::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > Honda / Acura Cars > Prelude
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 10-01-2001, 01:45 PM   #1
grumblemarc

Smoked by a Civic SI? Never!!

I know I'm not VTEC powered running only 160hp but WHY must EVERY guy that got bought one of these for his birthday ALWAYS try and smoke me? Notice I say "try". One has never gotten the drop on me and can NEVER hang on the twisties. There's even a guy out here in TN posing like he's boosted. How do you do this? He actually went out and bought an IC and had it mounted in the front bumper. I wondered why I smoked him. I also wondered why he would never let anyone sneak a peek under the hood. Now I know. Anyone else had problems with pesky SI's?
Old 10-01-2001, 01:51 PM   #2
ChrisCantSkate
Thought Police

yeah, but they are the top of the line civics, they are quick cars, but not a lude. ive had a few actualy give me a run. never lost to one yet though. jsut watch for them spraying, they love to do that.

Many dreams come true, and some have silver linings.
I live for my dreams and a pocket full of gold.
ChrisCantSkate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2001, 05:56 PM   #3
cantdrive55

I haven't lost to one yet, however I did lose to an EX that was spraying, and a coupe with an ITR motor swap.
Old 10-02-2001, 12:05 AM   #4
VN-Tec

Yeah they are very fast i admit...
Old 10-10-2001, 03:53 PM   #5
ChrisCantSkate
Thought Police

one of my friends has a 00 epb si, and he raced a 5th gen with i/e, well he said that it was close but he pulled on him slowly. i belive it cause ive raced the si, and i pulled on him very slowly, his is abnormaly fast, dunno why.

Old 10-13-2001, 02:19 PM   #6
cantdrive55

Quote:
Originally posted by 4thGenlude
one of my friends has a 00 epb si, and he raced a 5th gen with i/e, well he said that it was close but he pulled on him slowly. i belive it cause ive raced the si, and i pulled on him very slowly, his is abnormaly fast, dunno why.

JRSC?
Old 10-13-2001, 09:32 PM   #7
ChrisCantSkate
Thought Police

naw im freinds with the kid, he's got i/h/e/pullys/msd/cam gears and a 55shot thats not filled(bottle sitting in front seat.) basicaly i can beat my friends dsm who runs 14.9's and the dsm can beat him.....bairly, the si proboly runs 15.2-15.0 he has a new clutch and a spoon flywheel sitting in his trunk, after that i wonder if he'll be catching me off the bottle.

Old 10-20-2001, 04:54 PM   #8
grl_racer

i just had a talk about this here at work... someone said... a CIVIC SI... STOCK.. can beat my prelude SI
they said... i had no chance in hell of winning.. wtf?

dumbass's
Old 10-20-2001, 05:15 PM   #9
Accord Man
THE GENERAL

They used to mess with me all the time & win..

not anymore!

HondaStyle.com Babysitter's Club Member #0

Soon to be >Dr Max Immuh<
Accord Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2001, 07:32 PM   #10
grl_racer

the people up here at work, think this 4 door accord, and this civic SI are faster then me... they say its not possible to hang with a Camaro... a heavy high 14 second car... but the Civic SI can beat them.. and a prelude cant beat a civic SI?!?!
correct me if im wrong.. a civic SI stock only comes w/ 127hrspwr to the wheels.... right???
and a prelude SI comes w/ 160hrspwr.. to the flywheel, so we are lookin at like what... 130hrspwr roughly!?!?!?!, but we have 30lbs more torque!!
hum... maybe the "SS Camaro" they raced against either
1) didnt know he was racing
2) couldnt drive
3) stuck a SS badge on it and it was really a v6.... but these fools didnt know you can always tell by the back.. dual exhaust= v8, single exhaust=v6, not to mention the wheels, and hood scoop..
MORONS

How in the WORLD, can a 4 door accord, - NO engine swap, NO forced induction beat a prelude... this is a honda accord, intake, exhaust, header, and MSD Ignition.. thats all... but he also said.. "if i loose to you, its b/c i have leather seats!!"
whata punk huh!??!?!
..... but im a chick.. so im always wrong..

and please note.. this is NO hating/or disrespect to any accord drivers/owners... you all seem to know your shit.. the kid im talkin about has never changed brakes.. never gotten his hands dirty.. in his life...
Old 10-21-2001, 03:05 PM   #11
ChrisCantSkate
Thought Police

leather seats are too heavy? thats a lame ****ing excuse. tell him to race my slow ass prelude with leather seats.

Old 10-22-2001, 12:26 PM   #12
cantdrive55

race them...it'll shut their shit talking asses up really quickly.
Old 10-22-2001, 02:34 PM   #13
grl_racer

Quote:
Originally posted by cantdrive55
race them...it'll shut their shit talking asses up really quickly.

i said.. lets run em then... ill wait 1 hour for you to get off your shift..
the accord kid was like.. not until i get my FPR installed...
and the civic kid ignored the offer...

dumbass's..
Old 11-02-2001, 10:47 AM   #14
Daily Interlude

I'd be careful w/ a Civic Si...

They are rated at 160HP at the flywheel but still lack the torque (like 111 or something close). I say becareful because they are much lighter than the 4th gen. I'd have to say that comparing a Civic Si w/ a 4th gen Lude Si would depend on the driver. Don't take them for granted though cause they can run mid 15's easily and most Prelude Si's run high 15's.

Just my opinion of course!
Old 11-02-2001, 10:54 AM   #15
cantdrive55

went to the track wednesday...and still have yet to lose to a Civic Si...hell, I wasted TWO Integra GSRs...they're more of a match for us than those weak Civic Sis.
Old 11-02-2001, 01:46 PM   #16
ChrisCantSkate
Thought Police

ryan gsr's and si's are pretty evenly matched, and please dont flame on a car, it can only start fights

Old 11-10-2001, 11:49 AM   #17
KwikR6
Mind Blowing

Quote:
Originally posted by grl_racer
i just had a talk about this here at work... someone said... a CIVIC SI... STOCK.. can beat my prelude SI
they said... i had no chance in hell of winning.. wtf?

dumbass's

A civic doesn't usually beat a 'lude. My friend had a 1994 SRV(Canadian) We stomped so many civic's in that thing. But I mean A civic can still be ****ing fast. I drive one and I know my limits. I wouldn't race a lude. YET anyway. But I mean if your running almost the same horsey's the civic might win. It is lighter you have to remember.

The epitome of stupidity is expressed so fluidly with the shity lyric theory you try to spit at me.

I CAN'T WAIT FOR SUMMER!!!
KwikR6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2001, 01:20 PM   #18
cantdrive55

Quote:
Originally posted by dereks civic

A civic doesn't usually beat a 'lude. My friend had a 1994 SRV(Canadian) We stomped so many civic's in that thing. But I mean A civic can still be ****ing fast. I drive one and I know my limits. I wouldn't race a lude. YET anyway. But I mean if your running almost the same horsey's the civic might win. It is lighter you have to remember.
Prelude has almost 50 more ft. lbs of torque, which more than makes up for the couple hundred pound difference.
Old 11-10-2001, 05:17 PM   #19
grl_racer

Quote:

Prelude has almost 50 more ft. lbs of torque, which more than makes up for the couple hundred pound difference.

thank you.....

i have yet to be beat by one... when i was stock i raced a civic SI, with I/H/E and i STILL walked away from it...

i never said they were slow... yea they are lighter.. but like said above the torque is what makes up the difference
Old 11-11-2001, 08:19 PM   #20
KwikR6
Mind Blowing

I do agree with all of you...and i'm not argueing. i know most lude's stomp most vic's. Im just saying for the sake of talking.

The epitome of stupidity is expressed so fluidly with the shity lyric theory you try to spit at me.

Old 11-13-2001, 12:16 AM   #21
cantdrive55

Quote:
Originally posted by dereks civic
I do agree with all of you...and i'm not argueing. i know most lude's stomp most vic's. Im just saying for the sake of talking.
ok, nice avatar by the way.
Old 11-13-2001, 01:38 AM   #22
Raver X

I squished one tonight ::
Old 11-13-2001, 11:29 AM   #23
KwikR6
Mind Blowing

Quote:

ok, nice avatar by the way.
thanx..I have someother ones...but too lazy to put them up

Old 11-20-2001, 03:41 PM   #24
VTC_CiViC

I ran a Prelude Si w/ I/E in my 93 GS-R. He took me cleanly off the line, but with each gear, I'd inch just a little closer to him. That extra 40+lbs of torque is awesome for propelling you off the line, but once you get up and going, don't expect to run away from an Si. Had I run the same guy on the highway from say a 60-70mph roll, I would most likley have pull on him. Torque is great, but once you cross the 5250rpm threshold, torque is going to yield to power, and the Si weighing as much less as it does, it will pull away from a Lude at the upper rpms, this is precisley why I was reeling in this Prelude Si I raced, and consider that my GS-R is bone stock with the same hp as the Prelude! It also has 140k miles
Old 11-27-2001, 10:33 AM   #25
grumblemarc

I'd have to disagree. If you beat the Civic SI off the line you will STAY in front of him. I know cause I do it all the time. Depends on how you drive your Lude. It is true that against my SI the civic will inch up a little when the Vtec kicks in but not one has EVER passed me up. Regardless of their lighter weight.
Old 12-16-2001, 06:47 PM   #26
yeahITSjenn

i've had a couple try to mess with me too. I've beaten all the ones that tried but it's not like I've raced a whole bunch of them. It seem like there's an overabundance of the blue SIs here where I live. They can squeeze on me but I'll just squeeze back. haha. I think it's just those hatchbacks u gotta be careful of. Those are only hatchbacks on the outside....
Old 12-17-2001, 12:34 AM   #27
VN-Tec

Slap a little turbo in.. Theyll never win
Old 01-10-2002, 09:48 AM   #28
Daily Interlude

Let's clearify a few things. The VTEC lude, any gen or model, should be able to take any Si or GSR. It's the Prelude Si's w/o VTEC that I was talking about being careful. That torque will pull you off the line as mentioned but the power to weight ratio tells all.
Old 01-10-2002, 10:24 AM   #29
gixer

Re: I'd be careful w/ a Civic Si...

Quote:
Originally posted by Daily Interlude
They are rated at 160HP at the flywheel but still lack the torque (like 111 or something close). I say becareful because they are much lighter than the 4th gen. I'd have to say that comparing a Civic Si w/ a 4th gen Lude Si would depend on the driver. Don't take them for granted though cause they can run mid 15's easily and most Prelude Si's run high 15's.

Just my opinion of course!

the only problem with the lude is about half of them are automatics and all si's are standard......if a civic si beats an si prelude......chances are, the prelude's an auto or the person can't drive for shit, with the same drivers in both cars, the lude should edge a civic si everytime.....the lude weighs a little more, but the torque more than makes up for it.
Old 01-10-2002, 01:57 PM   #30
ChrisCantSkate
Thought Police

just watch out for the si's that are sprayin.........

Old 01-10-2002, 01:58 PM   #31
ChrisCantSkate
Thought Police

Quote:
Originally posted by VN-Tec
Slap a little turbo in.. Theyll never win
true........ but alot of cars wont beat u.

Old 01-14-2002, 12:09 PM   #32
slowEJ6

yay prelude/civic war! lets see here, civic Si's are so very slow stock. i hung with a few of them with my D16 quite well. my best time sohc notec was 16.4 and that was with shiddy oil, needing a valve adjustment and MASSIVE wheel hop (no wheel hop on the street ). then i have some moron tell me a D16 cant do that....stupid kid
i whailed on a prelude too, not sure what model, wasnt VTEC though. regardless i owned him.
ive only raced 2 Si's (i tend to keep racing to a minimum) and hung with one till we both shut it down and got my ass kicked by another (he had internal work done, not sure what though since he was a dick and wouldnt say anything intelligent), but he was fast. probably running mid 13's. as for preludes, ive raced maybe a handful, lost twice to some fekker that was spraying, after the first time i said to run off the bottle, he said ok, and ran with the bottle anyway, what a puss.

whats the point of this? preludes and civics alike can be fast, stock vs stock preludes kick civic ass
slowEJ6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2002, 09:11 PM   #33
ChrisCantSkate
Thought Police

Quote:
Originally posted by hybrid3do0rcx
whats the point of this? preludes and civics alike can be fast, stock vs stock preludes kick civic ass
yeah i godda agree, with both statments:P

Old 01-15-2002, 02:32 PM   #34
PreludeSI

Hi, how much HP would u have if u stuck a vtec head on a prelude SI 93+year, Would that HP be at the flywheel or at the wheels
thanx
Old 01-31-2002, 04:09 PM   #35
Captain Chunk

My friend has a '92 Prelude Si (non-VTEC) and I have a 2000 Si, and we have raced a few times. The first 3 he won every time, I was still learning to drive stick shift but he would always get the big jump in first gear, but once we were out of that gear, neither of us changed our position from each other. It's really actually kind of odd because it seems like were just sitting there, with neither of us gainind even an INCH! You would think that with two completely different cars that somebody would gain, but only that initial jump is what he gains, unless we were to race to 130 and theoreticaly his engine would max out. The last time we raced (I have now had my car 8 months, and having switched from a heavy ass 2 12" sub box down to a smaller single 12" sub) I won by a foot at the most, cause his launch was screwy. But once he gained traction and we were on our way, we both once again stayed the same distance apart. Having extra torque is great to offset large amounts of weight, but once you get that weight moving it becomes more important to have the power up top. But just like anything, regardless of what car has what power, every race is a different race and anything can happen. I think both cars are pretty even but you can get all kinds of different results with different drivers. Plus, he's getting an H22 dropped in it to replace the H23, so it will definately kick my ass then! By the way, he had a intake, I have exaust.