.:HSTuners::

::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > The Lounge Area > Kill Stories
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 03-08-2003, 10:00 PM   #1
ShagginJet

Burnt RICE.. (5th Gen civic Bows to the 89' DX HB)

**It's a long story but the best race i've ever been in, read it**

Aight, so I'm cruise'n up to hollywood to pick a friend up. As I'm approaching the exit, some fool in a 5th gen civic HB (or so i thought) is coming down the onramp. This car was bright orange, and had a huge double decker spoiler where most hatchbacks have one. I didn't really want to look at the car cause i didn't want to get my ass beat down for staring some fool down. So as he's trying to get in, i'm going quicker to get ahead of him, he however get's in front of me, so i keep up with him to about 85, then blow around him upto 95. He get's behind me as i'm getting off at the exit, stops right next to me at the bottom of the ramp. we pull off at the green light but don't get anywhere because of traffic, he get's in behind me and waits for an opening. as we take off from a light, i go real slow so that a hole won't open up where he can make a move.

At the next light, i pull off real slow, but there is a tow truck next to me and i can't go that slow. So knowing a hole is going to open up, I gun it and hope second gear will do me good going up a little incline. He pulls to the side of me and get's up next to me as second gear is reving higher and higher. As we're both at the top of our rpm range and reaching the top of the hill, he shifts into third and pulls a bit. i'm at like 5500 in 2nd and ride it to 6500 and start to pull back. Then as we go over the top, i drop into 3rd and now am looking to the side and i'm seeing his front bumper.... (YEAH YEAH YEAH). I hit 4th at like 85-90, then we go for about 3 more seconds, me having the lead the entire time. Traffic is coming up quick, we start to brake heavy, being in the left lane i see no traffic coming the other way, drop into third, jump into oncoming traffic, and fly by the three or so cars that were holding us up.

By now he's stuck at a light and I'm gone. I pull over about 20 seconds up the road to wait for him. This way i can check out the car and see what i've just whipped.

So about a minute later i see him coming up, the projector headlights were the give away. He passes me and I get the full look over of his car.

He's driving a 5th Gen Civic coupe (2dr), bright orange, completely molded projector lights also orange, he has a buddy club full body kit, rice burner exhaust with 4" tip, couple stickers including NOS (lol), 5" glowing tach and pillar gauges to match, all painted interior, and a double decker molded wing (teminator style dual wing) mounted above the rear window where most hatbacks have the wing.

At this point I'm like wtf is this thing. I pull out into traffic and get about 2 cars behind him. He has to stop to turn at a light so i get to pass him up. I slow down real slow, look over to get a look, then take off.

The look on his face was the best thing I've ever seen, it's not even explainable. He had a 5th gen, spent 5k easy for all the mods, and just got his ass beat by a 4th gen HB DX (STOCK)...

I'm still glowing about this... A W E S O M E ! ! ! !

http://63.249.135.19/hdrive/car/index.htm
ShagginJet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2003, 06:30 PM   #2
HondaTypeJ

I live in the L.A. area too. About 3 miles from Hollywood. I think I have seen that same car...was the guy hispanic?
Old 03-09-2003, 06:39 PM   #3
firstgeardude

haha.. good stuff
Old 03-09-2003, 07:16 PM   #4
ShagginJet

Yes he was hispanic.

http://63.249.135.19/hdrive/car/index.htm
ShagginJet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2003, 08:29 PM   #5
TeriyakiBroccoli
5th Gear

You kidding me, most of the guys who drive imports in LA are hispanics!

everyone loves the turbizzim.
TeriyakiBroccoli is offline   Reply With Quote