::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > Honda / Acura Cars > Accord
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 11-20-2002, 12:24 AM   #1
accord98lx

Coolant

The Owners manual says I should use Honda's Coolant thingy. But I use Napas Coolant. Should I continue to use the Napas coolant considering I dont want to flush the coolant system just to add honda's coolant? How Much would a coolant flush cost?
Old 11-20-2002, 12:45 AM   #2
accord98lx

Ok Nm I did a search on Coolant in the forums and I saw the debate on wheter or not to use Honda Coolant or other companys. But how bout my other question?

Now that Im using a temporary coolant for about 1 month now, how much would a coolant flush cost so I can add Honda's Coolant?
Old 11-20-2002, 12:56 AM   #3
accord98lx

Ok I dont think I can afford a coolant flush soon and I been using Napas coolant for about 1-2 months now. Is it Ok If I use the coolant for .... 1-2 more months??

Or can I just wait till all the napa's coolant in the tank to disappear and add Honda's Coolant in there w/o doing a flush..? Is that a good idea??
Old 11-20-2002, 12:59 AM   #4
ShEaNy

...just call ur local shop or honda and ask them how much it is....or even if u should flush it out at all....
ShEaNy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2002, 01:18 AM   #5
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

i don't see why use honda's coolant. if it would be after honda you should use their winshield washer fluid or your windshield will melt. the only problem that i strongly advise you not to use anything other than the honda fluid is the power steering.

ebpda9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2002, 10:42 AM   #6
ChrisCantSkate
Thought Police

Quote:
Originally posted by hondaman-iac
i don't see why use honda's coolant. if it would be after honda you should use their winshield washer fluid or your windshield will melt. the only problem that i strongly advise you not to use anything other than the honda fluid is the power steering.

or manual tranny fluid

Many dreams come true, and some have silver linings.
I live for my dreams and a pocket full of gold.
ChrisCantSkate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2002, 10:45 AM   #7
accord98lx

Lol..its going to cost me about 70 bucks for a coolant flush.

And Since when did we have to use HONDA washer fluid?!? MY windshield melts if I dont use their washer?

And Would it be ok if I just wait till my temp coolant to dry out then add Honda's coolant or is it a better idea to flush it before I add the honda coolant?

Im not a Do-it-yourself person...i dont know how to flush!!
Old 11-20-2002, 10:48 AM   #8
ShEaNy

then the bathroom must stink..LOL...but no u can use any windshield fluid....i dont know if u caught the joke lol im sure the coolant u have in there is fine
Old 11-20-2002, 11:23 AM   #9
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

use any coolant. make sure you have like a coolant that will protect the aluminum radiator if u have one. other than that screw that. what do u mean you don't know how to flush ? just pull the little lever and it will flush. don't leave it there

Old 11-20-2002, 12:41 PM   #10
ShEaNy

exactly!^^
Old 11-20-2002, 12:58 PM   #11
blind34_1

Honda just says to use their products because, of course, they want to sell their product. It doesn't matter, as long as the specs are the same. And yeah, radiator flush and fill runs about 60-70 bucks. I'd say just spend it, its easier, especially if you don't know what you a re doing. remember hondas want 50/50 mix water/antifreeze. do much water and you freeze, too much antifreeze and you overheat.
blind34_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2002, 01:53 PM   #12
accord98lx

Just Wondering, did you guys read this?

http://www.hondastyle.com/forums/sho...hlight=coolant

Any opinions? Since you guys said the coolant im using is fine, Then I guess I can use this $5 coolant for 3-4 more months and my radiator wont brake or anything?

And Still, No one has answered my other question!!!

Can I just wait for my cheap coolant to run out and refill the coolant tank with Honda's coolant w/o doing a flush!!!? Or Do I have to flush everytime I decided to change coolant brand?!!!
Old 11-20-2002, 02:06 PM   #13
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

i'm reading it now and i'm about to find out why my second radiator is about to go

and for your question: don't just fill the tank, have it flushed and don't mix different types of coolant.

Old 11-20-2002, 08:15 PM   #14
accord98lx

Lol hondamaniac..now that your're reading that debate...you still think I should get the coolant flush now and switch to honda coolant?
Old 11-20-2002, 08:40 PM   #15
Honda530

ive had my honda accord since it rolled off the lot in 96. The radiator has been replaced only oncewhen I had a front end collision. I have used several ddifferent brands of radiator fluid only the ones that you dont mix with water. Some require you to mix it with water and some dont at least to my knowledge. I ahve never had a problem with my car overheating. I travel to Georgia and Mississippi often which is about a 500 mile trip one way. I beleive that you should be fine unless something comes up.
Old 11-20-2002, 11:37 PM   #16
accord98lx

Honda530, I love your car, how did you make ur seats black and blue like that??

And what kind of subs are those? Do they make punching bass?
Old 11-20-2002, 11:49 PM   #17
Accord Man
THE GENERAL

Coolant is one of the few things for which you really want to have the original sutff..

Have it flushed as soon as possible.
HondaStyle.com Babysitter's Club Member #0

Soon to be >Dr Max Immuh<
Accord Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2002, 11:57 PM   #18
accord98lx

Booooo...I decided to use Hondas coolant but I dont want it to get it flushed asap..maybe in 3 months since I heard some people not having any trouble using other brand coolant.
Old 11-21-2002, 12:01 AM   #19
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

Quote:
Originally posted by accord98lx
Lol hondamaniac..now that your're reading that debate...you still think I should get the coolant flush now and switch to honda coolant?

actually when i had the radiator replaced the car was under extended warranty and i had the honda deler do it. i paid for honda coolant, but i see that the radiator is going again, in less than a year.

Old 11-21-2002, 02:10 PM   #20
spoogenet

Quote:
Originally posted by ChrisCantSkate
or manual tranny fluid

U sure?

As far as I've heard many peeps have given rave reviews to Redline MTL in their Hondas. Why do you say to only use Honda manual tranny oil?

b
Old 11-21-2002, 02:38 PM   #21
Honda530

Quote:
Originally posted by accord98lx
Honda530, I love your car, how did you make ur seats black and blue like that??

And what kind of subs are those? Do they make punching bass?

Aww thanks. Well I had just put some blue and black seat covers on them But I took them off because they started looking bad. Im going to save for a nice recover job in the spring. The subs are the Audiobahn Aluminum Sound Q's at 1000 watts max and 500 watts rms with DVC they pound out the bass. They sound great and audiobahn subs arent too expensive. The guy that used to be like Pres or vice pres of the Eclipse company started audiobahn I think so their subs are similiar but eclipses are still better. Im selling the system though I want something smaller. But its cool cuz im using the money I sell my system for for rota subzero 16s