.:HSTuners::

::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > Tech Talk > My Car is Broken!
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 04-21-2002, 10:06 PM   #1
BaDNaN

cd player problem

well i put in my new aem cai into the teg, everything went fine. so i decided to reset the ecu. well on team-integra it said to pull out 2 fuses, and leave em out for 30 min, put em back in turn on car let it idle for 10 min. well i did all that. but now the cd player wont work and displays "Err--3" everytime i turn it on and the message stays there.
any ideas as to what caused this problem? one of the fuses i pulled out was for the radio/clock. but the clock works fine.
any ideas or help?
Old 04-21-2002, 10:29 PM   #2
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

ummm refer to the owners manual for this. is it a stock CD-player ? if it is a stock you might havbe a teft defferent system and you need the correct code to activate it. same thing with aftermarket CD players witth teft defferent systems

ebpda9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2002, 10:46 PM   #3
94_AcCoRd_EX
Insomniac Moderator

Yup, its most likely a security feature... you'll need to look in your manual

--Need hosting for your pics on HST? PM me...--
94_AcCoRd_EX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2002, 11:13 PM   #4
BaDNaN

looked it up, the closet error in the manual is "E-03"
the error it gives me is "Err-3"
they might be the same thing but the manual sayus that e03 is a disc changer error and to take it to the dealership. but my car has the simple plain cdplayer and mno fancy 6 disc changer. there is a cd still inside there too, and none of the buttons respond anymore.
for the security feature i need the 5 digit code, but i have no idea what it is, we just bought the car, it was a 1 owner only. im gonna look around to see if i can find the code somewhere.
thanks

well cant find the code, or the serial for the cd player, do you think that if i call up the dealership and tell them my vin they will be able to help me out?
Old 04-22-2002, 03:31 PM   #5
spoogenet

Quote:
Originally posted by BaDNaN
for the security feature i need the 5 digit code, but i have no idea what it is, we just bought the car, it was a 1 owner only. im gonna look around to see if i can find the code somewhere.
thanks

well cant find the code, or the serial for the cd player, do you think that if i call up the dealership and tell them my vin they will be able to help me out?

No and yes....or yes and no, whatever.

You will have to take the head unit out. The dealership can get you the security code, but they will need the VIN and serial number of the CD player. The serial number for the CD player is on the back of the player, which is only accessible if you remove it.

Or at least that's what the dealership told me a few days ago when I called and asked them about this.

b
Old 04-22-2002, 05:45 PM   #6
BaDNaN

well i found out they have the securtiy code hidden in your car. when i called them up they told me where and now everythign works perfect
thanks guys
Old 04-23-2002, 09:25 AM   #7
spoogenet

Wait a minute....the security code is hidden in the car? And they'll just tell you where it is over the phone? Doesn't that completely defeat the purpose of having such a code? If they'll tell you, then that basically means that any professional thief already knows where the code is located.

And why didn't they give me any indication that it was in the car? Maybe it's not in the Accords, though?

b