::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > Honda / Acura Cars > Prelude
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 11-04-2002, 06:24 PM   #1
ASTS123

prelude VS accord?

What do you guys think is better a 99 sedan accord ex or a 94 or higher prelude. sorry if i sound like a shit head but i'm new to the car scene so if you do say prelude is better could you tell me why and what year. and same thing for the 99 accord.
Old 11-04-2002, 06:45 PM   #2
ChrisCantSkate
Thought Police

well, just a little info for you. the accord and prelude are very closly related, the accord had more comfort in mind in its development, the prelude more performance. both cars still do the other decently (my car is nice on trips, besides the aftermarket suspension stiffness) if you are looking for a prelude to modify, a 4th generation (my body style 92-96) vtec modle would be what your looking for. the 94-95 were considered by almost everyone to be the prime years for preludes. they had the better obd1 ecu setup, a h22a1 engine, leather standard, nicer interor/dash cluster than the 93 vtec's. 96's were just like the 94-95 but with a obd2 ecu. it has more sensors and dosnt respond to mods as well. handling on preludes it unbelievable compaired to its competition. if you get koni yellows, ground control coilovers, and suspension technique sway bars, with any front and rear strut bars, you will handle very very well. i had a 92 S prelude it has a f22a1 (or 4, im still unsure on this), it was "slow" compaired to my current 94 vtec. i would beat civic ex's integra ls's and all accords besides the v6's ive ever raced. the prelude si's have a h23a1 motor in them, they will beat all accords also. they gun about the same as a gsr, maybe a tiny bit faster or slower depending on the driver, they are also a good car to look into. they have the same handling as the vtec preludes, and from 92-95(i think) they had a 4ws(4 wheel steering) option. the 5th generation preludes have a h22a4 engine and are a few tenths of a second slower(5spd base model) than a 4th generation vtec. the SS's are slow and have a weak tranny, they are about eqivalent to a v6 accord, maybe a hair faster. the type-SH's have a nice handling system, the ATTS (active torque transfer system) feature works similar to a LSD but is electronicaly controlled and only works in hard cornering. i've herd it robs 5hp and is about 40 or 75lbs(dep[ending on where u look) extra weight. they run about .2 tenths slower than a base 5spd. people will try and tell you the type-sh's have better motors, nope. ive seen no proof. cams are the same CR is the same, everything in the engine besides the tranny are identical. the 5th generations have a more ridged chasis, so they will handle better than a 4th gen. if you have any questions on stuff i havnt mentioned, ask me.

Many dreams come true, and some have silver linings.
I live for my dreams and a pocket full of gold.
ChrisCantSkate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2002, 02:14 AM   #3
ShEaNy

wow^^ nice info on the preludes..makes me wanna buy one now...
ShEaNy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2002, 03:26 PM   #4
ASTS123

thanks chris, i'm goin with 95 lude now
Old 11-05-2002, 07:01 PM   #5
ChrisCantSkate
Thought Police

if you have more specific questions, i'll try and answer them. that was my broad overview of it though

Old 11-05-2002, 08:21 PM   #6
ASTS123

do you know what the weight of the 1994-5 is?
Old 11-05-2002, 08:25 PM   #7
ChrisCantSkate
Thought Police

2961lbs for the vtec modle

Old 11-05-2002, 08:26 PM   #8
ASTS123

so is that the si? and still couldnt a civic still crush me?
Old 11-05-2002, 08:31 PM   #9
94_AcCoRd_EX
Insomniac Moderator

If you get a Prelude, try very hard to find a VTEC model. The Si is still capable, but the H22A is very nice to have

--Need hosting for your pics on HST? PM me...--
94_AcCoRd_EX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2002, 09:44 PM   #10
ChrisCantSkate
Thought Police

yeah, the car was built for the h22, it works best with it. easy give aways its a vtec, 7400rpm redline and leather interior. it will only be red black or a greenish-blue for thr 94-96 years

Old 11-06-2002, 06:26 PM   #11
Honda530

Dude preludes are the ebst car that Honda ever made. I hink everyone has wanted one. They are more comfortable inside than a civic si. They are just teh sweetest car ever made. If I ever get rid of my baby it would only be fore a prelude
Old 11-06-2002, 07:18 PM   #12
ChrisCantSkate
Thought Police

Quote:
Originally posted by Honda530
Dude preludes are the ebst car that Honda ever made. I hink everyone has wanted one. They are more comfortable inside than a civic si. They are just teh sweetest car ever made. If I ever get rid of my baby it would only be fore a prelude

i actualy completly agree besides the NSX of course. the s2k is nice, and fast, but its already at about the top of its potential. all the mugen stuff they make for it dosnt help THAT much. if honda made the prelude RWD.... it would have been SO much better its not even funny

Old 12-02-2002, 08:54 PM   #13
Promo2000

How about the Non Vtec Prelude? A person that I recently knew is selling me his 93 Prelude DOHC Non Vtec and he wants my 93 Civic EX and like $300 of difference Should I buy it? It dosent have 4 wheel steering netheir...
Any recomendation?
Old 12-02-2002, 09:10 PM   #14
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

how many miles ? i think it's well worth it. you can always swap a vtec engine in there and bang fast car

ebpda9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2002, 02:30 AM   #15
cantdrive55

The DOHC non-VTEC H23 Prelude Si is a VERY capable car. I have only lost to 2 Civic Sis in my long ownership of the car. It's a capable car, I should be in the low low 15s/high high 14s with I/H/E. I'll be running next month and give an update...
Old 12-03-2002, 01:24 PM   #16
Promo2000

Quote:
Originally posted by hondaman-iac
how many miles ? i think it's well worth it. you can always swap a vtec engine in there and bang fast car
My Civic has 90000
The prelude has 130000