::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > Tech Talk > High Performance > Turbo
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 11-16-2001, 06:23 PM   #1
toykilla

anyone have a clue??

Ok, the boost controller started working again, didnt do anything to it but its working. (stupid thing) But once again Im having a big problem with higher rpms.The engine is bogging down at 5krpms again. I turned that little knob all the way to the right to richen it up and all the way to the left and everywhere in between. Nothing stops it from boggin down at 9psi at 5krpms. Its dark so I cant see the fuel pressure gauge but what I think is happening is that the car is requiring more gas as I get into the higher rpm levels, so its actually going above 110psi fuel pressure and its screwing everything up. How do I stop it from going so high?????? At 6psi boost it was doing the same thing, 1st gear it would be in the 85psi range then 2nd and 3rd gear it would go up to about 100psi at 6psi boost. Whats going on here, I thought all the car required was 100-110psi fuel at 8-10psi?
Old 11-16-2001, 08:40 PM   #2
Boosted3g

If your fuel pressure is that high the fuel pump is probably waving the white flag. A fuel pump will not pump with that much fuel pressure. Anything over 80 psi or so is considered dangerous.
Old 11-16-2001, 09:16 PM   #3
toykilla

The fuel pump "HAS" to pump that much fuel because in the Hahn turbo instructions I have to be at 100-110psi fuel pressure at 8-10 psi boost. I also have 2 fuel pumps to push the fuel under boost.