.:HSTuners::

::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > The Lounge Area > Shifting Gears - Off Topic Discussions > For The Geek In You
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 03-05-2005, 10:50 PM   #1
ChrisCantSkate
Thought Police

looking for audio recorder/editor

i need to find a program that i can record through the computer microphone jack with. im trying to record some guitar onto my computer... ive got the amp hooked up to the computer through the microphone jack, and can record very shitty quality with windows sound recorder, but im wondering if anyone knows of a program that would allow me to set tracks and loop stuff and whatnot. digital effects would be a huge plus, but not nessicary. mucho apreciated for the help

Many dreams come true, and some have silver linings.
I live for my dreams and a pocket full of gold.
ChrisCantSkate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2005, 11:41 PM   #2
CD5Passion

all i have is my Garageband program and it's for a Mac...but it's a great program for that kind of stuff..im not sure if they make a windows one tho
Old 03-06-2005, 12:00 AM   #3
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

t-racks it is called. i have a copy here. maybe i'll catch you online later

ebpda9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2005, 12:55 AM   #4
blind34_1

a friend of mine uses Propellerhead Reason. Its the ULTIMATE in making music digitally. He makes anything from techno songs to acoustic solos. its awesome, but really hard to learn.

I used to have a cracked copy, but I lost it. Its really expensive, so ill keep my eye out for it on irc.

FL studio is pretty good for making music, as is Acid Pro. I have both (full versions). I think I have Soundforge also, which ive never used but would imagine has many features for input recording.
blind34_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2005, 12:24 PM   #5
ChrisCantSkate
Thought Police

well.. ive been trying out a bunch of different programs trying to find something that works for what i need, and as it sits right now, ive got sound forge, and that works... basically. i cant loop tracks and record over them while they are running, which makes it very hard to mix tracks togethter(which i havnt been able to do with 100% success) right now im downloading the trial of FL studio and it looks like i'll be able to mix in there, and hopefully record also. sound forge has the effects i was looking for, but wouldnt add them in as a pre-amp, only post-recording making it a little harder to play with those effects(ever try playing without delay and mimicing the sound in your head so it sounds halfassed once mixed )

if you can find that propellerhead drop me a pm or post up here. im looking for anything. computer speed shouldnt be a problem, im running 768mb ram, 2.4 ghz.. running only the music program while recording(i already ran into problems trying to do 2397846123984 things at once with these programs)

Old 03-10-2005, 12:27 PM   #6
ChrisCantSkate
Thought Police

oh, and im using the line in plug on my sound card, but im picking up about 75/25 between left and right audio channels, possibly nothing out of the right at all... is this something im just gonna have to deal with and do all my sterio mixing post recording? or is there a simple setting i have overlooked(im usta these little problems by now)