::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > The Lounge Area > Kill Stories
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 05-18-2003, 05:44 PM   #1
Civickid0to60

96 AWD Turbo Talon vs. 98 GSR

Alright got a new car off of eBay, a turbo TSI Talon. LOOOOVE it. Well there I was, just put on a new blow-off valve ( GReddy Type-S...RFL), and I decided to go up to a place where we race, its basically an old highway noone really uses anymore where a lot of import kids hang out. So we drove up there and I saw my buddy Justin. He has a 98 GSR, and he wins a lot of races, he used to kick my civics ass all the time. So I asked him if he wanted to race for 50 bucks. We started off at a dead stop, and he launched so he counted to 3 and we took off. Can I just say that going from a FWD to an AWD is insanity? I felt like I was being sucked into the seat! Well, I slowed down and he caught up after i beat him insanely off the line. Well so now we were rolling and we again took off on 3 and I let him go for like 2 seconds, then I gunned it and blew by him. I LOVE MY TALON! This time im never gonna let it run while at sheetz so noone wrecks it like my del sol. :-(
Old 05-18-2003, 07:45 PM   #2
OPAKRACING

damn....you got another car FAST! i swear it was yesturday or the day before that that you wrecked your sol....

Nice kill tho
Old 05-18-2003, 08:47 PM   #3
ShEaNy

yea that was fasst man...nice kill
ShEaNy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2003, 10:41 PM   #4
CD5Passion

you don't waste anytime do you buddy?
nice kill though, I never really paid that much attention to Talons..are they really that well off?
Old 05-19-2003, 09:06 AM   #5
Novtec1

Quote:
Originally posted by Shardsofxapril
you don't waste anytime do you buddy?
nice kill though, I never really paid that much attention to Talons..are they really that well off?

yea they are less than 1k in mods will put the car in the low 13's high 12's with a good driver. i got my AWD TSI for 700 bucks..i love my integra but my talon will crush just about anything i race... since i had it i've put my share of fast cars in the ground..best kill so far E46 M3. Trust me it was worth the money

oh yea civickid0to60 if you think the greddy type s is lound ask someone with a turbo xs rfl to take you for a ride. also if you need some help or got any ? let me know always willing to help a DSM'er.
Old 05-23-2003, 06:59 PM   #6
ford50forlife
4th Gear

Quote:
Originally posted by Novtec1
yea they are less than 1k in mods will put the car in the low 13's high 12's with a good driver.

best recipe is .85 cent bleeder valve from lowes to run 18psi

and 100 shot kit

or port and clip the 14b

2640lbs with full tank minus me w/ 302cid
check out the crustang and 88 cherokee @
www.cardomain.com/id/ford50forlife
ford50forlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2003, 11:45 PM   #7
nonovurbizniz

Quote:
Originally posted by ford50forlife
best recipe is .85 cent bleeder valve from lowes to run 18psi

and 100 shot kit

or port and clip the 14b

My buddy's had NOTHING but the wastegate hose pulled... (same affect as the bleeder valve)

that thing was soooo ****** fast he'd ROAST everything on the street it was rediculous... he was one of the best drivers I've ever seen too...

he's onto mustangs now... if you go to english town you may have seen his car... its a convertable yellow (i didn't pick it but it actually looks ok) mustang (96 I think). I haven't seen it in a while but last I heard he did an auto tranny in it cuz the shift times were killing his 1/4 times... it's got turbo and nitrous I believe... runs 12 or 11 I THINK...
Old 05-23-2003, 11:47 PM   #8
nonovurbizniz

Ohhhh and side note to dude who's got the talon...

MAKE SURE YOU CHANGE ALL your oils OFTEN.. ie transfer case rearend tranny engine etc... and the dude I used to know with one SWORE by marvel mystery oil... but I'm really not sure how much of that was a joke and how much was serious (he did use it)... his answer to "what's it got in it?" was "Marvel Mystery Oil!".

I'm a BIG fan of redline but it's a little pricey.
Old 05-24-2003, 05:53 AM   #9
ford50forlife
4th Gear

Quote:
Originally posted by nonovurbizniz
My buddy's had NOTHING but the wastegate hose pulled... (same affect as the bleeder valve)

if your saying that 1 free mod has netted over a 2 second gain in the 1/4 mile then thats complete bullshit. i dont care if its mario andretti.

i know tons of awd turbo dsms all of them needed at least a 16g or ported and clipped 14b to get into 12's let alone 1 free mod

when i ran mid 13's there was a dsm with mbc running 18psi, intake, full exhaust, intercooler piping, and other shit, ill be damned if even a 5k launch didnt help him from me going right past him (RUNNING past) @ 80...

2640lbs with full tank minus me w/ 302cid
check out the crustang and 88 cherokee @
www.cardomain.com/id/ford50forlife

Last edited by ford50forlife : 05-24-2003 at 06:05 AM.
ford50forlife is offline   Reply With Quote