User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-17-2002, 08:55 PM   #1
4jacks

Exhaust on a Civic.

Whazzup Ppls !

Heres the break down. Just ordered my muffler. Its a nice big shiny free flow, got it off Ebay. But I wanna put some noise on my ride, so I'm getting the pipes custom bent , I wanna go 3" pipe all the way back to the Cat.

SCC had an article testing a 1.6L w/ 2" , 2.25", and 2.5" course 2.5" got the best results, so I figure F*** It .. I'll get 3"

While Doing this I was planning on buying a Cheap Catalytic Converter from a Junk yard and bore it out. So its the just like a Straight Pipe application, with a free flow Muffler. Except when a mechanic or someone looks under it, it appears to have a legit Catalytic Converter.

While Crawling under my car today I noticed something VERY disturbing !!! the Cat is part of the DownPipe !?!?!?! WTF is up with that !! that ruins all my plans. I dont wanna bore out MY CAT, incase i need to put it back on, for inspection or something. And getting a cheap CAT and downpipe that fits is going to be rough.

So here's the Million Dollar Question.

Will Any Other Civic's Downpipe and Cat Fit My 02 HX ???

Like will a down pipe and cat from an Older Civic Fit on my car, And if so What Years ??? and Models ???

Thanks for reading my Long Lame Post !?!?!

Happy Honda'ing
4jacks is offline   Reply With Quote