Go Back   HSTuners > Honda / Acura Cars > Civic/Del Sol
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 09-29-2002, 07:08 PM   #1
91civ_hb

should i buy a body kit from asylum? **updated**

www.asylumms.com
ok, now i know urethane is better quality, but it is also expensive. would it be a bad move to go with a fiberglass kit with a lowered car?
Old 09-29-2002, 07:39 PM   #2
Racing Rice
Project Combat Honda

I bought one from them.. Service wasnt to bad once you finally got through. It took nearly 2 weeks to get it because they shipped it by truck.

As for the bodykit. Are you getting Fiberglass or Urethane? Fiberglass sucks, thats why my body kit never saw my car. I sold it before I ever installed it. My friend bought one the same time, from Asylumms, as I did and he had nothing but problems. Cracking, and not fitting very well. Had a ton of pinholes and such in it, the prep work took forever to do, which could end up costing more. After that, all of us decided we would never buy fiberglass bodykits again.
Old 09-29-2002, 08:51 PM   #3
91civ_hb

judging the experiences you and your friend had, i think i'm gonna go with a urethane kit. ship time doesn't phase me much. all i'm worried about is price and quality. would you recommend getting kits professionally installed, or can i do it myself? thanks for your help.
Old 09-29-2002, 08:55 PM   #4
94_AcCoRd_EX
Insomniac Moderator

I've heard WAY too many horror stories from assylum to EVER think about ordering from them.

--Need hosting for your pics on HST? PM me...--
94_AcCoRd_EX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2002, 09:12 PM   #5
Racing Rice
Project Combat Honda

Quote:
Originally posted by 91civ_hb
judging the experiences you and your friend had, i think i'm gonna go with a urethane kit. ship time doesn't phase me much. all i'm worried about is price and quality. would you recommend getting kits professionally installed, or can i do it myself? thanks for your help.

The installations not really to hard. Its all the painting and such that goes along with it. Putting the bumpers and stuff on is pretty easy. Just becareful when you drill the holes.
Old 09-29-2002, 09:41 PM   #6
pdiggitydogg
Yahoo Watashi wa kattaze!

last time i was at asylum the site was down and all kinds of problems there the time before. (they have some stuff i want to
get too).
thanks for the info on the body kits. I was looking at CWest. any info on those kits? Do they come Urethane?
pdiggitydogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2002, 10:31 PM   #7
blind34_1

I've seen some better prices at extremedimensions.com. I don't know if they're reputable or not. I saw them in sportcompactcar.
blind34_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2002, 11:08 PM   #8
pdiggitydogg
Yahoo Watashi wa kattaze!

yeah they are a good place. my friend in cali is sponsored by them. sometimes i can even get deals for parts...but not for a long time and it was only an airfreshener .
pdiggitydogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2002, 01:38 AM   #9
slowEJ6

ive purchased from asylumms and have no complaints.....however i would never get a kit from them - the quality is not ok.

dont skimp on a kit, fiberglass kits dont suck. id like to see any urethane kit even compare to the fitment and quality of a C-West kit or a Bomex kit......
slowEJ6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2002, 01:42 AM   #10
drdingo21

after about 10-15 days of looking for a kit for my civic i finally ended up getting the black widow git from ground designs. shipping only took about a week adn i got it last friday. Its really smooth and almost no pits in it, the car is going in monday to have it put on and get painted i will hopefully have it by friday...
drdingo21 is offline   Reply With Quote