Go Back   HSTuners > Honda / Acura Cars > Integra
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 06-05-2002, 09:59 PM   #1
C's 94 InTeGrA
4th Gear

which intake

ok i desided on a short ram intake right now and i was wondeinrg which one either the AEM one or the DC sports DAC... i heard a lot about the DAC and its more than the AEM and i heard the cold air ones are a ***** to put in so like some opinions thanx
C's 94 InTeGrA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2002, 12:37 AM   #2
tightteg52

Re: which intake

Quote:
Originally posted by C's 94 InTeGrA
ok i desided on a short ram intake right now and i was wondeinrg which one either the AEM one or the DC sports DAC... i heard a lot about the DAC and its more than the AEM and i heard the cold air ones are a ***** to put in so like some opinions thanx

I dont remember who it was but some one makes a intake that can go from short ram to full intake but everything i've ever read and heard is AEM AEM AEM when it comes to intake. But if i was you living in ohio i was there last week and it rained like a mofo get a aem full CAI with the bypass valve 50 bucks and you have the best of both worlds but hey that just me.
Old 06-06-2002, 12:46 AM   #3
94_AcCoRd_EX
Insomniac Moderator

I think Iceman converts.

I really would get an AEM CAI. Why are they a pain to put in?

--Need hosting for your pics on HST? PM me...--
94_AcCoRd_EX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2002, 09:14 AM   #4
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

yep iceman has the intake that converts to a short ram. i don't know about the install of the aem intake cause i don't have it yet. it's gonna get here tommorow. and weather in oh: i can't remeber 2 days for the past month that it hasn't rained.

ebpda9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2002, 11:23 AM   #5
C's 94 InTeGrA
4th Gear

Ya its rained here way too much... thats wat i hearfd cause i know this one guy was puttin one on a honda and he had to take the wheel off to get it in the fender and i really dont want to spent 180$ at the moment.. i thought AEM made one where u can change it to a cold air intake buit i dont remeber..
C's 94 InTeGrA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2002, 01:48 PM   #6
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

yeah usually you have to cut it to put the bypass valve, so in the winter time you could take out the filter and the half from under the car and adapt it a short ram

Old 06-06-2002, 04:26 PM   #7
tightteg52

I stick by aem with bypass valve personally but to each there own
Old 06-09-2002, 11:39 PM   #8
TruHeel142

Quote:
Originally posted by C's 94 InTeGrA
Ya its rained here way too much... thats wat i hearfd cause i know this one guy was puttin one on a honda and he had to take the wheel off to get it in the fender and i really dont want to spent 180$ at the moment.. i thought AEM made one where u can change it to a cold air intake buit i dont remeber..

$180???????

I got mine put on for $20, it takes half an hour or so. You do have to take off the front right tire, but its not that much of a hassle. And I have the AEM CAI w/o bypass and I've flied through some massive puddles and I've been fine. The whole bypass valve is a load of crap, just trying to get u to spend more money, seriously IMO!
Old 06-10-2002, 12:52 AM   #9
94_AcCoRd_EX
Insomniac Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by TruHeel142

$180???????

I got mine put on for $20, it takes half an hour or so. You do have to take off the front right tire, but its not that much of a hassle. And I have the AEM CAI w/o bypass and I've flied through some massive puddles and I've been fine. The whole bypass valve is a load of crap, just trying to get u to spend more money, seriously IMO!

I think he meant $180 for the whole intake, not the install.

Old 06-10-2002, 12:57 AM   #10
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

Quote:
Originally posted by 94_AcCoRd_EX

I think he meant $180 for the whole intake, not the install.

that is about the price of the intake.

any ideas what to use on enlarging the hole for the intake ?

Old 06-10-2002, 01:31 AM   #11
94_AcCoRd_EX
Insomniac Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by hondaman-iac

any ideas what to use on enlarging the hole for the intake ?

I'd probably go at it with my trusty Dremel

Old 06-10-2002, 02:11 PM   #12
2ndGenTeg
4th Gear

The Injen also converts from short ram to cold air. However, it sucks because it's too large in diameter. The Iceman sucks because it's tapered. The dynos don't lie. The AEM is the best.

It took me half an hour to put my AEM CAI on. All you have to do is unscrew the bottom part of your splashguard, put on the intake, and screw it back in. I didn't have to remove anything at all. It takes me 15 minutes to remove and install the filter when I want to clean it, too. Anybody that tells you they have to remove the wheel, front bumper, etc, is just trying to get you to pay more money for the install.

I took my bypass valve out. Biggest waste of $45 I ever spent. I bought it before I really understood what it takes to hydrolock an engine. It only does you any good if you live in a flood zone, and are dumb enough to completely submerge your filter. That's the only time you would really need to worry about hydrolock.
2ndGenTeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2002, 02:48 PM   #13
94_AcCoRd_EX
Insomniac Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by 2ndGenTeg
I took my bypass valve out. Biggest waste of $45 I ever spent. I bought it before I really understood what it takes to hydrolock an engine. It only does you any good if you live in a flood zone, and are dumb enough to completely submerge your filter. That's the only time you would really need to worry about hydrolock.

I did the exact same and agree 100%

Old 06-10-2002, 05:13 PM   #14
TruHeel142

Quote:
Originally posted by 2ndGenTeg
I didn't have to remove anything at all. It takes me 15 minutes to remove and install the filter when I want to clean it, too. Anybody that tells you they have to remove the wheel, front bumper, etc, is just trying to get you to pay more money for the install.

Even on 3rd Gen's??? Cause it was impossible HE SAID to get out the lower airbox w/o taking off the tire. Maybe he wuz pulling my leg, but i wanna know!
Old 07-11-2002, 06:40 AM   #15
onlyNls

I have the Injen short stack with the CAE. I had to take off my front bumper to put the the extension. I connected the extension the the short stack and then had to take off my front bumper to put on the air filter. I didn't find an easier way then that.
Old 08-05-2002, 07:42 PM   #16
Acura_Dude#1

Cold Air Intake

I got the DC sports cold air intake for $165 here. http://www.autosportz.com/airintake_acura_integra.htm

Nice upgrade.