::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > Honda / Acura Cars > Integra
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 01-02-2005, 01:17 AM   #1
Prophcy0

Is this too much for a 95 ls?

I wrecked my Civic about a week ago (playing around on icy roads), and I'll find out Monday if it is totaled or not. If it is then I really want to get an Integra. I don't yet know how to drive a manual (friend plans to teach me tomorrow), but even if I do learn I think I want to get an automatic Integra anyway. I don't plan to race or anything of that nature, I just want a nice looking car to drive around. My Civic was a 4dr, so pretty much any kind of an Integra would be an upgrade. Anyway, I was browsing around and found this Integra for sale: http://used-cars.autos.yahoo.com/use...Yj00MSY-#image

It seems to have everything I want - it's silver, lowered, seems to be in great condition, etc. I do plan to replace the wheels and taillights on it if I buy it. Anyway, is $6000 too much for a 95 Integra LS? According to Kelly Blue Book and Edmunds.com this price is a little steep, but as far as I can tell by searching through used cars on the net it's pretty reasonable. I figured I'd ask this forum and see what all of you thought.

Thanks!
Old 01-02-2005, 01:52 AM   #2
MissJDM

First off, nothing wrong with 4dr! I happen to like 4dr civics as well. Actually, only the obd1 style. Anyway, PERSONALLY I think 6k is a little over the top for a automatic LS with 133k+ miles on it. I see that it shows 200+miles away from your given entry, so have you looked to see what else is out there? I mean, 200+ miles range is huge, so I'm sure there's gotta be something else. Also, cars go for different prices based on geographic location.

I'm looking at cars around Nashville, TN and see that they are pretty spendy. SOOO, this car has some mods worth some moolah..so I guess it's not TOO shabby. Still, I would never buy a car with that many miles on it.

Best of luck, and give it a couple of weeks before you settle. You'll buy it and a week later see something better, for cheaper. It never fails.

Goodluck, dude.

you say it best when you say nothing at all
MissJDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2005, 02:05 AM   #3
Prophcy0

My Civic has over 140k miles on it and runs just fine, so mileage isn't a HUGE deal to me. All I really want is a nice blue or silver Integra. I really like the fact that the one in Ohio has the ground effects kit on it. What price should I try to talk the seller down to?

Also - thanks for the advice!
Old 01-02-2005, 03:54 AM   #4
IALuder

6K for that car that has more than that in it. i would pay it. but im crazy and over paid for what i bought.:o

like lyna said look close to home. shipping is a bitch.

if you cant dazzle them with your brillance, baffle them with your bullshit.
IALuder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2005, 06:01 AM   #5
thermal
Banning Machine

For $6k, I can get a low mileage GSR around here. As a matter of fact, I found a 95GSR (2 dr) with less than 80k miles for $5500. My friend drove off with it....

So, I seriously wouldnt pay that much for an LS.

Project Teg

Visit the Turbo Forum
thermal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2005, 12:15 PM   #6
Prophcy0

Quote:
Originally posted by SFKing
6K for that car that has more than that in it. i would pay it. but im crazy and over paid for what i bought.:o

like lyna said look close to home. shipping is a bitch.

I'll have a friend drive me up to pick it up. I'm going to try and talk the seller down a bit. I'll also look for some Integras for sale that are a little closer to here.
Old 01-02-2005, 12:38 PM   #7
IALuder

check out other car sites. cars.com autotrader.com

if you cant dazzle them with your brillance, baffle them with your bullshit.
IALuder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2005, 12:40 PM   #8
MissJDM

It's not the fact that mileage is a huge issue in relation to safety but who wants a worn out car? Therm: Like I said, prices vary in different geographic locations. I dunno, I just never imagined paying 6k for an LS.

you say it best when you say nothing at all
MissJDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2005, 01:42 PM   #9
dabouncerx24

Personally, after just finishing 3 months of looking for a good Integra (which I found, a 94 with 100k for $4000), I would say do not get one that's already been fixed up. Sure the aftermarket parts looks good and you'll save money on them, but it's sure as hell that the engine has been raced and the original body has been carved up. When I was looking for cars, you won't believe how much shit I saw under the hood even though the body is nice, or vice versa.

I live in SF, so cars are pretty expensive here. But if you take the effort to go look for a stock one and fix it yourself, it probably won't cost that much. It feels much better to feel the performance parts piece by piece (no I don't mean hugging or touching them).

Oh yeah, the guy said "NO ENGINE MODS". You don't even know if he just put all the stock things back in, another thing to consider is the seller him/herself. The ideal seller you want to meet is probably an old lady with a bible in the backseat. But if the seller is a young asian male (sorry :P)...then it's just natural you know that you can't trust what he says about not racing or no crashes etc.
dabouncerx24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2005, 01:58 PM   #10
Prophcy0

Good points. Like I mentioned in the first post, my friend is going to try and teach me to drive stick today. If I get pretty decent at it then I might just go ahead and get a manual Integra, possibly even a GSR.
Old 01-02-2005, 05:19 PM   #11
C's 94 InTeGrA
4th Gear

Hey i have seen that car before. But i dont think it looked good up close from what i can remeber
Old 01-02-2005, 05:34 PM   #12
Prophcy0

I'm having a hard time finding any Integras near Nashville, at least on the internet. Does anyone have any suggestions as to where I could look?