviated from what made the the previous Civic what it was. It no longer stands out. That is the point.

As far as BDCs tactics, I can see it made you respond whether in anger or whatever it made you thing, that is the point.