::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > Tech Talk > Wheels, Tires, Suspension, and Brakes
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 01-03-2002, 08:52 PM   #1
CivicDX

Wheels are going inward on only 15s

I have 15 inch SI rims on my 95 Civic DX..I used to have the 13s. When I put them on and had them aligned, I noticed that they lean inward for some reason, I knew they did this if you lowered your car and had bigger rims but my car isnt lowered yet. They lean inward like / \. I was wondering what i need to do to fix this.. hopefully i dont need a camber kit.
Old 01-03-2002, 09:03 PM   #2
Racing Rice
Project Combat Honda

Is it just in the rear or on all four... Actually they come with a little negative camber from the factory. You probably didnt notice it when you have the stock 13s on because they are a little smaller and its not as noticeable or you werent looking are your car's wheels as much as you are now.. But really, its ok. Aslong as its in factory specs youll be fine..
Old 01-03-2002, 09:14 PM   #3
CivicDX

The only problem im having though is that when im driving the car tends to go to the right alot now and I dont know if that because of the wheels going inward or what but its a little harder to steer the car. Also, whenever i brake the steering wheel automatically just turns all the way to the right, you just see the steering wheel shoot to the right.

p.s. its on all four wheels.
Old 01-03-2002, 09:18 PM   #4
Racing Rice
Project Combat Honda

and you said they did and alignment? Lower profile, wider tires will make you feel more of the road an could possibly cause this. Try playing with you tire pressure some. If its at 35 PSI try about 29 or 30 PSI. See if that helps any...
Old 01-03-2002, 09:28 PM   #5
CivicDX

My pressure is at about 40-45 psi, my tires can handle up to about 50psi and my tires are BF-Goodrich eura ta and they look like regular tires to me, not wider or low profile. Do you think i should get it aligned again?
Old 01-03-2002, 09:33 PM   #6
Racing Rice
Project Combat Honda

Quote:
Originally posted by CivicDX
My pressure is at about 40-45 psi, my tires can handle up to about 50psi and my tires are BF-Goodrich eura ta and they look like regular tires to me, not wider or low profile. Do you think i should get it aligned again?

Id try letting some air out first... Theres no reason to have that much pressure in them unless your AutoXing... Honda recommended airpressure for a civic is: for the Front is 30 PSI and 29 PSI for the Rear. Try that first if it still does it real bad Id take it back and have them check alignment including camber, toe, and caster..