::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > Honda / Acura Cars > Accord
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 07-20-2002, 03:19 AM   #1
Grip72

Window rattle on 91 accord

on my 91 2 door accord, if i have my window rolled down just even a little bit and i close my door, the windows shake and vibrate like crazy and it sounds like crap or like it's falling apart. Does anyone else ahve this problem? if so, how'd you solve it?
p.s it does it on the passengers door as well.
Grip72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2002, 12:49 PM   #2
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

are your window tracks worn out ? i know on the 4 door model there is a problem with the electric windows, a rod gets bent and will caouse the window to close improperly

ebpda9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2002, 01:21 PM   #3
Grip72

When it stops raining here i will take my door panel off and have a look..
Grip72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2002, 07:09 PM   #4
lsm6

Yeah i have the same problem on my 93 lx coupe, especially when it's down all the way, sounds like the door's gonna fall apart when i close it. Haven't checked it out or anythin yet, will soon though.
Old 07-22-2002, 07:18 PM   #5
insomniac_91

I'm having problems with my stupid electric passenger windows too. The rubber or somethings stopping it from rolling up. It just started doing that and it really pisses me off. Or it could be that rod that Honda-maniac is talking bout. Is ther anyway to repair that rod? Anyone know?
Old 07-22-2002, 10:38 PM   #6
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

i't the rod and the window rubber track. there is no way to have that fixed unless you get a new window crane(i don't knoiw the correct term for it). most of the parts inside it are riveted

Old 07-23-2002, 09:03 AM   #7
spoogenet

Quote:
Originally posted by insomniac_91
I'm having problems with my stupid electric passenger windows too. The rubber or somethings stopping it from rolling up. It just started doing that and it really pisses me off. Or it could be that rod that Honda-maniac is talking bout. Is ther anyway to repair that rod? Anyone know?

Sounds similar to my problem on my '01. I just noticed the other day that the passenger's front window was messed up. It closes completely, but the little rubber stripping that goes around the top side was all bent up into the track the top of the glass is supposed to sit in.......about 20 minutes later I finally got the stuff bent back out and rolled the window up while holding it very stiffly to keep it from bending itself back in the track. Now I'm just gonna not use that window for a while and hope the intense heat here in the summer helps form the rubber back so that it won't try to bend up into the track again.

For 10k miles that's not a good sign.......

b
Old 07-23-2002, 10:09 AM   #8
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

for 10 k miles the car is under warranty and go ***** about it at the local honda dealer and have it fixed for free

Old 07-23-2002, 11:20 AM   #9
ShEaNy

ya i got the same problem.... both windows... passenger is worse...when u close it...sounds like it breaks everytime...
ShEaNy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2002, 11:39 AM   #10
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

ok thre whole part for the window costs 45 bucks from here: http://www.hondaautomotiveparts.com/...ONT+DOOR+GLASS . you will need to set the correct year and the number of doors for the car. what i have shown is the 4 door 92 LX

Old 07-23-2002, 01:42 PM   #11
msvtec14

Same problem...

Yes, I have that problem as well but only occasionally. Sometimes, I get pissed off about it and sort of hit the window and then it stops. Don't do that though because maybe you will break it and be upset with me.
Old 07-23-2002, 01:54 PM   #12
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

that will be a temporary fix and then in a few weeks won't help at all.

Old 07-23-2002, 02:38 PM   #13
msvtec14

Yeah, I know. Hitting the window is obviously not the smart thing to do but it's not like I get all psycho and punch it with all my might or anything. I just sort of bang it with the side of my hand. I don't know what to do. If possible, maybe I can take a better look when I take all my door paneling off to replace my mirrors.
Old 07-23-2002, 04:26 PM   #14
spoogenet

Quote:
Originally posted by hondaman-iac
for 10 k miles the car is under warranty and go ***** about it at the local honda dealer and have it fixed for free

How easy do you think it is for them to replace the stripping? I dunno what it would involve....*sigh* I just hate taking my car to have anybody work on it.

I'll probably just wait and worry about it later. If it doesn't fix itself in the heat, which it probably won't, I'll maybe just get it done next year or something.

b