Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 02-15-2006, 11:50 PM   #1
Wren57

Bad day for terrorists...

Old 02-16-2006, 08:22 AM   #2
GT40FIED
Best...mod...ever

I've seen a few of those...and generally I've found that they tend to be quite racist. Seriously...if you posted similar images and reversed the US/terrorist roles, you'd definitely be on someone's watch list. Sure, some of the pics are sort of humerous, but they depict the wrong idea to other people in the world. While the rest of the world (and even people in the US) think that every ten years or so we pick some random crappy country to pick up and slam against a wall just to prove we can, why on earth would you photoshop pics to encourage such an idea? Look at those pics and tell me that they "hate us for our freedom". No...they hate us because we're a bunch of elitist arrogant bastards.
1984 1/2 Mustang GT350 #842, Faster than you...nuff said

Anna Fan Club President/Dictator

Someday, in the event that mankind actually figures out what it is that this world actually revoles around, thousands of people are going to be shocked and perplexed that it was not them. Sometimes this includes me.

"If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever." - George Orwell

Welcome to the new Amerika
GT40FIED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2006, 08:27 AM   #3
ChrisCantSkate
Thought Police

they may hate us but there isnt shit they can do. besides, its the terrorists not the countryfolk. they burn our flags and try to bring hell upon us, i think they can handle a photochoped picture no one takes seriously. although these i didnt even break a smile for..i dunno i think these type of jokes are getting beat like a dead horse

Many dreams come true, and some have silver linings.
I live for my dreams and a pocket full of gold.
ChrisCantSkate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2006, 08:37 AM   #4
GT40FIED
Best...mod...ever

Quote:
Originally posted by ChrisCantSkate
besides, its the terrorists not the countryfolk.

This is true...but how many people in this country even try to tell the difference?

Someday, in the event that mankind actually figures out what it is that this world actually revoles around, thousands of people are going to be shocked and perplexed that it was not them. Sometimes this includes me.

"If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever." - George Orwell

Old 02-16-2006, 09:04 AM   #5
thermal
Banning Machine

buwahahahahahaha

Project Teg

Visit the Turbo Forum
thermal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2006, 09:23 AM   #6
Robert
R-Tard

Quote:
Originally posted by GT40FIED
I've seen a few of those...and generally I've found that they tend to be quite racist. Seriously...if you posted similar images and reversed the US/terrorist roles, you'd definitely be on someone's watch list. Sure, some of the pics are sort of humerous, but they depict the wrong idea to other people in the world. While the rest of the world (and even people in the US) think that every ten years or so we pick some random crappy country to pick up and slam against a wall just to prove we can, why on earth would you photoshop pics to encourage such an idea? Look at those pics and tell me that they "hate us for our freedom". No...they hate us because we're a bunch of elitist arrogant bastards.

Oh calm down there, dont get your panties in a knot.

Wren I liked them.
Robert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2006, 11:04 AM   #7
AzCivic

Quote:
Originally posted by Robert
Oh calm down there, dont get your panties in a knot.

yeah really, lol.
AzCivic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2006, 11:14 AM   #8
Mischief

I'll admit it, I'm an elitist arrogant bastard. Therefore, I found the pictures to be comedy.

http://mensalmanac.com
Mischief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2006, 12:22 PM   #9
Wren57

I dont care to argue with people that can't find humor in it... if anyone has a serious problem with it then they are no smarter/better than the rioters killing people over a Danish cartoon and they should rid society of themselves within the next 10 minutes (preferably not by blowing themselves up near other people).
Old 02-16-2006, 03:05 PM   #10
CD5Passion

if you burn a flag you are a terrorist

yet did you know the proper way to dispose of a flag is to burn it?

ironic dont you think
Old 02-16-2006, 03:12 PM   #11
Robert
R-Tard

Quote:
Originally posted by CD5Passion
if you burn a flag you are a terrorist

yet did you know the proper way to dispose of a flag is to burn it?

ironic dont you think

No, because in the 'proper way to dispose' of said flag you do not do it in a public setting chatting words of hate towards teh country of the flag.
Old 02-16-2006, 04:29 PM   #12
AkimboStylee

i believe thats check and mate, damn it why did you have to post that before i was going to
Old 02-16-2006, 10:31 PM   #13
nonovurbizniz

SO the symbolism of those cartoons is cool but the symbolism of burning the flag of a county who's government you disagree with isn't OK?

huh that's interesting.

Other than demeaning their beliefs and history what do any of those cartoons do?... OH that's right they point out that the terrorists are horribly under funded/supplied so why is it that we can't get ANY kind of grip on Iraq... not that we should be there in the first place... but hey it's not like we're going to invade a country like Iran or N. Korea who are an ACTUAL threat and holder of WMD... cuz they can fight back...

Oh and we DEFINATELY wouldn't want to upset the country that raised 16+ of the 9/11 Hijackers... cuz they sell us oil at a rediculous profit IF we kiss their ass' nice enough...

I'll be frank... I'm not offended by any of them at all... but they're not even remotely funny... I mean you could come up with MUCH better material than that.

The only thing that struck me funny is that a bunch of fundi's are tossing around jokes about the koran being a brainwashing tool when they're the one's using the bible to justify BOMBING abortion clinics.

Conservatives are uptight D-bags with no soul...
Liberals are whiny bitches with no balls...

ALL people suck.

All that keeps me going is the thought that maybe one day AIDS will go airborne.
Old 02-17-2006, 12:56 AM   #14
GT40FIED
Best...mod...ever

Quote:
Originally posted by nonovurbizniz
The only thing that struck me funny is that a bunch of fundi's are tossing around jokes about the koran being a brainwashing tool when they're the one's using the bible to justify BOMBING abortion clinics.

Yeah...I find it humerous that someone is intimating that muslims are void of intelligence (thus being so easily brainwashed), yet they completely mis-spelled Qu'Ran or even Koran if you want to be occidental about it and wrote "Coran". It's also funny that, with all of those special forces listed in the U.S. category, we're bogged down in a quagmire of shit we can't possibly win by a bunch of "brainwashed" people who can only apparently crash planes, ride camels, and mail anthrax (which is also ridiculous since it is by and large believed that a non-muslim U.S. citizen did that) This proves, once again, that people in the south should not be taught to use computers. And I'm totally with Nonov...I don't find them offensive nor do I find them the least bit humerous. I do see that they're arrogant, racist, hateful, and they perpetuate the wrong idea about how most of us feel. I'm not a fan of terrorists, but those people are just arabs...no one knows who or what they are. So yeah...it's just lame.

Old 02-17-2006, 07:43 AM   #15
pdiggitydogg
Yahoo Watashi wa kattaze!

I wish we had AT-ATs
pdiggitydogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2006, 12:15 PM   #16
AzCivic

GT and Nonov you should goto these crap holes and help these poor poor people, maybe the west will finally understand. Oh wait they'll probably kidnap you and kill you on tape, claiming you had something to do with the some random cartoon.
Old 02-17-2006, 03:13 PM   #17
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

the flying rug kills me everytime i see it.

ebpda9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2006, 03:54 PM   #18
Wren57

http://www.coxandforkum.com/archives/2006_02.html

Last edited by Wren57 : 02-17-2006 at 04:03 PM.
Wren57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2006, 06:59 PM   #19
ChrisCantSkate
Thought Police

careful the UN might attack us cause of that

Old 02-17-2006, 07:03 PM   #20
Wren57

"Come over here and sanction me with your army...oh wait, you ain't got an army. You know what I would do if I didn't have an army? I would shut the fuck up...Yeah, I would shut...the...fuck...up."

Old 02-17-2006, 07:04 PM   #21
ChrisCantSkate
Thought Police

Old 02-17-2006, 09:45 PM   #22
Robert
R-Tard

Quote:
Originally posted by Wren57
"Come over here and sanction me with your army...oh wait, you ain't got an army. You know what I would do if I didn't have an army? I would shut the fuck up...Yeah, I would shut...the...fuck...up."

love it just love it.. made me laugh
Old 02-17-2006, 10:28 PM   #23
GT40FIED
Best...mod...ever

I particularly like the free speech one...because that's only a problem in islamic nations, isn't it? It's really great that places like China, Korea, Cuba, Germany, and the U.S. don't harrass people for espousing unpopular ideas. Oh...wait. If you'll kindly remember back I do believe it was self-appointed savoir of our nation and all around douche bag George Bush who said (in response to a website criticising him), "there ought to be limits to freedom of speech". Wow...really? I mean...I know it's not wise to yell "fire" in a crowded theater...but limits on political commentary? I'm also pretty sure Bush had bitch-extraordinare Cindy Sheehan tossed from his state of the union address for wearing a shirt with the current U.S. death toll in Iraq. I'm sure he doesn't want to be reminded of how massivly he fucked up, but I fail to see how a statement of fact (one that he is directly responsible for, no less) constitutes such behavior. The media one was good, too...but I don't see Fox News in there despite the fact that they employ the largest number of liars and hacks in the world outside of our own government. Bill Clinton might have gotten a hummer from Monica Lewinsky, but Bush is getting one from Rupert Murdoch, owner of The Fox Network (and Europe's Sky TV).

So, in closing, I believe you know where you can stick those racist, bullshit, and half-wit cartoons. Please don't confirm my belief that the south really IS full of people like that.

Old 02-17-2006, 11:02 PM   #24
nonovurbizniz

Quote:
Originally posted by AzCivic
GT and Nonov you should goto these crap holes and help these poor poor people, maybe the west will finally understand. Oh wait they'll probably kidnap you and kill you on tape, claiming you had something to do with the some random cartoon.

A. Thats just simple minded and typical rhetoric.

B. Them kidnapping me and killing me would probobly not have much to do with a F'ing cartoon... it'd probobly be more likely inspired by them having the pleasure of seeing HUNDREDS OF THOUSANDS of their friends, family, and fellow iraqis' getting slaughtered by a FAR FAR more advanced military because their leader is a D-bag that WE let stay in power from the FIRST gulf war when we actually HAD support from the majority of iraqis.

The current state of the middle east is SOLELY on the western worlds shoulders...

As long as countries like Saudi Arabia keep selling us oil we don't care WHAT they preach to their citizenry INCLUDING that it's the U.S.'s fault that their lives suck. The infrastructure over there is formulated to bread america hating extremists... and it's just as much our fault for capitulating with all these scumbag governments as long as it suits our needs... then once they need OUR help then we're back turning pussies who don't want to get involved in the politics of the region...

HELL the BIGGEST dispute over there is OUR fault... after WWII america and england didn't want to take all the jewish refugees... so they got together and told them... HEY why don't you retake israel as we pull out... it'll be an easy fight and you get what you REALLY want...

Armed them to the hilt and let them stomp over the palistinians who were basically celebrating the english finally pulling out...

Emperialism, capatalism and colonialism are the cause of almost if not ALL the worlds problems at this point. (Granted they're also responsible for most of the progress in the world too).

Oh and religion... Why is it that people can't just believe in whatever they feel like and not give a crap what other people think.
Old 02-17-2006, 11:06 PM   #25
nonovurbizniz

P.S.

I REALLY like the new batch of comics.

Although I agree with GT... this administration or it's supporters have NO right to complain about free speech...

They're the ones stirring up this neo-mccarthy-esque world we're living in...
Old 02-18-2006, 02:50 AM   #26
AzCivic

GT and Nonov I don't think anyone is listening to what you have to say (well I'm not anyways, but I'm an ass). You have no say in what happens and furthermore you're not "in the know" so you can pretend like everything on the internet/history books contains the whole story. When you get elected to some kind of office maybe I'll read your extra long posts since maybe they'll contain useful info.

BUT we're still internet buddies!!
Old 02-18-2006, 03:29 AM   #27
Wren57

Even in my inebriated state I can still enjoy a chuckle from reading y'alls political thinking. You bounce subjects very briefly and accuse so eagerly with so few facts. If only y'all actually read the paper every day you might be a bit more informed and less emotional.
Old 02-18-2006, 04:09 AM   #28
GT40FIED
Best...mod...ever

I do read the paper...y'all. Well...everything but the sports and editorial section. Those are fucking worthless.

Old 02-18-2006, 06:45 AM   #29
Robert
R-Tard

Quote:
GT and Nonov I don't think anyone is listening to what you have to say (well I'm not anyways, but I'm an ass). You have no say in what happens and furthermore you're not "in the know" so you can pretend like everything on the internet/history books contains the whole story. When you get elected to some kind of office maybe I'll read your extra long posts since maybe they'll contain useful info.

Quote:
Originally posted by Wren57
Even in my inebriated state I can still enjoy a chuckle from reading y'alls political thinking. You bounce subjects very briefly and accuse so eagerly with so few facts. If only y'all actually read the paper every day you might be a bit more informed and less emotional.

Love them both, couldn't have said it better myself... reminds me of a pervious thread...
Old 02-18-2006, 07:59 AM   #30
GT40FIED
Best...mod...ever

Quote:

You know Rob...for as much as you pro-Bush folks like to belittle others for not throwing around facts (that goes for the other Rob, too), you sure as shit don't throw out any nuggets of truth yourselves. Mark Twain said itm best when he said "There are three kinds of lies in this world. Lies, damned lies, and statistics". So c'mon...drop some hard knowledge on me. No...seriously...hit me with something I can't come back with. I don't preport to know everything. I just use logic. Newton's third law states that for every action there MUST be an equal and opposite reaction. That applies to physics as well as politics. It's only logical to conclude that our medeling in world affairs where we're not wanted will end badly for us. Yes, I know Iraqis turned out en mass for their elections...but that's only because they wanted to ensure that their tribe/militia gained power. You can believe the bullshit that it was driven by democracy...or you can understand human nature in wanting your side to win. Really...it's quite easy. Nothing too complicated about it.

Old 02-18-2006, 08:29 AM   #31
ChrisCantSkate
Thought Police

Quote:
I just use logic. Newton's third law states that for every action there MUST be an equal and opposite reaction.

well.. logically we dont follow that, cause we didnt respond to anything in the past 5 years with an equal reaction. for every action theres a reaction... true. but to what extent and to whom is a completly different thing

this world isnt fair, the sooner you learn that the sooner you come out on top. im not saying be a dick and an ass at every opportunity, but iraq wasnt gonna play fair, the taliban wasnt playing fair, iran wont play fair, so our opposite and equal reaction is to not play fair and look out for our own well being. if thats kinda jumping the gun, if enough of the pieces are in place then so be it. someones going to cry... you want it to be us or them. it only takes us being wrong once to loose an entire city to nuclear fallout from one attack, its for our own well being. what if it was NY or LA or DC.. huge mass of people and well besides LA a huge economic hit for the entire country. if someone openly hates us and starts on that path to destruction i hope we'll stand in. assess the situation then make our move from there

now im not saying go attack everyone, but if country X wants nuclear power, yet country X also wants to harm county A that i live in. then i want my gov to watch country X and report, size up, whatever to them to let them know we are watching and not to make the wrong move. we dont evolve without survival of the fittest, we are one of the fittest technology rich countrys, and it would be a good 50 years backwards if we lost one or more of our cities, cause a war would follow then 10 years later we'd kinda sort of have it iorned out then what? oh look we could have been to mars(i still laugh thinking about bushes plan to get there but thats another topic) or we'd have the next space station built or those billions in resourses could be used for something productive instead of rebuilding.

Old 02-18-2006, 12:06 PM   #32
AzCivic

Quote:
You know Rob...for as much as you pro-Bush folks ...

I'm not really Pro-bush as much as I'm anti-complaining about something you surely don't know the whole story about.

Just say this with me: "Republicans aren't out to get me, they don't hate me, maybe I don't know as much as I think I do"
Old 02-18-2006, 02:32 PM   #33
Wren57

You know, Steve, if you would stay on one subject for more than one post, it might be worth proving you wrong.
Old 02-18-2006, 10:08 PM   #34
nonovurbizniz

^maybe he's trying to give you LOTS of options to reply with ANYTHING other than "that's not worth replying to"

Denial is a pretty sad state if you ask me... WAY worse then getting "emotional" about someone else just pulling the wool over their eyes and pretending their right.

I'll be frank I hardly EVER get into these debates because the conservatives have this bizarre hive mind of protect and deny...

I mean I don't hold allegance to ANY party or administration... ALL administrations have good and bad (well I'm having a hard time finding ANYTHING good out of JR).

And even die hard democrats NEVER EVER defended clinton like this... I mean they OPENLY admit that he's a letch but his POLICY and ACTIONS were supportable... the only REAL problem with Clinton was that HE WAS a flip flopper... he didn't stick to his guns when it got un popluar because he was riding such a freaking tsunami of popularity.

Which is a funny flip side to what's going on now... bush keeps sticking to his guns no matter how UNpopular it gets.

Is that it? do all the grass rooters just like that he sticks by what he said no matter what? hoping some how that he truly does have an end game?
Old 02-19-2006, 04:13 AM   #35
GT40FIED
Best...mod...ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wren57
You know, Steve, if you would stay on one subject for more than one post, it might be worth proving you wrong.

Hey...if your brain doesn't work that way, that's your problem. Things tie together...it's just the way of the world. Hell...I'd be more than satisfied if you could prove just one thing wrong without using rhetoric and/or bullshit. I mean really...I like talking to people. I've heard all of these points before and I'm still not convinced. So really...if you've got some cold hard facts to hit me with, be my guest. Problem is that facts are useless on ocassion. You can dig some up, then I'll dig up more that contradicts what you dug up, then it goes on and on until the thread gets locked or one of use suffers a mild heart attack.

Old 02-19-2006, 10:11 AM   #36
Mischief

black bush!!

http://mensalmanac.com
Mischief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2006, 10:34 AM   #37
ChrisCantSkate
Thought Police

Quote:
Originally Posted by GT40FIED
Hey...if your brain doesn't work that way, that's your problem. Things tie together...it's just the way of the world. Hell...I'd be more than satisfied if you could prove just one thing wrong without using rhetoric and/or bullshit. I mean really...I like talking to people. I've heard all of these points before and I'm still not convinced. So really...if you've got some cold hard facts to hit me with, be my guest. Problem is that facts are useless on ocassion. You can dig some up, then I'll dig up more that contradicts what you dug up, then it goes on and on until the thread gets locked or one of use suffers a mild heart attack.

not to pick and be a bitch but when having real debates you dont just jump from topic to topic you answer each point brought up or you concede the argument to your opponent. you would loose every one if you did that. you cant tell someone to think like a ADD child and just hop from topic to topic when we're trying to have a semi-intellegent debate. second... fact? no one has posted a single "fact" in this thread. lots of speculation, lots of assumptions, but until i see a link to a sourse, its all just hot air, on both sides of the court.

Old 02-19-2006, 02:44 PM   #38
Wren57

Good points again, Chris. I suppose you agree more with this, Steve;

Many of the people that live in that region simly have ZERO understanding of what free speech actually is. They can't differentiate between free speech and blashphemy. Why do they care so much what a Danish cartoonist thinks of their religion? MANY of them are fundamentalists that STILL believe in intolerance and either converting people to their radical Islam or killing them. I'd rather kill the radical Muslims (that want to kill me) before they get the means to kill me. How can you disagree with that?
Old 02-19-2006, 03:00 PM   #39
GT40FIED
Best...mod...ever

Hey...that's cute. Since I don't agree with you, I must support anything and everything the people you disagree with take part in, right? If that sounds insanely stupid...well...you figure it out. There's really only one bottom line here. If you don't believe in freedom of speech for the stuff you don't like, then you don't believe in it at all. To lump everyone in a given region and generalize them isn't only intolerant, it's just ridiculous. I live in the midwest...does that mean I read my bible everyday and then go milk cows? You live in the south...does that mean you're an inbred racist retard? Of course not. Sure, there are people like that in both instances but are they the majority of the populace?

Old 02-19-2006, 03:18 PM   #40
Wren57

I never said they were majority of the populace. Once again you've proved your inability to comprehend ideas contrary to your own. You also didn't address a single point I made, merely resorted to personal attacks. I said "many" and also didn't lump all Muslims together, rather referred to only the "radical muslims." Reading is fundamental, so are the radical muslims... and unfortunately the radical muslims are the ones in power... they must be dealt with.

I have an idea why you are against attacking the people that want us dead. You, living in KS, are not even remotely threatened by them because you aren't a target. Your selfish view of the government is well documented in other threads (such as the one you started today) and I'd guess if you lived in NYC, LA or a place that had a higher threat level, you might rethink where you want the battle between the radical muslims and paranoid republicans to take place. I'd rather it be in the middle east.