Go Back   HSTuners > The Lounge Area > Kill Stories
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 03-25-2004, 06:30 PM   #1
c0ng0 b0ng0

lol stupid slow mitsubishi eclipse goes down easy

lol ok so i have not been street racing a whole lot because i dont want to waste my time with dumb cars i only want to race cars that are worthy like corvettes and supras and things like that but for those my car needs a few more mods right now. anyway this dumb guy (probably on like 16) gets by me in one of the newer eclipses and revs his engine. i think he heard my CAI and new i would run him but he must have thought my car was an older civic hatch back because come on now he was in an eclipse. anyway i gave him a rev back and he was like "oh man what have i gotten myself into" because my car is louder than you would expect. when the light came green we both went off the line and nailed it. i spud through first because i got a bad launch so i was still dead even with him. i power-shifted into second and still even but then when vtec came on i ran ahead of him like crazy and just kept going like it was nothing. i put on my flashers to let him know it was over and i would stop racing and then he sped past me with his middle finger up.

silly kids when will they learn to mess with cars in their league

Old 03-25-2004, 08:40 PM   #2
MAXed Out
6th Gear

good kill!
1997 Maxima SE 5spd, Stillen Body Kit, Warpspeed Y & B pipes, Magnaflow Muffler, Koni Yellows & Tein S-tech springs, JVC Headunit, Directed 7" in dash screen,Stillen Intake, red/clear tail lights, AE mod, Paceseter STS, EL-Glow Gauges, Clutchmasters FX300 Clutch, rebuilt tranny, 19" Mille Miglia Evo 5's with Pirelli Pzero's(summer), 18" Hp D-10 hyper silver wrapped in Goodyear ultra HPR, SPW front strut bar, Helios 7000k HID, Motostorm UDP, Viper 5000Vx alarm, 2 12" PowerClass 124 subs, Kenwood 1200 Watt amp, DVD Changer
Old 03-25-2004, 09:12 PM   #3
V8killimports

Re: lol stupid slow mitsubishi eclipse goes down easy

Quote:
Originally posted by c0ng0 b0ng0
lol ok so i have not been street racing a whole lot because i dont want to waste my time with dumb cars i only want to race cars that are worthy like corvettes and supras and things like that but for those my car needs a few more mods right now. anyway this dumb guy (probably on like 16) gets by me in one of the newer eclipses and revs his engine. i think he heard my CAI and new i would run him but he must have thought my car was an older civic hatch back because come on now he was in an eclipse. anyway i gave him a rev back and he was like "oh man what have i gotten myself into" because my car is louder than you would expect. when the light came green we both went off the line and nailed it. i spud through first because i got a bad launch so i was still dead even with him. i power-shifted into second and still even but then when vtec came on i ran ahead of him like crazy and just kept going like it was nothing. i put on my flashers to let him know it was over and i would stop racing and then he sped past me with his middle finger up.

silly kids when will they learn to mess with cars in their league

This has got to be a joke right? Anyone else find it hard to determine whether he's joking or serious?
Old 03-25-2004, 09:19 PM   #4
B16DoHcCrx033003
4th Gear

i think we all have been waiting for this..... yes the bullshit flag boys and girls.....
Old 03-25-2004, 10:06 PM   #5
c0ng0 b0ng0

dude i am serious he initiated the race. it was just a 4 banger crappy eclipse they are so slow and i am modded plus i am a good driver geez you guys are mean to me

Old 03-25-2004, 10:10 PM   #6
V8killimports

Quote:
dude i am serious he initiated the race. it was just a 4 banger crappy eclipse they are so slow and i am modded plus i am a good driver geez you guys are mean to me

lol this guys got to be a joke. You are modded? lol
Old 03-25-2004, 10:13 PM   #7
c0ng0 b0ng0

yes i have a cold air intake right now and my friend matt is going to help me get and install a grounding mod kit and spark plugs on saturday i will have a huge advantage over stock civic si s

Old 03-25-2004, 10:15 PM   #8
B16DoHcCrx033003
4th Gear

huge? no..... slight? maybeeee...... no, CAI doesnt add that much HP, it aint a freaking turbo.... plus spark plugs np HP gain there...
Old 03-25-2004, 10:18 PM   #9
IALuder

dude plugs ground kit and CAI. is not a huge gain.

plus if your such a good driver then why did you spin threw 1st gear. a good driver never spins threw the whole gear.

if you cant dazzle them with your brillance, baffle them with your bullshit.
Old 03-25-2004, 10:18 PM   #10
V8killimports

Yea you have about a 3hp difference over a stock civic.
Old 03-25-2004, 10:19 PM   #11
B16DoHcCrx033003
4th Gear

ban please ban

im only 15 and i think i know more then this kid...
Old 03-25-2004, 10:19 PM   #12
V8killimports

Quote:
Originally posted by V8killimports
Yea you have about a 3hp difference over a stock civic.

Congo just curiouse but how old are you?
Old 03-25-2004, 10:32 PM   #13
c0ng0 b0ng0

i am 17 and maybe you guys think these mods are no good and dont believe me but i raced the eclipse and won. have any of you raced a 4 cylindir eclipse before? if so you will know how easily they go down. please stop taking my thread off topic i am trying to keep it serious and all you guys can do is say ban me and tell me i am stupid.;

Old 03-25-2004, 10:48 PM   #14
IALuder

you beat one of the slowest cars out there. the non turbo eclipse rank in with neons and cavilars.

plus your 17 you should know a lot more about cars. i knew a lot more then you make yourself seem to know when i was 10.

as for a grounding kit and plug and intake. my friend Otakuguy got the same mods and his car a difference in pick up but not speed.

Old 03-25-2004, 10:48 PM   #15
V8killimports

Quote:
i am 17 and maybe you guys think these mods are no good and dont believe me but i raced the eclipse and won. have any of you raced a 4 cylindir eclipse before? if so you will know how easily they go down. please stop taking my thread off topic i am trying to keep it serious and all you guys can do is say ban me and tell me i am stupid.;

I dunno if you are stupid, but you keep calling the eclipse a little 4 banger when that's all your car is too... and less of one at that.
Old 03-25-2004, 10:54 PM   #16
c0ng0 b0ng0

ok but a honda 4 banger is way better than the crappy eclipse one i have vtec and am modded. again please do not post in my thread if all you want to do is cause trouble

Old 03-26-2004, 12:29 AM   #17
4doorspeedman

where does a friggin kid a litle youngetr than me get the money for a 18 thousand dollar car dam rich kids and then he goes and lies so let me list why i dont like this guy

1.) he has 18 grand ro spend
2.) he spent that money on a civic si
3.) he thinks with a cia he can beat a supra or corvet

I think ive made my case and dude dont lie so much if he was modded as much as you say it defintaly wouldn't have been a blow out espicaly if you spun through first

Old 03-26-2004, 02:14 AM   #18
c0ng0 b0ng0

he did not have any mods i was the only one who had mods. there is no place in this thread that i said he had mods so now whos the liar. yeah it is you. let me list why i dont like THIS guy
1)he does not drive a honda
2)he bitches in threads about thing that are not even on topic
3)he makes things up to make you look bad
4)he must be gay because he acts like it

get out of here if all you can do is whine and talk about how i dont know anything or i am young and spoild.

Old 03-26-2004, 09:51 AM   #19
Matrix

Look, if you beat an Eclipse, then you beat an Eclipse. Fine, great, whatever.

But to think your car is anywhere NEAR the same league as a Supra or Corvette is too much of a stretch for anyone to make. It's going to take much more than a few mods to get you within a football field of those cars.

It's my understanding that the current Si is a little slower than the previous version, and Honda even took a step back on the suspension. Nice car, don't get me wrong. But I wouldn't be throwing around some of the comments you've been making if I had that car.

Old 03-26-2004, 02:48 PM   #20
VR4_Craver
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by 4doorspeedman
where does a friggin kid a litle youngetr than me get the money for a 18 thousand dollar car dam rich kids and then he goes and lies so let me list why i dont like this guy

1.) he has 18 grand ro spend
2.) he spent that money on a civic si
3.) he thinks with a cia he can beat a supra or corvet

I did it...but i have 3 jobs and now for this goon

Quote:
but then when vtec came on i ran ahead of him like crazy and just kept going like it was nothing.

You do understand that our (yes i own one too) vtec kicks in at 2200? That means on a cold day outside your (sorry our) car will idle a little lower than the vtec crossover. Second i have slaughtered Eclipses before so i know your now a liar there.
Quote:
i said he had mods so now whos the liar. yeah it is you. let me list why i dont like THIS guy1)he does not drive a honda
2)he bitches in threads about thing that are not even on topic
3)he makes things up to make you look bad
4)he must be gay because he acts like it

This? will make you nothing but enimies on here. Your asking for a ban already with 100 posts. not good. Your cai intake is about the same as my exhaust. You have no advantage over any other si's. The plugs are worthless. I fully understand you know your car is lacking i think so to. Just dont rattle like you did in this post
Also the honda engine being better then the eclpise.Yes honda engine are better than most just not ours. That eclipse probably revved higher than ours. I am not sure what the range on that engine is in rpms...
the geekz0r (11:03:46 PM): basicly, look at it this way...the 6speed is the same is the 5speed in 2,3,4,5,and 6...only the speeds are different because of the fd
the geekz0r (11:04:16 PM): so 2nd pulls like 1st in the 5speed, 3rd is like 2nd, etc.
PortugeeTex (11:04:26 PM): so whats 1st like then?
the geekz0r (11:04:49 PM): 1st is like hitting a cheeta in the ass with a tazer
PortugeeTex (11:04:53 PM): lmfao

Last edited by VR4_Craver : 03-26-2004 at 02:51 PM.
Old 03-26-2004, 08:52 PM   #21
4doorspeedman

Now i know im breaking my own rule about not arguing with stupid people but here it goes this is just to good to pass up

let me make this organized and go in order here.

you say that i should leave this board because i dont drive a honda. well some of the most respected memebers on this board dont drive hondas and most members will agnolage that hondas are not the best cars out there for everything. I would love to have an accrod instead of my camry but hey its daily transportaion and o well,also honda's are overpriced my 6 is almost the same profrarmece as an accord v6 .1 off in acceleration and the 6 handels way better than the acord also its 5 grand less than the accord

2 riddel me this how is what im saying off topic

3. I am making nothing up becasue realy i dont have to you have done the work for me on that one buddy. you think you are in the same league as a corvet this is the kinda crap that gets import owners into trouble with v8 guys. you think that your car can run a 5.7 0-60 caues if it cant you cant even hang with a 80's vett and those are the worst. and if you think those spark plug wires are going to help u with just a cia in there you are saddly mistaken. This also brings me to your supposed 16 inch jl woofer THEY (JL) DONT MAKE 16 INCH WOOFFERS!!!!!!!

4. THis is my fav of your arguements cause when i read it i just laugh. Because i diagree with ya I am gay well I guess a lot of this board is gay. and how did you come to this conclusion that Im into the man lovin i would love to know cause ive read what I wrote and i just dont get gay out of it. Now if you ment to just resort to the petty name calling i dont realy want to get involvted because it realy accomplishes nothing and only proves my point that you are an immature kid.

and as to you vr4 I can respect the 3 job thing thats dedication to your hobby or lifestlye as it becomes for many of us but i want to ask all of you out there DOES NE1 ELSE THINK THODE SI'S LOOK LIKE A 2 DOOR van ause i do im not raggin on hondas i just think with 18 grand you can get somthing a lot faster and better looking curently the Tim Talyor side of me is in contoland im feeling like a 69 chevel ss 396 arg arg agr MORE POWER or how about a used wrx or supra 3000gt vr4 or other comperable cars i dont doubt a si could beat a 4 banger eclpise but you said he had a lud exahst which leads me to belive he had a some mods and if you slid throught first and he got a good launch like you said you should not have been even there are just a few thing you say that seem like you have no clue what you are talking about its just frustating for me to c discrap and i dont want this to turn into what happented to drdingo with him racing that svt cobra (which i belived) hopefuly this kid will lay off the petty name calling and grow up

Old 03-27-2004, 12:08 AM   #22
IALuder

i vote to close this thread before it gets out of control and people start fighting and threating eachother. no offence to anyone. but for someone to consider looking at joining this board, then read this thread. i can see why we dont have as many new people.

Old 03-27-2004, 07:15 PM   #23
CD5Passion

before it's closed I want my 2 cents put in, cause by the time i read these they are normally already closed. I have to disagree with ya 4doorspeedman I like the way those cars look, but thats where my argument ends and another begins...dude...come on..
1)if you were to EVER take on a corvette I promise you that you would be thoroughly embarrased, and there's a nice hot pink supra (yes hot pink, it's nickname is Pinky) around my area that I'm sure would be glad to race "someone in his league" specially with a civic..oh im sorry a SI i forgot that part...
2)CAI does next to nothing but give you car a neat sound when you tap the gas. btw what brand CAI is it?
3)and hell man...I've never seen you on this forum, this is the first.
4) I love my Honda to death, but Honda's are not the best platform to build on if you want mad speed on your list. a kid I know spent nearly 8grand on his 92 teg and only pushes 280hp, granted thats 140 more than mine but thats not anything...my friend spend like 3g on his '80something mustang and could lift the front end off the ground off the line and actually needs a rollcage cause you can feel the chassis twist through every gear
5) I read this post and I immediatly thought fast and the furious...thats not a compliment mind you. come race some eclipses over here and I promise you they will tear you apart....

p.s....is your car a Type-R or are you one of them who just paste a badge on their car and race everything that moves?

you started off time here on this forum with no respect from me. Honestly I'm suprised that GT40fied has not ripped you a new a$$ this seems like his type of thread....
silly kid driving a eclipse is 16??...you're 17?.....dude...theres a rule, you must be AT LEAST 3 years older than the other person to make fun of their age...
ok I'm done, thanks
Old 03-27-2004, 07:44 PM   #24
Senshi

Quote:
Originally posted by B16DoHcCrx033003
ban please ban

im only 15 and i think i know more then this kid...

dude you don't ban ppl b/c they don't no anything about cars, damn

Old 03-27-2004, 09:53 PM   #25
AkimboStylee

yeah where is gt40
?
Old 03-27-2004, 11:02 PM   #26
IALuder

can we please close this. this thread has come down to people fighting with one another. this thread lost its purpose after the 5th post.

Mod please close and/or delete this thread.

Old 03-27-2004, 11:32 PM   #27
black95gs-t

Quote:
Originally posted by SFKing
plus your 17 you should know a lot more about cars. i knew a lot more then you make yourself seem to know when i was 10.
This is my only prob w/ anything that was said to this kid. We don't all get an early start. Everything I know, which is quite a bit, I learned starting at the age of 19. My dad was mechanically disinclined. I learned when I moved out. Other than that, where is GT40?

"Hearts and minds gents.... And if that doesn't work, two in the heart and one in the mind."

"Life sucks.....so drop your pants and let the good times roll!" Mycivicjust8u
Old 03-28-2004, 09:26 AM   #28
CD5Passion

^agreed, I didnt really get into the scene until age 16 and only really started learning anything useful about these cars in late 17, and I'm still learning. Father is also mechanically disenclined.. Probably the dudes first car and is learning the reigns so some slack should be given
Old 03-28-2004, 10:23 AM   #29
C's 94 InTeGrA
4th Gear

i wana put somethin in too!!!! OK u said its a newer eclipse? Cause the new ones have v6's not 4 bangers
Old 03-28-2004, 10:48 AM   #30
black95gs-t

I could be wrong, but I think the new ones have both. I think the V6 is an option while the I4 is standard. Could be wrong though.

"Hearts and minds gents.... And if that doesn't work, two in the heart and one in the mind."

Old 03-28-2004, 10:52 AM   #31
pdiggitydogg
Yahoo Watashi wa kattaze!

two different models
gt is the v6
standard is i4

Corvettes? Supras? Right....
Those cars are at least several leagues away from a stock civic.
(grounding/plugs and an intake are not real mods)
Old 03-28-2004, 12:10 PM   #32
VR4_Craver
Banned

I beleive that he has started out wrong and a little undereducated (not intended to poke fun) I know when i got my car(nov of 02) i though i was hot shit. I was the only one around with the car and i was 17. Trying to get attention is how i put over 30,000 miles on my car in one year. i also beleive that he was just excited. first kill in a new car.....everyone is like that. Although i am not taken back anything that i said it is just perhaps he can start with a new slate, so to speak.
the geekz0r (11:03:46 PM): basicly, look at it this way...the 6speed is the same is the 5speed in 2,3,4,5,and 6...only the speeds are different because of the fd
the geekz0r (11:04:16 PM): so 2nd pulls like 1st in the 5speed, 3rd is like 2nd, etc.
Old 03-28-2004, 12:15 PM   #33
black95gs-t

Quote:
Originally posted by VR4_Craver
I beleive that he has started out wrong. perhaps he can start with a new slate.
I vote for this. Don't screw it up this time you. This doesn't happen often.

Old 03-28-2004, 02:16 PM   #34
VR4_Craver
Banned

is the ass raping gt40 would provide really necessary? j/k
Old 03-28-2004, 08:30 PM   #35
c0ng0 b0ng0

Quote:
Originally posted by 4doorspeedman
Now i know im breaking my own rule about not arguing with stupid people but here it goes this is just to good to pass up

let me make this organized and go in order here.

you say that i should leave this board because i dont drive a honda. well some of the most respected memebers on this board dont drive hondas and most members will agnolage that hondas are not the best cars out there for everything. I would love to have an accrod instead of my camry but hey its daily transportaion and o well,also honda's are overpriced my 6 is almost the same profrarmece as an accord v6 .1 off in acceleration and the 6 handels way better than the acord also its 5 grand less than the accord

2 riddel me this how is what im saying off topic

3. I am making nothing up becasue realy i dont have to you have done the work for me on that one buddy. you think you are in the same league as a corvet this is the kinda crap that gets import owners into trouble with v8 guys. you think that your car can run a 5.7 0-60 caues if it cant you cant even hang with a 80's vett and those are the worst. and if you think those spark plug wires are going to help u with just a cia in there you are saddly mistaken. This also brings me to your supposed 16 inch jl woofer THEY (JL) DONT MAKE 16 INCH WOOFFERS!!!!!!!

4. THis is my fav of your arguements cause when i read it i just laugh. Because i diagree with ya I am gay well I guess a lot of this board is gay. and how did you come to this conclusion that Im into the man lovin i would love to know cause ive read what I wrote and i just dont get gay out of it. Now if you ment to just resort to the petty name calling i dont realy want to get involvted because it realy accomplishes nothing and only proves my point that you are an immature kid.

and as to you vr4 I can respect the 3 job thing thats dedication to your hobby or lifestlye as it becomes for many of us but i want to ask all of you out there DOES NE1 ELSE THINK THODE SI'S LOOK LIKE A 2 DOOR van ause i do im not raggin on hondas i just think with 18 grand you can get somthing a lot faster and better looking curently the Tim Talyor side of me is in contoland im feeling like a 69 chevel ss 396 arg arg agr MORE POWER or how about a used wrx or supra 3000gt vr4 or other comperable cars i dont doubt a si could beat a 4 banger eclpise but you said he had a lud exahst which leads me to belive he had a some mods and if you slid throught first and he got a good launch like you said you should not have been even there are just a few thing you say that seem like you have no clue what you are talking about its just frustating for me to c discrap and i dont want this to turn into what happented to drdingo with him racing that svt cobra (which i belived) hopefuly this kid will lay off the petty name calling and grow up

ok what are you a writier wow i am not going to waste my time and read all of that you should just be quit and leave this thread we are talkingabout me winning races here not you complaining

Old 03-28-2004, 08:39 PM   #36
black95gs-t

No, actually we are talking about you being really freakin annoying and lying. I'm not mad. Let me explain this too you. This is not ment to come across as condescending or hateful. On this site, you will not be made fun of for not knowing something. You will be ridiculed if you
1. Make stuff up
2. Blatently lie
3. Stick by your guns even though you are obviously wrong
and 4. Try to flame established members.

If you don't know something, don't just make it up. Say you don't know. We won't get mad at you for that. Well I won't. You've already established a pretty bad rep in here. Just chill out with the know it all threads and the "Honda's are the best thing on the planet no matter what" attitude, (sorry Honda guys, but in all honesty......) and you'll fit in nicely here.
R/S
J

Old 03-28-2004, 08:43 PM   #37
VR4_Craver
Banned

Please. PLEASE take what he said into consideration before you post again.
Old 03-29-2004, 10:41 AM   #38
Matrix

This has been a public service lesson brought to you by HStuners.com

Thank you, and have a nice day.

Closed Thread