Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 09-11-2003, 11:20 AM   #1
blsky

baggin ur car...

is it worth all the trouble?
Old 09-11-2003, 11:47 AM   #2
GirlSolRacer

Depends on what you call trouble. Are you gonna be just showing your car? If not, I wouldn't bag it. I've have a bagged truck and it's cool and I love it, but it's not good for a reliable daily driver, no matter who installs it or what kind of bags/lines/solenoids you have. Your lines will leak, something will rub, and you will have to cut things. Just some facts of dealing with a bag system.
Old 09-12-2003, 12:46 PM   #3
2000Pimpinex
Super Moderator

I'm not for bags on a car. Maybe a show truck.
1985 Ford Bronco XLT 5.8 351W
w/ 33X12.5X15
2000Pimpinex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2003, 09:28 PM   #4
Jaret10

i heard they rip when u race too is that true
Old 10-02-2003, 08:41 AM   #5
GirlSolRacer

I don't know about ripping, but they really suck for racing. You want somewhat of a stiff suspension when racing. Airbags make your suspension feel all mushy. Very poor for racing. Your car will move around from the power of the motor, while your frame will go another way. You will most probably break something. If you don't plan on racing, then maybe try air rods. They are more reliable and a little stiffer than bags, and I've seen those on more cars than airbags.
Old 10-02-2003, 07:07 PM   #6
Jaret10

thanks what do u think about the tein type flex there kinda expensive but they sound like and look lik e a good suspention kit
Old 10-03-2003, 09:28 AM   #7
DjFrost

w0w I did not know that about airbags.... I was actually thinking of getting them.... looks like I will think twice about that now :o
Old 10-03-2003, 10:56 AM   #8
ifeldwn02
3rd Gear

u could get bags but for a car u need to get air cylinders but u will still have some of the problems listed above. it will also depend on the reasons why u want them like if u just want to play with them , show use, u have a body kit but still would like to go into some places, etc. it all depends on what u r planning on doind with ur car. u do need to remember that the ride will not be always b the best
ifeldwn02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2003, 12:08 AM   #9
Grip72

bags= cool..i'd rather have them than racing..i dunno
Grip72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2003, 09:16 AM   #10
GirlSolRacer

Tein is top of the line. They are expensive, but they are good. That's what we are getting on the Si, but I'm not sure which exact setup yet.

Bags are fun. But I don't want them on my cars. For my truck, hell yeah. It's just for show and driving around anyway. And for hauling a boat and sometimes a horse trailer.
Airbags are great if you don't race and don't have to depend on them for a daily driver. Like I said, something will go wrong eventually. Even on the best setups that seem to work perfectly. I know a guy with a full fledged show truck that was body dropped and bagged. It was a show weekend and he was cruising around a little that night. His front valves got stuck and wouldn't work. Since he was body dropped, he was like an anchor stuck there. He couldn't drive anywhere. They eventually had to put a new valve on right there in the parking lot the next day. And this setup was done professionally with good valves that weren't torn up or abused. Just a thought...........
Old 10-20-2003, 04:10 PM   #11
MAXed Out
6th Gear

go with tein than bags u will be impresed by them.
1997 Maxima SE 5spd, Stillen Body Kit, Warpspeed Y & B pipes, Magnaflow Muffler, Koni Yellows & Tein S-tech springs, JVC Headunit, Directed 7" in dash screen,Stillen Intake, red/clear tail lights, AE mod, Paceseter STS, EL-Glow Gauges, Clutchmasters FX300 Clutch, rebuilt tranny, 19" Mille Miglia Evo 5's with Pirelli Pzero's(summer), 18" Hp D-10 hyper silver wrapped in Goodyear ultra HPR, SPW front strut bar, Helios 7000k HID, Motostorm UDP, Viper 5000Vx alarm, 2 12" PowerClass 124 subs, Kenwood 1200 Watt amp, DVD Changer
MAXed Out is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2003, 09:17 AM   #12
Dasspipe

Like someone else said, unless your planning to put bags on an all show car, don't do it...

I've known a few people with bagged rides...

My friend owns a civic that he enters in a lot of competitions just for his sound system (which is ****ING NUTS btw). Anyway, the bags malfunctioned and we couldn't figure it out.. The big problem was that his garage has a lip to the entrance and we couldn't even get the car over the lip til we got a mechanic to come work on it at his house.

Same thing happened to another friend of mine but he was at school when it happened and scraped the shit out of his ride trying to get over the speedbumps that idiot
Old 10-22-2003, 05:59 PM   #13
nolb28

i am lookin for some suspension for my crx that is in car adjustable. I live in canada an the roads arent too great. i need some that are durable an when im on good roads i can drop the car an on bad roads i can raise it(potholes). Tein sounds good but i need more info on them an other brands.
Old 11-08-2003, 06:07 PM   #14
CD5Passion

knew a guy who was driving his truck down the interstate and his front bags went which resulted in his front end being used like a rake
I hear alot of horror stories on these things but they are so cool and it will keep your sh!t from getting damaged. Will it cost more to fix something hear and there on the bags or would it cost more to repair your kit and/or body thats what you gotta consider
Old 11-11-2003, 10:29 AM   #15
JamieS697

wow!! I havent heard any of these stories and i know quite a few friends with bags both cheap setups and pro jobs. With everything you buy there are horror stories its just like they said you cant fully depend on it for a daily driver. My car has been bagged for about 6 months or so i just love it because it allows me to go places that most people that just put springs on cant. It has saved my body kit from alot of problems. But on the other hand i do not drive it every day i have an alternate vehicle so my civic is only driven in good weather and not through real rough areas.