User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-30-2004, 01:31 PM   #1
pdiggitydogg
Yahoo Watashi wa kattaze!

"Why should I swap my D series out?

This is the one, the only, 'D vs B' thread. If you are wondering whether or not to swap out your D for a B...you came to the right place.
A 'no holds barred' thread, where anything goes (within the language limits...). Voice your opinion, experience, thoughts, and questions right here.
If you have a situation on another thread with 'D vs B', please come here and start the bickering again. Im not moderating this post unless I hear "So and so called me a little turd and said my mom was fat" or whatever...then I'll edit that part out.

(A good reference - http://www.honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=878010 )

Have at it...(anyone is welcome to play either side of the field, of course)

I'll start:
Why would anyone want to swap out a perfectly good D16 motor? I mean for the price of a B16 you could easily build the D up to totally kick its ass on the streets and the strip.
A complete B16 SiR2 swap at a good price costs around $2k...ok... For that cost I could bore the D to 1.7xL making essentially a B18, I could port and polish the head @ a 5angle job, and prep the motor for serious boost or N2O. Even after all that I would probably have some money left over to upgrade at least some of the valvetrain so it could rev to 9K or higher. With boost that would put down some serious numbers.
So...why the hell should I spend all that money on an engine that has the same displacement??
pdiggitydogg is offline   Reply With Quote