Go Back   HSTuners > Honda / Acura Cars > Civic/Del Sol
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 01-24-2003, 02:40 PM   #41
HighLife

Quote:
Originally posted by oc civic
i say that IHE is NOT enough to decide a race.... i STILL think it would be a "drivers race"..

two corrections to some previously made statements

IHE cost MORE than nitrous oxide....

NOS nitrous kits ARE designed to work with a BONE stock car..

$800 I/H/E 8 hp
$4-500 NOS 50 hp

you tell me..

I dunno about putting NOS on a bone stock car. Also NOS isnt for a newbie driver in any way shape or form. You can possible ruin your engine with NOS...you cannot ruin your car with IHE. Unless you do or buy something bad or defective. Price/performance is great though....its more like 600-700$ new installed, unless you install it yourself. Then you gotta get the tank filled. Cheapest ive seen is about 3$ a pound. 1 full bottle will last about 3mins total time of spraying. So now we over 800$ at least for kit installed and about 10 full tanks. You can probaly pick up a used nos kit for 300-500 range, but then again you can buy IHE used for around the same price.

Ive seen decent exhaust being sold used in the 200-300range. Used AEM CAI is about 80-120 and used header about about 100-200.
Old 01-24-2003, 02:53 PM   #42
Racing Rice
Project Combat Honda

If your racing you risk breaking something no matter if your running I/H/E or nitrous. Throwing it into a wrong gear can do some serious damage in itself, it doesnt even take a performance mod to do that.

Your right, not everyone should be spraying if they dont have a clue what thier doing.. Then again, if thats the case maybe they shouldnt be racing at all.
Old 01-24-2003, 03:24 PM   #43
HighLife

Quote:
Originally posted by Racing Rice
If your racing you risk breaking something no matter if your running I/H/E or nitrous. Throwing it into a wrong gear can do some serious damage in itself, it doesnt even take a performance mod to do that.

Your right, not everyone should be spraying if they dont have a clue what thier doing.. Then again, if thats the case maybe they shouldnt be racing at all.

Yea street racing it pretty fuggin stupid...i catch myself speeding but i wont go nuts and race someone on a highway...i save it for when its perfectly safe.

Im sure you can break something with IHE, but you are more likely going to bust something bad when overdoing it with NOS. Being that people like to show off....
Old 01-24-2003, 03:53 PM   #44
Racing Rice
Project Combat Honda

Quote:
Originally posted by HighLife
Yea street racing it pretty fuggin stupid...i catch myself speeding but i wont go nuts and race someone on a highway...i save it for when its perfectly safe.

Im sure you can break something with IHE, but you are more likely going to bust something bad when overdoing it with NOS. Being that people like to show off....

Im going to agree with you totally..

"A persons worst enemy is his own ignorance."
Old 01-25-2003, 09:06 AM   #45
oc civic

actualy nitrous is pretty hard to **** up.... i accidently at a street race missed a shift hit the red line ON NITROUS... took off the head of the spark plug, but caused NO actualy motor damage.. im pretty confident when it comes to nitrous.
Old 01-25-2003, 01:55 PM   #46
Racing Rice
Project Combat Honda

Quote:
Originally posted by oc civic
actualy nitrous is pretty hard to **** up.... i accidently at a street race missed a shift hit the red line ON NITROUS... took off the head of the spark plug, but caused NO actualy motor damage.. im pretty confident when it comes to nitrous.

Yeah, Ive heard stories of a few people doing something like that too..

The worst thing about nitrous are these NewBs that try shooting something much larger then what the car is capable of handling, but thats true with any sort of FI.