Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 10-29-2001, 07:16 PM   #1
xbird

no power??

damn...i hate my audio system...
i have been fixing it for 4 days !!!
help me out plz !!

ok.. i was reconnecting my wires from the deck....
i forgot to disconnect my main battery's negative....

when i was reconnecting the power wire from the car, it touches the metal of my car and made a spark, then.. i removed my main battery's negative side, after i reconnected everything, my deck won't start !!! damnit !!!!! how come??
I thought i blew the fuse of the car audio power wire, then i checked at the fuses panel, that fuse is alright ! nothing is wrong..
then i used a meter to measure how many volts the batter wire has, it only has like 5 volts... is this normal?? how come?? can somebody help plz??
Old 11-01-2001, 02:30 AM   #2
2ndGenTeg
4th Gear

Did you test the voltage with the car on or off? Cuz 5V is pretty low, even with the car off. Hopefully the battery just needs to be charged.

Are you sure you got the right fuse? It's obviously not the deck, since it wasn't even connected yet. Test the constant AND remote wires to the deck with a voltage meter, and make sure they're recieving power.

I'm willing to put money on the fact it's a fuse. Check both fuse boxes: Under the hood and in the kick panel. when you say "car audio power wire," do you mean the cable coming off the battery? If so, that only powers your amps, and has nothing to do with your deck.

For future reference, there is no reason to disconnect either battery terminal when installing a deck. Simply leave the keys out of the ignition, and the switched power supply will never recieve signal.

Also, invest in harness adapters. This means two things: No cutting wires, and no exposed leads!

Hopefully it's just a fuse. If not, please be a little more specific- there are TONS of power wires in a car (i.e.- are we talking the main power cable of the battery, or the ones from the car's harness to the deck?). Hit us back and we'll see what we can come up with.
2ndGenTeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2001, 08:43 PM   #3
Accord Man
THE GENERAL

YUP..

You said you saw a spark?! If so then it's probably a fuse.

About disconnecting the battery. That is a good practice. You should continue doing that. For preventing shorts and saving your airbag from deployment.
HondaStyle.com Babysitter's Club Member #0

Soon to be >Dr Max Immuh<
Accord Man is offline   Reply With Quote