User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 03-11-2004, 12:53 PM   #1
4Ever

installing Amp & Subwoofer

I personaliy own a 5th Gen Accord YR 1995
I would like to know how to install my Amps, Subwoofers into my car
anyone knows how to connect them to the battery?

any diagram, video or pictures?
thx a lot
Old 03-11-2004, 12:59 PM   #2
Wren57

Where do you live? What type of amp/sub are you running, and what type of headunit?
Old 03-11-2004, 01:04 PM   #3
4Ever

Quote:
Originally posted by highlander
Where do you live? What type of amp/sub are you running, and what type of headunit?

sorry, I'm a newbie of sound system for cars
if i say something that sounds stupid and dumb, please forgive

I live in Toronto, I have a JBL Amp with 1 channel, running a 10 inches subwoofer and I have a JVC KD-SH 909 headunit

headunit installed already since it isn't that diffcult..but just wondering how to install the rest of them to make them work
Old 03-11-2004, 01:41 PM   #4
Wren57

ok, no problems... does your headunit have RCA sub-outs? Please say yes...
Old 03-11-2004, 05:23 PM   #5
4doorspeedman

if ya donr know if its got an rca preamp or sub out go to cruchfield they have all that info on their web site.

hey highlander how do you like those perfect kappas im thinking of buying two 12' or 2 10;s maybe even just one 12 if they sound real nice i cant find a store around my hose that carries um and i would like to know what you thought of yours (by the way with the dual voice coils on those would you need a four channel amp to run 2 of them?)
Old 03-11-2004, 07:18 PM   #6
AkimboStylee

ok
disconect negative battry cable

find place to mount amp, most common plac is in the trunk with the box and subwoofer(s)

run the power cable through the fire wall from the battery, and remove the molding down the passenger side (along the bottom ), hide the wire as much as possible, now fish it through to the trunk

remove all you to get to the back of the head unit, using rca patch cables, connect them, and run them down the opposite side of the power cable, doing the same as before, hiding the cable as much as possible, now with the head unit pulled out, conect a remote wire to either the power antenna wire or if your head unit has a designated amplifier hookup wire, hook it up there, run this with the patch cables

now replace all moldings

for the ground cable you might want to check in your spare tire well for a piece of medal attached to the frame, to be safe using brake cleaner and a razor blade clean the metal. drill a hole(not into the gas tank!) and use a bolt and a nut ant tighten the ground cable to the frame

connect the wires to thier appropriate place on the amp

put fuse in

turn car on, and leave the engine running

turn volume up to 2/3 of max

using you ears, turn the knobs on the back of the amp untill it sounds nice, when you get to that point, turn them down(on the amp) just like a mm, so that way it leaves room for error

voila, and it is done!
Old 03-11-2004, 07:20 PM   #7
AkimboStylee

i hope this is detailed enough!
Old 03-15-2004, 01:07 AM   #8
ShagginJet

Quote:
Originally posted by krwheeler85
ok
disconect negative battry cable

find place to mount amp, most common plac is in the trunk with the box and subwoofer(s)

run the power cable through the fire wall from the battery, and remove the molding down the passenger side (along the bottom ), hide the wire as much as possible, now fish it through to the trunk

remove all you to get to the back of the head unit, using rca patch cables, connect them, and run them down the opposite side of the power cable, doing the same as before, hiding the cable as much as possible, now with the head unit pulled out, conect a remote wire to either the power antenna wire or if your head unit has a designated amplifier hookup wire, hook it up there, run this with the patch cables

now replace all moldings

for the ground cable you might want to check in your spare tire well for a piece of medal attached to the frame, to be safe using brake cleaner and a razor blade clean the metal. drill a hole(not into the gas tank!) and use a bolt and a nut ant tighten the ground cable to the frame

connect the wires to thier appropriate place on the amp

put fuse in

turn car on, and leave the engine running

turn volume up to 2/3 of max

using you ears, turn the knobs on the back of the amp untill it sounds nice, when you get to that point, turn them down(on the amp) just like a mm, so that way it leaves room for error

voila, and it is done!

Not bad.

Don't forget to reconnect the negative battery cable before trying to start the car....

As for the remote wire, if you have a power antenna in the trunk then you can tap into it's signal wire here instead of running a seperate wire all the way to the deck.

AND CHECK THE STICKY's BEFORE ASKING SUCH BASIC QUESTIONS!!!

http://63.249.135.19/hdrive/car/index.htm
ShagginJet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2004, 01:17 AM   #9
4Ever

im really sorry, i'm such a fresh noob here, this is the only forum that i went..so...i'll check the sticky next time before i ask any stupid questions, thank you very much
Old 03-29-2004, 07:14 PM   #10
AkimboStylee

this wasn't a stupid question, i hope that this will help you alot, and welcome to hst